New Rouge Standard?

Rayekk said:
Another question- has anyone crunched the numbers with the new expertise bonus from the Fang set vs. the hit rating off of the Deviate Scale Belt & and the Scouting Gloves of the of Monkey ?

4exp -> fangx3 -> legs, boots, gloves

11hit -> BoA shoulder, cloak, belt

=>6agi 5str from gloves and 3hit from belt

you can be hitcapped and have 4exp without talents. other setup:

4exp -> fangx3 -> legs, boots, belt

11hit -> BoA shoulder, cloak, gloves (12hit)

=> 4agi from gloves, no hit from belt

and without BoA you won't be hitcapped unless you wear the chest to gain exp.

imo 4exp > 3hit in most cases. hit can be capped with talents.

Bansil said:
4exp -> fangx3 -> legs, boots, gloves

11hit -> BoA shoulder, cloak, belt

=>6agi 5str from gloves and 3hit from belt

you can be hitcapped and have 4exp without talents. other setup:

4exp -> fangx3 -> legs, boots, belt

11hit -> BoA shoulder, cloak, gloves (12hit)

=> 4agi from gloves, no hit from belt

and without BoA you won't be hitcapped unless you wear the chest to gain exp.

imo 4exp > 3hit in most cases. hit can be capped with talents.

TY very much. Guess I don't need that belt after all. Now, off to get my "new" pants. And in that, yet another thought-

Scouting Trousers of the Monkey- +5 agility; +5 stam.

Vs.

Fang legs- +5 Str, +9 Agility and +4 stam.

for a STAM SET (not DPS) is the +4 agility better than the 10 HP you'd see from Monkey? Simple answer seems yes, but sometime statistics lie...

*Update- got the Leggings fo the Fang last night; the loss of 10 HP seems insignificant in compaired to the lost +4 Agil stats you get. TY for thehelp.

sry, i was wrong.

it is not 4exp > 3hit...it is 4exp > 4hit.

to cap hit without BoA shoulder you will need

gloves, cloak, belt. no gloves, no belt of fang -> chest of fang to gain exp.

cause you will only gain 4 exp with using the belt of fang it would be better to use the gloves of fang. 2agi 5str 4exp instead of 4hit (+the stats from another chest).

thanks to blizz giving gathering buffs, many of my twinks have tons of herbs stockpiled for potions and elixirs. i have 20+ swiftness potions on my twinks at all times now along with mega reserves in the bank.

point you may ask? i will be adding "elixir of minor accuracy" which adds +10 hit, to my stockpile list. imo, i would rather do that then wear nimble gloves or a cloak imo that is inferior to a sentry cloak or glowing lizard cloak.

btw...blizz rolled hit mechanics all the way down when WOTLK pre-patch rolled. so did anyone really get UBER facerolled by any 19 class that were hit capped that had surefooted +10 hit, lavishly jeweled ring +2 hit, simple pearl ring +4 hit, BoA bow +1hit? etc. etc?

Users who are viewing this thread