Need help with a rogue macro!

with the new patch use your outfitter to configure any gear you want while stealthed.

Yeah I think outfitter is the way to go here just make a new outfit that activates when you stealth but make sure you only change weapons because the gear wont change until you are out of combat.

/equipslot 16 [Dagger that you have in offhand]

/cast Ambush

/equipslot 16 [Sword]

If you have a sword main and a dagger off, that would switch them, cast ambush, and then switch em back. If you dual weilded swords, then you would have to do somehting different, but as you are in the 19 forum, no one does that :p

I dislike the build in gear-manager they have out, outfitter is still much easier to update gear and get precise settings and what not. Blizzard needs to do some work to top one of the greatest addons of all time :].

As long as Im in a macro thread with some knowledgeable people....What slot #s are trinkets?

So would a macro like: "/use slot 22" work?

Brutessa said:
/equipslot 16 [Dagger that you have in offhand]

/cast Ambush

/equipslot 16 [Sword]

If you have a sword main and a dagger off, that would switch them, cast ambush, and then switch em back. If you dual weilded swords, then you would have to do somehting different, but as you are in the 19 forum, no one does that :p

This doesn't work anymore. A GCD is now activated after you equip a new weapon, so you can't ambush or switch back until that time is up. However, spamming that 3 times in the matter of 3 seconds should work. If not, just use /castsequence.

If you don't want to use the equipment manager, you can use some /equip or /equipslot stuff in macros.

I want a "spam SS" button, and I never want to SS with my dagger. I want to equip my dagger when entering stealth and equip my sword when leaving stealth, all automatically. Here's how I do it:

On my main form action bar, I've got a button with this macro:

/equip [equipped:dagger] Cruel Barb

/cast Sinister Strike

and if I ever have my dagger equipped, it makes sure to swap me back to my sword.

I also have this macro, to enter stealth with:

/cast Stealth

/equip Sentinel's Blade

Then on my stealth action bar, I have a macro like this:

/cast Stealth

/equip Cruel Barb

which I use to cancel stealth if I don't want to be stealthed anymore.

What iaccidentallytwink said about equipping weapons causing a GCD is kinda correct; there are some actions you can take while also equipping weapons, and others you can not. I seem to recall the "stealth and switch weapons" macros don't work if you switch the order of the /cast and /equip commands.

I can vouch that these types of macros work, since I use them. :) I actually use slightly more complicated ones because I switch both my mainhand and offhand when stealthing, but the idea is exactly the same. (I use buzzer blade OH in stealth to increase my crit rating for Ambush)

Macro trinket slots are #s 13 and 14, for top and bottom. When building your healing macro, don't forget that the [ITEM]Minor Recombobulator[/ITEM] does not cause GCD. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread