New to 29's, any gearing guides?

Kustomizer

Veteran
Hey guys. I'm sorry if this is a common or question with an obvious answer that im missing...

I'm making a 29 resto/enh shammy and I'm just wondering what the guidelines for a gearing a 29 twink are. Is it BG crates > Dungeon/Quest items > Heirlooms, the same for 19s? Should I bank my dungeon quests til 29 to get the instant/easy max ilvl gear upgrades?

If there is a thread/resource I've missed, I'd really appreciate a link to it then the thread being locked.

Thanks either way <3

*****<Information regards instanced pvp and bgs. This info does not extend to world pvp or dungeon.>

Idk if template is going to remain the same come BFA, but you atm you want to be wearing all mail pieces, since that is shamans’s native armor type as far as I know. You want to wear Blue BG pieces in all slots (chest, wrist, wep, shield, legs, boots). You want the rock x2 for both rings and problem solving pendant for neck. You want goblin mining helmet for helm, unless there is a dungeon or world drop with higher ilvl than 41 for level 29. You want parachute cloak for cloak, since it is the highest ilvl cloak available at 29. For shoulders, you’d want highest ilvl shoulder drop from dungeon or quest attainable (afaik ilvl 35). For hands and waist, same thing applies. Get highest ilvl hands and waist from dungeon or quest (afaik ilvl 35). For trinkets, you want Hook of the master angler (ilvl 65). If you have grandfathered insignia trinket (ilvl 60) in your bag or bank somewhere, that is also useful. Fishing trinket is highest ilvl trinket available. There is also a mace attainable with 3.6 wep speed, which is bis for any class that weighs damage off main hand speed (rogues, ww Monk, etc if there are any others). So, if your class benefits from slow main hand weapon and can wield maces, pick up this weapon > http://www.wowhead.com/item=156998/cudgel-of-naralex . I don’t think there’s anything else I left out, but yea. Goodluck gearing and hopefully ilvl doesn’t become meaningless after you’ve already geared. People have given mixed responses as to whether template will change or remain, so yea.

Last edited:
just fill up all your slots, if you are a priest, mage, warlock or anyother cloth caster get a wand, and feral use staff thats all.
legion sucks. ;)

*****<Information regards instanced pvp and bgs. This info does not extend to world pvp or dungeon.>

Idk if template is going to remain the same come BFA, but you atm you want to be wearing all mail pieces, since that is shamans’s native armor type as far as I know. You want to wear Blue BG pieces in all slots (chest, wrist, wep, shield, legs, boots). You want the rock x2 for both rings and problem solving pendant for neck. You want goblin mining helmet for helm, unless there is a dungeon or world drop with higher ilvl than 41 for level 29. You want parachute cloak for cloak, since it is the highest ilvl cloak available at 29. For shoulders, you’d want highest ilvl shoulder drop from dungeon or quest attainable (afaik ilvl 35). For hands and waist, same thing applies. Get highest ilvl hands and waist from dungeon or quest (afaik ilvl 25). For trinkets, you want Hook of the master angler (ilvl 65). If you have grandfathered insignia trinket (ilvl 60) in your bag or bank somewhere, that is also useful. Fishing trinket is highest ilvl trinket available. There is also a mace attainable with 3.6 wep speed, which is bis for any class that weighs damage off main hand speed (rogues, ww Monk, etc if there are any others). So, if your class benefits from slow main hand weapon and can wield maces, pick up this weapon > http://www.wowhead.com/item=156998/cudgel-of-naralex . I don’t think there’s anything else I left out, but yea. Goodluck gearing and hopefully ilvl doesn’t become meaningless after you’ve already geared. People have given mixed responses as to whether template will change or remain, so yea.

That was a great help thanks very much! Just a quick one, as enhancement should I use the 3.6 1h in MH or OH? or is it normalized? Because Lava Lash uses offhand and Stormstrike uses both, would it be better in offhand?

Users who are viewing this thread