New Warrior Last Revision (H-19)

Thanks very much guys for all the help thus far,

Here is the final revision on the warrior:

character planner . perfect? . chardev seven

He has 349 ap unbuffed with 44 dps and 22% crit so far. He will likely still suck as it's me playing him but meh. :)

He is a premade dps warrior, let me explain some of the choices I made on him. Not a big fan of switches when this happens v that but will get necessary crud.

1. I went with +5 Str bracers over cavedwellers as we run 2 priest on O so stam is not such an issue.

2. Same logic as #1 I went with +15 Str to Reaper as that adds up substantially every hit over crusaders ppm.

3. I had to give up about 4% crit and 11 strength to get hit capped, I am not happy about it but hit pots are to big a pain in the ass for me to worry about, as I play so much I would always have to be stocking them.

4. The only tough spot for a choice for me was gloves with Thorbia vs. Fang, the difference isn't substantial either way its 3 str v 6 agi so I guess techinically I should go fang...thoughts? Btw I am not switching all the time, I'll pick one and go with that.

5. Also have a sf with lifestealing w redbeard+spike/stam.

6. Glyph charge, I prefer resonating to hammy as it completely changes my rotation, I love TC, like...a lot, and with imp tc + glyph ever 6 seconds it goes off.

Please tear it apart. Also looking for warrior macro's, omw to war section.

Ty guys for all the help, please fix him further.

[item]Draftsman Boots[/item]

These are an option, 6 less ap & some crit, but 50 more health. You really don't need much more than you have right now though, so it comes down to personal preference.

Sanitarium said:
[item]Draftsman Boots[/item]

These are an option, 6 less ap & some crit, but 50 more health. You really don't need much more than you have right now though, so it comes down to personal preference.

I think it would be a bad choice to drop 8 agi for 2 str, don't need the hp, by the same logic after some thought I have decided to switch the thorbia's for fangs.

Wow I feel like an idiot now. I thought Lynx were 8 str 3 agi not the other way around.

Glad I helped you with the glove decision though :p

a good macro would be "Switch to balance stance, charge, switch to Defensive stance," if going prot. I don't know the actual macro code for it, sorry. Since you seem to like crit, you can try out gloves of the fang. Personally, I prefer Thorbia's gauntlets, but only because I'm fc specced.

notoriousthf said:
a good macro would be "Switch to balance stance, charge, switch to Defensive stance," if going prot. I don't know the actual macro code for it, sorry. Since you seem to like crit, you can try out gloves of the fang. Personally, I prefer Thorbia's gauntlets, but only because I'm fc specced.

Ya this is for killing stuff very fast and eating an EFC's lunch so I don't care about anything but that on this toon. I have cobran's belt right now until I get the +10 str one.

notoriousthf said:
In that case, overall, you have good gear. All you need is skillz and you will do well.

(Just don't piss off others when you're in midfield doing dmg and efc goes right past you with charge still on cd :p)

How are you setting your talents, btw?

Talked extensively with several warriors and this is the consensus.

2/2 Rend

3/3 Armored to the Teeth

2/5 Cruelty

3/3 Improved Thunder Clap

Glyphs are charge for sure, then going to do testing on both hamstring and thunderclap glyphs. Right now I am using TC and its so beastly with the TC talent and changes my rotation completely.

Also, due to breaking my left hand recently I have been having to click more and more, so today I bought a Razer Naga Mouse. It has 17 buttons and looks just beastly so I can't wait for it to arrive. Frittos and I are finishing his boa's by this weekend.

3 Agi to cloak, 70 armor won't help that much on O.

And maybe even the haste trinket. and Look into haste it may be better.

Stuffo said:
3 Agi to cloak, 70 armor won't help that much on O.

And maybe even the haste trinket. and Look into haste it may be better.

Stuffy it is because of Armored to the Teeth: Armor->AP Conversion is more dps increase than the 3 agi. Agree/disagree?

