Nerph - Level 80 Hunter Twink PvP Montage!

Hey Oliks. Nice video :D
Although, I don't know if anyone mentioned it as I didn't bother to read through the entire thread, but I really wish you had class color nameplates on (interface -> names -> class colors in nameplates)
[MENTION=9944]Splosion[/MENTION] gotta be honest, I only read that last post of your conversation with Oliks, but the purpose of bg montages has never been to show skill.
Why would he call it a "crit video"? It is exactly what he called it: a pvp montage.

Multiple enemies who stand no chance against you is somewhat different, no? The part where you got attacked by a couple rogues and ended up fleeing, you'd either used some healpot, or they just didn't do any threatening damage to you.

The editing was fine (although zooming to a flag cap cast, wat?), but it's the concept of an extremely overgeared 80 playing vs leveling chars (whom in the 80-84 bracket tend to not have a DS ilevel weapon), isn't proving anything, no?

Solution: Call it a crit video. That's kinda what you're showcasing anyway, since anyone can use hunter defensive cooldowns and tools to kill other enemies (especially with MM damage in the 80 bracket).

Also; editing other people's posts to 'correct' them isn't cool. That is what we call overstepping one's authority.

First off, i didn't edit that guys comment. I accidentally clicked edit instead of reply with quote (since my UI on all posts looks like yours on your own) but i didn't change anything in it.

anyway
I'm calling it a twink video, since that is what is. It's a video about a twink. A compilation of pvp scenarios. I've never claimed it to be anything more than that.
The zooming to flag cast was me trying something out :p
I didn't use a pot vs those rogues, it was simply RoS and the fact that i have a large healthpool that did it, nothing else.

Also to the whole BG vs Arena clips. I would say, believe it or not, that at 80 there's more skill to bgs, not that there's more there anyway.
But when i enter a bg my health gets buffed, but everything else gets nerfed, this includes my crit chance, crit damage and just overall damage aswell. So when you do arena and everyone has around 40-60k hp, depending on class/spec (plate users stacking mop gear has more) and you crits are around 40-70k, there really isn't more to it.
My arena scenarios is me going for the oneshot. If i don't get it i'll most likely die. If i get it I insta deter and wait for another chimera shot. I don't think that's very entertaining.
Which is all this video is: something ment to entertain, I don't understand why people try to make it out to be anything more than that.

Splosion gotta be honest, I only read that last post of your conversation with Oliks, but the purpose of bg montages has never been to show skill.
Why would he call it a "crit video"? It is exactly what he called it: a pvp montage.

Because he isn't really PvPing. You'd do the same thing to PvE mobs when they run at you as a hunter, just saying.

Also, Nezik didn't type what all of what was there after​ you clicked edit.

First off, i didn't edit that guys comment. I accidentally clicked edit instead of reply with quote (since my UI on all posts looks like yours on your own) but i didn't change anything in it.

Really Oliks???? You are kidding right?

so you did not change the edit on my previous post to:

"Edit: But thats not really true"

added at the bottom of my post?

Oliks huntard is a twink.
Oliks huntard made a video.
=
twinkvideo

btw: ye your stats (crit/mastery/haste and so on) get nerfed in bgs, BUUUUUUUUT you gain more attackpower/spellpower = more dmg (except for attacks/spells which are based on + mastery)

the cool part is I think your 80 hunter does more damage than my 85 shadowpriest(burst) which isn't too shabby geared( full MOp ilvl 441)

ive had some 90k crits here and there but with zerker, potion, trinket....I think ur 80 hunter>my 85 spriest XD

imagine 85 rogue/85 hunter :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really Oliks???? You are kidding right?

so you did not change the edit on my previous post to:

"Edit: But thats not really true"

added at the bottom of my post?

that would be consistent with his story. he meant to reply with that, but instead it was edited in

Users who are viewing this thread