US Need help improving Ret pally, if its possible...

Fiermi

Grandfathered
Hey all,

So I came back to WoW after Legion launched and created a new twink in my favourite bracket of old; 29s. I use to play 19s 5 years or so ago and not long after bumped up to 29s and then stopped playing WoW. So I'm back and I've been reading up and grinding as much gear for my ret pally as I can considering I missed out on all that juicy warforged pre legion armor. If you guys could let me know how I could improve my gear besides ilvl 37 BG legs which I have yet to open in a crate. Also I know enchants don't work in BGs, I added them for WPvP (Gurubashi Arena - grinded getting 24 trinkets) and smashing out quests etc.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Fiermi/advanced

Also does anyone know of a good ilvl calculator?

Cheers guys,

Fiermi

You can try searching the forums. I would imagine there is a guide telling how 29s can beat level 20s and levelers in instanced pvp now that enchants are disabled.

Premade 5-mans>FotM>skill>gear

The ultimate would be geared 5 man FotM that could play well. Just think of the cryin' and diein'!

Fotm > Skill

@ OP: just roll a Surv hunter or Disc and pretend you're "skilled".
Skilled players consistently find ways to outplay fotm rerollers, I say rerollers because most are and very rarely there is a great fotm spec player that has mastered the spec. I play 20 disc frequently and have been since mop, and yes its strong but survival hunters do much more sustained damage and burst overall. There really only is one fotm at any given time, only the real ones realize this. Wod's fotm was 29 brewmaster monk due to Guard and top tier damage putting them on a whole different playing field compared to ALL the other specs/classes. Legion's fotm is undeniably 29 survival hunter, until 7.1 when 20s become fotm as they too will have harpoon and traps combined with top tier dmg/burst and I heard they might be getting buffed in damage (would be opposite of whats needed obviously)

Last edited:
I think a rets already pretty op in a bg. I was that lvl 20 warlock usually camping the arena

Clarification please; whats fotm?
FOTM= flavor of the month. Like level 24 hunters during Mists of Pandaria or brewmaster monks/feral druids during Warlords of Draenor.

Ignore the people talking about faceroll specs. You're only level 29; every spec is faceroll.

FOTM= flavor of the month. Like level 24 hunters during Mists of Pandaria or brewmaster monks/feral druids during Warlords of Draenor.

Ignore the people talking about faceroll specs. You're only level 29; every spec is faceroll.
Gasp even fire mage???

On second thought, timing a frostbolt to icelance into a freeze for the crit isn't as easy, but learning how to use the small amount of abilities 29s have is childsplay. It's just fun; nothing more.

Ok so basically I can't improve him much more.. maybe just hunting for plate mogs whilst I wait for Amelletta and guild to get back to twinking ;) Keep coming up against Bleeding Hollow twinks in random BGs. Ouch my butthole

Skilled players consistently find ways to outplay fotm rerollers, I say rerollers because most are and very rarely there is a great fotm spec player that has mastered the spec. I play 20 disc frequently and have been since mop, and yes its strong but survival hunters do much more sustained damage and burst overall. There really only is one fotm at any given time, only the real ones realize this. Wod's fotm was 29 brewmaster monk due to Guard and top tier damage putting them on a whole different playing field compared to ALL the other specs/classes. Legion's fotm is undeniably 29 survival hunter, until 7.1 when 20s become fotm as they too will have harpoon and traps combined with top tier dmg/burst and I heard they might be getting buffed in damage (would be opposite of whats needed obviously)

IDC if someone has played a spec since vanilla alpha, my point is why even play current OP specs then try to claim some "skill" or that you've "mastered" it? The reason is people do it so they can easily dominate. Disc is not as much dmg as Surv but is livelord with good dmg so it's OP. Didn't run feral in WoD and kept my Brewmonk at 20 just to try it, but even at 20 it was near-OP. I played it very little.

You'd have to be pretty bad on a newly rerolled FotM to get smashed consistently, that and not doing even the basic map strats or common sense play.

Ok so basically I can't improve him much more.. maybe just hunting for plate mogs whilst I wait for Amelletta and guild to get back to twinking ;) Keep coming up against Bleeding Hollow twinks in random BGs. Ouch my butthole
Yeah, just make sure you wearing all plate and the highest ilvl available for every slot. The only way to improve after that is to just play and sharpen your skills that way.

I guess a nice tip for ret burst is to use execution sentence and right before it hits have three holy power ready to for a temple's verdict and make sure they hit simultaneously. Not too much to master really.

Clarification please; whats fotm?

Flavor of the Month.
Taken from an ice cream chain's marketing scheme.
It describes a particular class and spec that is very overpowered that patch. And many people reroll it simply because it is so OP. These people otherwise would not have rolled this particular class/spec.
It is due to the imbalance at lower levels.
In general FotM are looked down upon.

Here is an example of "FotM".
Player 1:Why is he playing that X? I thought he played Y. He never plays X.

Player 2: That is because X is FotM right now.

Player 1: He is a FotM reroller!

In my eyes Rogues have always been the Flavor of the majority especially back in Vanilla days. I'm glad to see way more variation in classes these days as opposed to back 6-8 years ago. Nowadays they can pull rediculous ilvl even without gf stuff

Users who are viewing this thread