new toon vs equipment manager

chaoticmind

Royal Member
Just curious how many of you out there would prefer to make a new toon of the same class just of a different spec vs having just 1 toon and using the equipment manager possibly with the use of jeeves to make the swaps easy with easy bank access. What are the pros and cons? Just generally curious why some people would make a new toon over using the equipment manager. If its because of a need for multiple quest items epic upgraded I can see that. But id like to know specifics maybe some examples of specific classes its a bad idea to use the equipment manager and better to make multiple toons. In my mind 1 toon with equipment manager use is better because you can use the same gear on multiple specs. Lmk below your thoughts thanks :)

Just curious how many of you out there would prefer to make a new toon of the same class just of a different spec vs having just 1 toon and using the equipment manager possibly with the use of jeeves to make the swaps easy with easy bank access. What are the pros and cons? Just generally curious why some people would make a new toon over using the equipment manager. If its because of a need for multiple quest items epic upgraded I can see that. But id like to know specifics maybe some examples of specific classes its a bad idea to use the equipment manager and better to make multiple toons. In my mind 1 toon with equipment manager use is better because you can use the same gear on multiple specs. Lmk below your thoughts thanks :)
This used to be more common years ago when it was painful changing specs. If I recall it used to cost 10g or 100g or something like that which was a lot back in the day.

Having Alts of the same class was more common then. I know I had Profession Alts of the same class - mainly Hunter, but different specs so I could experience all the class game mechanics.

But now it’s painless changing specs - there’s no cost, talents are remembered…. In days gone bye you had to re-choose all ur talents when changing Specs.

Because of the ease of switching now, I’d be surprised if anyone still made different toons for the same class.

This used to be more common years ago when it was painful changing specs. If I recall it used to cost 10g or 100g or something like that which was a lot back in the day.

Having Alts of the same class was more common then. I know I had Profession Alts of the same class - mainly Hunter, but different specs so I could experience all the class game mechanics.

But now it’s painless changing specs - there’s no cost, talents are remembered…. In days gone bye you had to re-choose all ur talents when changing Specs.

Because of the ease of switching now, I’d be surprised if anyone still made different toons for the same class.
So I guess the only real reason now to do it is if you needed different epic upgraded items like trinkets or weapons that are not farmable and 1 time shots from a quest drop for your different specs. But I honestly cant think of any that would require that on multiple specs. I mean 2 out of 3 of your specs on most classes to my knowledge use the same primary stat. I guess I was fishing for someone to tell me this item and this item on the separate class for these 2 specs use different primary stats and need this and that or something from quest drops. But maybe thats just me being borderline OCD even wanting to know stuff like this. But having old toons seems to be valid reason for multiple from what your saying b4 and not such a valid option in the current state of the game. Thanks for the reply.

I thought playing multiple specs per character would be an issue, but the reality is that there are no quests with multiple rewards that give a BiS item. So you can farm all the best gear for any spec on a single character.

I thought playing multiple specs per character would be an issue, but the reality is that there are no quests with multiple rewards that give a BiS item. So you can farm all the best gear for any spec on a single character.
Thats interesting I didn't think about multiple choice rewards in a single quest being a limitation. My mind was more in the I have to create and delete toons till this 1 item drops epic. Then if another spec wants a different item to drop epic also. And imagine if you wanted 2 epic drops or more for all 3 specs from quest rewards kind of seems impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread