New Prot Pally 19 twink for FC

Amoxacillin

Legend
Ok guys, ...pls no flames.

I need to know one thing. Keep in mind I've never formally PvP'd before this.

Should Prot Pally FC's stack stam or is mitigation also a factor?

I've seen the list for 'BiS' 19 twink gear but when I see a warrior and pally with 2490 hp I feel like I might be missin something! With the gear I see listed, potted, chanted and buffed I'm not sure I can get that number so help me guys.

And yes, if you armory me I'm not all that put together just yet but I'm trying to understand so as not to suck. Gear is important but after almost 6 years or tanking PvE, there must be something for mechanics that can help.

Respectfully,

Amoxacillin, Lvl 19 Prot Pally FC on :US: Vek'nilash :Horde:

[item]burnished breastplate of might[/item] +100 health or [item]toughened leather armor[/item] also +100 health

[item]sparkmetal bracers[/item] +9 stam enchant

[item]redbeard crest[/item] vitality enchant

agmx2

[item]silver-linked footguards[/item] minorspeed or +7 stam enchant

[item]foreman's leggings[/item] +24 armor

can't think of anything else atm

Both stam stack and migitation are factors.

Well Holy is the better pugging Spec for FC but Prot is better for groups/PMS IMO which I believe is his main goal I

Nyquil-cheap said:
Well Holy is the better pugging Spec for FC but Prot is better for groups/PMS IMO which I believe is his main goal I

Nah holy is stil better, it can heal more on the move which is good if your kiting or can heal the D better in a killing D setup.

Would recommend several sets of gear for different occasions. And I agree Holy is a better FC spec right now - but Prot is still viable.

P.S. I am allergic to you.

R Prime said:
Would recommend several sets of gear for different occasions. And I agree Holy is a better FC spec right now - but Prot is still viable.

P.S. I am allergic to you.

I agree, get an avoidance set when you mainly face melee classes in the opposing team, get some +resist gear for a spell-casting-/hunter opposing team, a full stamina build, a "of the Eagle"-build, maybe some kind of "armor-build"?

I wud <3 if anyone could throw together a BiS avoidance set for pallies!

TY

I do see that Holy FC is quite viable....does that mean that prot is sub-optimal?

I mean if your gonna pass the flag would you prefer a holy or prot pally?

I have to say that I'm just that much of a tank type fool....it's all I've ever done but I want to be great at my new interest in PvP 19 twink, not just average.

Still; Is stam stacking the best way to go. e.g. Leather lucky fishing hat with its big stam or the Plate BoA with its way better armor? Cloth gloves with 1 point of stam more or plate gloves with 80 more armor? I guess what I'm trying to get is where is the break over when looking at two pieces of gear with slight bonus to stam as opposed to larger differences in armor or agility (which, if I get correctly helps me crit AND parry more...this kinda thing.

BTW TYVM for the feedback thus far. I appreciate it a lot!

Amoxacillin :Horde::US: Vek'nilash

Depends what your D setup is for premades, you may want to go Protection. For pugs I would almost always go with Holy.

I think your access to avoidance statted items is pretty limited at this level - would stack armor for mitigation - it's a noticeable improvement. I believe around 2k armor is 50% melee reduction (including your aura) and is probably the magic # you are looking for without sacrificing too many other stats.

I personally prefer to FC as holy.. I have 2053 hp unbuffed and like 2.1k armor with Devo aura.. :)

My pallies name is Ã￾ëå....

R Prime said:
I think your access to avoidance statted items is pretty limited at this level - would stack armor for mitigation - it's a noticeable improvement. I believe around 2k armor is 50% melee reduction (including your aura) and is probably the magic # you are looking for without sacrificing too many other stats.

Yeah that's probably true.

Awesome said:
http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/19-twink-guides/21061-4-1-paladin-guide.html

Good luck man!

Edit: Just read that you saw the guides already, sorry :p

Try modeling your FC set after Cowstomper from the guild, I'll see if I can get him to log on and help you tomorrow. Here is his armory -> Cowstomper @ Vek'nilash - Game - World of Warcraft

not to be offensive but that pally you just linked has horrible gear. first of all you FC in holy for the instant heals, go all mail for the armor, and even if he wanted to stam stack prot he isnt close to BiS. i can link my pally whn i get home, he's in heal gear, 1000 caps.

Dangerdoom said:
not to be offensive but that pally you just linked has horrible gear. first of all you FC in holy for the instant heals, go all mail for the armor, and even if he wanted to stam stack prot he isnt close to BiS. i can link my pally whn i get home, he's in heal gear, 1000 caps.

That is indeed not horrible gear, a few upgrades is needed for sure, but far from horrible.

Mehcritkillu said:
I agree, get an avoidance set when you mainly face melee classes in the opposing team, get some +resist gear for a spell-casting-/hunter opposing team, a full stamina build, a "of the Eagle"-build, maybe some kind of "armor-build"?

I wud <3 if anyone could throw together a BiS avoidance set for pallies!

This is fairly close to BIS avoidance --->> Gracob @ Elune - Game - World of Warcraft

Avoidance and mitigation mean two different things to me. A Max mitigation set would probably include a hefty set of magic resistance gear coupled with resilience and max armor. I could probably put together a max mitigation set if you want. However this needs to be balanced with some int especially if you are planning to heal at all FC

Of course MAX anything is never good, For max mitigation you would want to take toughness from the prot tree for a small boost to armor

Why is that every Prot Pally I see, chose Improved HoJ over Toughness? Isn't a little extra armor > 10 second less CD on Hammer of Justice?

KeviKev said:
Why is that every Prot Pally I see, chose Improved HoJ over Toughness? Isn't a little extra armor > 10 second less CD on Hammer of Justice?

No HoJ is much more useful. what is going to mitigate more burst damage a small amount of armor or locking someone down for 6 seconds more often.

Users who are viewing this thread