New to 39 & the forums :3

Dazzling

Veteran
So first of all, I just impulsively bought PoD for 500g, as I had only seen it for 1000g+ before. Did I over pay a lot? As I see a lot of people here saying that they got theirs for 25-200g, and that it isn't even that rare in classic?

Secondly, now that I have it, I realized that people are saying the usual PoD classes (warrior/shaman) aren't that good in 39 bracket. Is this true? Even if you have lots of free action potions? Which one would be better? Or should I just make a hunter? Someone said they had the highest reliable burst with PoD + raptor strike, or something like that?

And just in case these characters will be carried over to tbc / wotlk, if they're ever re-released, which class would you say gets stronger / stays the same? (And continues using PoD).

Thanks! ^.^

Ps. Awesome forum you've got here! Been stalking for a while but decided to sign up now :3

Last edited:
I would never PoD a hunter except for giggles, and in it's giggles youre after I'd got with shaman. Windfury + PoD is just the best combo for trolling kills. As for hunter and warrior, if you have 500g (nice buy) for one twink i'd just make all 3.

Hunter will always be strong without PoD, and warrior gets better once you can charge in combat (dunno when that happens, tho)… shaman can still use 2h in BC, I had a dranei with a https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6830/bonebiter and it was still a fun setup.

Unless you're looking to premade, any of the three will be ok IMO. Although you'll face more solid opposition this time around.

edit- oh, and welcome! ;)
[doublepost=1575551926,1575551322][/doublepost]also, by the by... shaman in vanilla use strength as their main attack stat, there seems to be some confusion going around as to that and/or agility. I believe in WotLK AGI became primary but just keep in mind shaman are like warriors as to strength.

I am a firm believer you can make PoD shaman work if you are a good player (as to not rely on WF strictly). Mana and HP pots...free action pots, level 1 shocks, totem spinning and purging, 1h/shield usage in certain situations etc. Don't make the toon glass and you will have a TON of fun and be competitive..don't let the bullshit sway you here. Does it blow not getting a WF to proc in 2 back to back engages? Yea it sucks..but you still hit a ton and give yourself a chance if you keep yourself up. Aim for like 2400+ HP and hover around 300 AP with like 14+ crit and you'll be fine.

General rule of thumb though, for consistent insane playing: Hunter, lock, fire mage are pretty standard. I personally have 3 Pendulums sitting on my alt, with one currently bound my enh shaman. Will be making a warrior soon....probably followed by a fire mage short after.

Thanks guys! I'm leaning towards shaman at this point, although whirlwinding four people at once with PoD seems quite fun as well. But I guess it might be a tad bit hard to get in range of so many people at once as a warrior, especially without a pocket healer. The skill cap on shaman intrigues me as well. ^.^

Thanks guys! I'm leaning towards shaman at this point, although whirlwinding four people at once with PoD seems quite fun as well. But I guess it might be a tad bit hard to get in range of so many people at once as a warrior, especially without a pocket healer. The skill cap on shaman intrigues me as well. ^.^

I was traveling in STV ganking today (while recording on OBS) and ecountered a semi-geared alliance rogue (He had x2 fiery, but a SHIT-ton of HP..def had const librams and ~2300 HP) who I ended up dueling with over and over for 30 minutes. Learned alot and more importantly, won most of the encounter (had agility/str/fort pots) + I'm grossly geared. I need to learn how to edit OBS recordings and then I will post the video here so you can see the potential.

How's paladin with PoD?

Imo least appealing. Dueled Pod Pali with my Pod war alot and generally won, but more than that palis are the best healers and imo the most boring dps so it just seems wrong.

If we're talking skill cap, warriors have the highest imo. The rage mechanic is extremely unforgiving and utilizing all your stances and powers and weapons properly is a true test of one's metal.

The beauty of a well played warrior though is pretty unmatched and your damage potential is the highest out of any PoD class. The more people you fight, the more damage you do thanks to the extra rage and your solid AOE.

Users who are viewing this thread