New to twinking 99 Rogue

That's where I got that windfang sabre... and it's awful proc rate. :mad::mad::mad:

edit- hey, that list you linked looks like its all 100 req gear. The 99 spots are only in the links just below it.

And absolutely, I suggest doing that before (or during) you even start the dungeon grind. Only way to epic daggers.
(except questing... I hope)

Last edited:
That's where I got that windfang sabre... and it's awful proc rate. :mad::mad::mad:

edit- hey, that list you linked looks like its all 100 req gear. The 99 spots are only in the links just below it.

And absolutely, I suggest doing that before (or during) you even start the dungeon grind. Only way to epic daggers.
(except questing... I hope)
Ive done all the rares and no epic daggers grrr... I wonder what quests I should start to try to get one.

Wait a min.. There's a wod rogue dagger? What dungeon is that in?
No dungeons I've been able to do yet. Only from rares out in the world... get handy notes, and the WOD treasures handy notes addon and look for all that agility gear.

Yeah, no dungeon daggers. Just world rares and at least one you can just pick up off the ground in Nagrand.

If you didn't do it back in WoD like I did.... :oops:
[doublepost=1551791423,1551790940][/doublepost]
I wonder what quests I should start to try to get one.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=35374/that-pounding-sound

It's a green reward, but it is right at the beginning of Nagrand quests. Only takes 1-2 to unlock it, and doing those also unlocks a bigger questline (I think) with a rare dagger at the end. Not 100%, haven't done that part yet:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=35158/reglakks-research

Now those are quest rewards, so they absolutely are affected by the warmill garrison buff. Build that if you haven't.

Check out my gear and chants and give me some feedback guys.. I've have had pretty bad luck in my normal WOD runs. I'm currently planning to use that purple 136 daggers for the dmg, but have a couple rare 136 daggers also enchanted with my preferred stats. I'm quite happy around 40% mastery, and my crit is over 20%.. I enjoy the energy regen from haste overall feeling good. Its pretty easy for me to kill healers.

What's the best gem I can put in my belt... right now I have a +8 mastery one. I'm thinking agility or PVP power? How does that scale?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/dalaran/Kyaethus

Apparently PvP power was flat out disabled sometime in BfA, steer clear of that one.

5 agi 5 crit gems are for sale at the PvP accessories vendor in orgrimmar, for 1 mark of honor each. I think they go in any level socket, no restrictions. If you want to stay mastery, the legion +11 epic gems require ilvl 138 I believe - so you can upgrade the one you have after the gear bumps up in ilevel. It's only 3 mastery, up to you. +11 versatility would be good as well.

Im not sure if it was this thread, but my personal view is that 1 main stat is generally still worth about 2 of the secondary stats, so the 5/5 PvP gem would have a "value" to me of 15 (2x 5agi + 5 crit), comparing to the 11 mastery or vers.

I really, really, really don't think it matters enough to worry about. Especially if mastery scales better for you.

edit- and that epic dagger is a good dagger, nice catch. Versatility is a good thing.

Last edited:
It's a flat bonus to damage/heals stat, you can basically consider that 11 vers like 5 more agi on your dagger.

Plus bonus to your heals and a little damage reduction. It'll give you the same benefit regardless of spec, which isn't a bad thing. You can play around with your gear and mouse over your tooltips to see immediate change. Everything is important tho, so if you abandon everything else and just stack that you leave room for actually sacrificing damage due to poor main/secondary balance. You have to decide the benefits for yourself, what your goals are. Make sense?

edit- like I was saying with the gems, if 5 agility is about as much damage as 11 versatility then you can argue that 5/5 agi/crit gem offers "more" than the 11 vers… especially for rogue when you're going full burst and can vanish to escape. The value of the minor damage reduction versatility adds comes into question for that scenario. But it's really no biggie.

It might depend on how much each point of mastery increases your output, or if you just like more crit, or haste. Right?

ORRRR.... just what gear you get lucky epic procs on. ;)

Last edited:
PvP power was awesome, so strong. If it hadn't spread so much, it probably would still be good, same with PvP resilience. But I guess it was only a matter of time before it was disabled/removed/nerfed especially since it was stronger than all 110 weapons at the time. It was BiS in most brackets pretty sure, and even at 120 the weapons would be a strong contender with its % increase. Sockets usually would want either PvP power or resilience, man that was really fun but broken. My 99 resto druid could survive 3+ 110s in decent or high gear with the damage decrease and heal increase he got, not nearly as strong in PvP now but still pretty strong. If the enemy didn't have someone decked out in PvP, the whole team couldn't do much to me even in stuns in bgs, only purges/spellsteal were somewhat effective. Might be a bit better with the ilvl scale too. Maybe if they had SoO gear they could damage me a bit as well or maybe they did not too sure but that was really fun having 110s try to attack me but stand no chance at defeating me and I actually being able to damage them usually(don't remember me facing 120s)

Users who are viewing this thread