Naked Hunter project

chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

This is the hunter Im working on. Im going to check the "Disable Helm/Cloak" options in the interface. With luck, itll look like a naked dorf with gloves and boots. My goal is to just pretty much show that huntards are able to play with "no gear" at 29. If i embarrass any of the hunters I may happen to beat, thats just a bonus :p Should I change any enchants? I put +15 agi on the gloves because Im naturally missing it in other areas, but would +hit be better?

No offence meant to anyone that plays a 29 hunter. Its not easy to be a GREAT hunter, but its pretty easy to rack up kills as a bad hunter. And yes, Im gonna be getting a chest/leg/shoulder item, but I probably will never equip them.

Should be interesting. You'll wipe the floor with scrubs still, not like that was ever hard. 1v1 in an open field you could do well against melee... providing you don't stuff up ever :p

Elairan said:
Hunters take no still. They really don't. It is very easy to be a great hunter.

Wrong, hunters are very op at 29, and it is easy to top damage/kills, but it takes alot of skill to be a 'great' hunter.

Elairan said:
Hunters take no still. They really don't. It is very easy to be a great hunter.

They don't take much skill to be effective at this level (29 compared to lvl 80 where it's the opposite). I've been playing hunter as my main since day 1 of release, and it sure helps. It's not so much mashing the buttons in the right order; I'd say it's more the awareness of the class and what is going in on, something I can feel I lack when I play my other chars.

~facepalm @ thread~

If you're seriously considering this,

Charged gear of the monkey, Barbaric bracers with 9 stam.

And actually add the stats you plan to have on your Pathfinder hat.

Also, AB boots.

Locked said:
I like perfecting bad hunters who think they're good on my 29 rogue :)

Bro you're so good you perfect hunters (Beating them while taking no damage) even when they have a pet that can easily do over a hundred damage before you can possibly kill them?

/bow

Vallei said:
Bro you're so good you perfect hunters (Beating them while taking no damage) even when they have a pet that can easily do over a hundred damage before you can possibly kill them?

/bow

Ive taken down terribad hunters on my rogue before without taking any dam. Its usually the type that has their pet on offensive and is half way across the map. Its pretty easy in 2s as a ambush rogue also, but thats not the same is it.

i could literally take ALL the gear off my hunter and play *actually* naked in a 29 battleground and still go like 50-0 with 500 hp. there's just no reason you should ever die as a 29 hunter with that much open space....

Lloydganks said:
i could literally take ALL the gear off my hunter and play *actually* naked in a 29 battleground and still go like 50-0 with 500 hp. there's just no reason you should ever die as a 29 hunter with that much open space....

No other hunters/warlocks/mages/druids/priest/ambush rogues/rogues in general in your battlegroup?

Would go with a Night elf instead just because dwarfs wouldn't be as noticeable that your naked due to height.

Vallei said:
No other hunters/warlocks/mages/druids/priest/ambush rogues/rogues in general in your battlegroup?

nobody will ever even get close to a hunter at 29 in a battleground if they actually know what they're doing. hawk eye outranges every single class in the bracket. the only thing you ever have to worry about are other hunters.....:rolleyes:

it's not like this is a new development either....29 hunters have been overpowered for like 4-5 years. i remember vegavak making his new 29 twink hunter back pre-bc and he just left him at like level 24 because there was never any need to level up past that point. he'd still always be 2nd on the kills/damage charts behind me on......guess what......my 29 hunter!!!1 hooray!!!!

if you can't kite every other class effortlessly in WIDE OPEN SPACE in a bracket where you have a 41 yard attack range, a pet who snares or nets, a 41 yard ranged snare, an ability that magically teleports you backwards, a spammable melee snare, an ENORMOUS AOE SNARE, and a 30% speed boost: you suck. you just suck. i'm sorry. and yes, this means that 99% of you 29 hunters out there just plain suck. :(

theres no intercept. theres no shadowstep. there's no death coil. theres no water ele pet. theres no blind. theres no....nothing. you are god mode as a 29 hunter. there's not even mounts for people to catch up to you.... at least after this 3.2 patch, you'll have to have a pulse to play a 29 hunter. kind of....:p

[quote name='Lloydganks']an ability that magically teleports you backwards/QUOTE]

A hunters greatest weapon, made useless by even the smallest goddamn incline behind you. So much h8 blizz

Lloydganks said:
if you can't kite every other class effortlessly in WIDE OPEN SPACE in a bracket where you have a 41 yard attack range [...]

In my bg, in a normal wsg, the horde will have: 3-5 hunters, 2 retri pallas, 2 priests, 2 rogues. The thing is, it doesn't matter if you're top dog, when you're getting engaged in combat from all directions. Sure, my range helps, but half their team have exactly the same tools. You only need one terribad hunter to lock down a decent one while the rest of their team is closing in for the kill.

What you say is true for 1v1, but those 41yd aren't THAT good when you take into consideration the ultraslow travelling time of the projectiles, being surrounded and lag. It's not uncommon to have warriors get the charge in even though you shoot him first etc. And somehow locks/priests tend to be able to apply their dots just fine even at maxrange. You simply can't kite around endlessly without getting caught in the zerg.

Users who are viewing this thread