Got to 71.5 last night buddy, 7 Shards and 4 Emblems so far, I am exited :)

I think you should think about a haste set TBH. For the simplicity of the math lets assume you are using 7str on gloves and 15 str on wep.14AP=1DPS 22str=44AP--44/14= 3.14 DPS

10 Haste on Gloves with 20 Haste on wep(counterweight) will make 30 haste in total ofc. At level 19 as of patch 3.3 my haste calculator says 3haste=1%haste; meaning 30 haste rating will be about 14.18% haste increase. we will take your chardevs DPS and subtract the amount you lose in STR. (44.92DPS)-(3.14DPS)=41.78DPS so your AVERAGE dmg per swing= (41.78x3.8= 158) take your weapon speed and take into account your haste... 3.8(1-0.1418)= 3.26116(round it to 3.26). Now your final DPS will be 158/3.26= 48.47DPS

the morale of the story is NEVER PUT 15STR ON A 2H WEP also your BoA trinket will increase your DPS buy a substantial amount also. As well as giving you a more CONSTANT supply of rage. Haste is where its at yo.

edit: 7/3 Spec for you warrior 2/2imp rend 3/3 imp HS(bleh i know) 2/2 imp charge and 3/3 AttT--This is so you can get an instant hamstring as soon as you charge. And I beleive that on O your thunderclap will waste your rage because of the constant amount of hamstringing your going to be doing to a shifting druid. if you have rage the extra dmg on Imp HS makes up for that i suppose. I would glyph into minor charge and Major hamstring. GL and HF man, Warriors are lots of fun!

notoriousthf said:
Well, I'm a TC spammer. Makes a nice anti-rogue setup. I also use both TC major/minor glyphs.

Talents are good, although armored to the teeth is still in my thoughts.

Ha I spam the crap outta TC every time it's up, my favorite skill. Although you may want to look into the charge glyph, gives you a big bump over hunters without hawk eye and catching EFC's, while having just 2 yards is not such a big deal on tc as no one runs Rogues in premades on Ruin...cept us :) /loves Frittos

Has anyone tried Haste setup on a warrior at 19? Wondering how effective that would be due to internal global cooldown.

Wuv123 said:
Ha I spam the crap outta TC every time it's up, my favorite skill. Although you may want to look into the charge glyph, gives you a big bump over hunters without hawk eye and catching EFC's, while having just 2 yards is not such a big deal on tc as no one runs Rogues in premades on Ruin...cept us :) /loves Frittos

Has anyone tried Haste setup on a warrior at 19? Wondering how effective that would be due to internal global cooldown.

did you read my math in above post?

This setup is more of a burst dmg over constant dps, though. Not sure if haste on gloves will be good. I would prolly suggest 15 agi on gloves, though, added crit and armor for talent.

I use Counterweight on my 2h, but only because it helps me heal quicker (as paladin).

And I don't play Ruin, I play Shadowburn :) I've seen a couple of rogue twinks roaming around Stormwind often.

If you use glove chant+ counterweight over the current ones your dps will increase by about 4 but you lose just over 2% crit chance and you will lose about 8 off your top end. Also haste also gains benefit if you are on your target the whole time which you cant guarentee. I would recommend using fiery if you dont like 'sader since fiery will increase your dps by 4, whilst allowing you to retain the crit from the glove enchant and increasing your overall burst. Switching out AGM for the haste trinket just wouldnt be worth it tbh, sure he has a healer, but you cant rely entirely on him and the AGM could be gamebreaking whilst 6haste rating wont be.

You still aren't hit capped vs an alliance FC.

Kore nametooshort said:
If you use glove chant+ counterweight over the current ones your dps will increase by about 4 but you lose just over 2% crit chance and you will lose about 8 off your top end. Also haste also gains benefit if you are on your target the whole time which you cant guarentee. I would recommend using fiery if you dont like 'sader since fiery will increase your dps by 4, whilst allowing you to retain the crit from the glove enchant and increasing your overall burst. Switching out AGM for the haste trinket just wouldnt be worth it tbh, sure he has a healer, but you cant rely entirely on him and the AGM could be gamebreaking whilst 6haste rating wont be.

You still aren't hit capped vs an alliance FC.

Haha Kore's here I knew the Hitcap Police would show up sooner or later hehe. I did read your math bro that is why I was asking if anyone had actually field tested the haste setup. I may try that after I get him done, he just hit 19 and needs 2 more arena chest.

Thanks for all the input guys, does anyone use this Razer Naga Mouse? If not I will write a review for TI once I get it tested out.

Users who are viewing this thread