New cloth BoA chest = moot?

McBankington

Who's this guy?
It's on the front page and I'm not going to search to see if this was already posted first because I suck.

But the tattered dreadmist robes seem to pale in comparison to [ITEM]Inferno Robe[/ITEM] since it can be chanted with [ITEM]Formula: Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats[/ITEM]

Pointing out the obvious, anyone have any arguments weather you would disagree? If it was already posted I apologize.

Allies can't get the Inferno Robe.

And who knows, the Inferno Robe might some day get a level requirement, like the fishing boots.

But yeah, with the ability to turn off all XP, it's pretty much useless for hordies. I know some were locked out of the Inferno Robe due to poor planning, but that will now be a thing of the past.

It is a pretty nice cloak for a Balanced set. My Inferno Robe has +6mp5 on it for premades, and I switch between that, Treebark Jacket and Corsair's Overshirt depending on the situation. The new chest just doesn't have 'top ____', so it's almost never going to be the best choice.

Even if I were an Ally, I'd run a white >35 item with +6mp5 over this in premades.

BTW, wasn't there talk of them upgrading the amount of +mp5 on items? Does anyone know if that's still changing?

Quara said:
It is a pretty nice cloak for a Balanced set. My Inferno Robe has +6mp5 on it for premades, and I switch between that, Treebark Jacket and Corsair's Overshirt depending on the situation. The new chest just doesn't have 'top ____', so it's almost never going to be the best choice.

Even if I were an Ally, I'd run a white >35 item with +6mp5 over this in premades.

BTW, wasn't there talk of them upgrading the amount of +mp5 on items? Does anyone know if that's still changing?

yeah can't find the original gm post but mp5 is getting approx a 25% buff :D

Quara said:

I totally agree with this.

yes i had made a topic about chest being on equal ground but not better then the old gears.

for your answer it all depends...

no its not pale in comparison considering it gives probably more stats then spell power even with the enchants. so like i had said in the other thread... it all depends what stat you are trying to maximise.

heres again...

Tattered Dreadmist Robe --- Inferno robe

Chest / Cloth -------------- Chest / Cloth

Armor 41 ------------------ Armor 53

+5 stam (+4) -------------- +0 stam (+6)

+5 int (+4) ---------------- +0 int (+6)

+6 spi (+4) ---------------- +0 spi (+6)

+7 sp --------------------- +19 sp

heres the run down if we go from inferno robe to the BOA chest.

-12 Armor

+3 stam

+3 int

+6 spi

-12 sp

here you go, is it bad... not really for your spell power is converted into more mana and life and into more mana regeneration thus rivalling what you'd lose. in all honesty, like that was said in my other thread... this is the glass canon theory. if you want maximum spell power you'd have to go with Inferno Robe. but if you want more stability and be balanced... the BOA chest is the better option.

BOA = more survival

Robe = More Damage

when it comes to cloth wearer at aleast.

for my part, i'll have both in my inventory !

I'm not sure why you guys want to put +6 stats on Inferno Robe so badly. If you're wearing Inferno Robe in the first place, your intentions are clear: Spell Power is King. And the way to maximize your efficiency as a 'Spell Powerer' would then be to get a nice, juicy +6mp5 on it. You're sending yourself mixed signals if you put +stats on an item obviously not intended for stat-maximization.

Treebark Jacket is still used because it will give you +14 Intellect, along with a nice boost to Stamina. If that's what you're looking for, then that's your best chest. If you know how to swap gear, you won't want to waste your perfectly good Inferno Robe trying to conform to that same set of gear - specialize it further with the +mp5. I hope this makes sense.

That being said, the new chest is best for arenas if you don't know what exactly you're up against - it has all bases covered and is a perfect example of Balance.

Although you guys act like I was asking for help or something, I wasn't, but yeah you guys bring up good points. Quara using stats on the inferno robe would get you more stam if your trying to be a glass cannon with some stability like 6 to each stat.

So here goes. Assuming glass cannon mage. Pure SP. Want survivability get 150 hp. Want to actually do damage? Get 6mp5 cuz you are going OOM fast otherwise. 6 stats? Useless

Druid/Priest: Glass cannon? Not likely. 6 stats? Get TBJ, make up your SP elsewhere if you want a balance set. Quara's reasoning is perfect. If you want pure SP for big heals you are going to be low on mana. Thus mp5 is better then 6 int. Think about it this way. You have a pure AP rogue. Are you putting 9 stam on 10 ap bracers? No you are not. Why? You are trying to max a certain stat in order to use it in certain scenarios. Of course this means that you wont be using Inferno Robe in most arenas.. but then why would you?

Stability on a glass cannon makes no sense. The whole point is to be a GLASS cannon. Not a cannon that does normal damage and happens to have some stats. Your biggest loss in an inferno robe using situation is your lack of mana. To combat them O5SR drinking and mp5 stacking is probably your best bet. You can get it on your shield if you are a shaman. .. otherwise the other places you get mp5 are all filled up with SP slots.

So Quara is pretty much right =)

6 stats = 90 mana, a small amount of crit(.35%?), 6 stam, and spirit.

6mp5 recovers this in 75 seconds.. not very practical, you call it minmaxing, i call it being incredibly impractical.

Lutraphobia said:
6 stats = 90 mana, a small amount of crit(.35%?), 6 stam, and spirit.

6mp5 recovers this in 75 seconds.. not very practical, you call it minmaxing, i call it being incredibly impractical.

Crit?!? Glass Cannons don't care about crit! That just leads to more damage.

Glass Cannons are all about sustaining a fight, out lasting the opponent. That's why they need an enchant like 6mp5. It's not impressive at all in a short fight, but over time it adds up.

err...wait

Users who are viewing this thread