My Thoughts on Consumable "Crutch"

I really only look down upon players using consumables when they're participating in large premades and abusing them on fotm classes, along with bringing multiple disc priests to pocket heal them.

Nothing wrong with a rogue without sprint using speed pots, or a solo queuing less played class/spec using elixirs and well fed in order to pull their weight.

Last edited by a moderator:
consumables are alright i guess i dont qq about them but i never use them either its the f2p in me

I use EVERYTHING at my disposal. That is the essence of twinking.
For instance, during this Brewfest I will getting the Stamina buff and will be taking advantage of the cheap stamina food.

Here are my thoughts on it.

When someone bitches about consumables take a look at their sig, 99% of the QQers main a druid or a bowel movement monk, and bitch incessantly about people playing warlocks and warriors popping speed pots.

I am to lazy to gear up my druid. I make up for it by stocking massive piles of consumables.

Here are my thoughts on it.

When someone bitches about consumables take a look at their sig, 99% of the QQers main a druid or a bowel movement monk, and bitch incessantly about people playing warlocks and warriors popping speed pots.

I am to lazy to gear up my druid. I make up for it by stocking massive piles of consumables.

I have to agree with Franchi on this. Some classes are legitimately in need of a bit of extra help which often can come from the use of consumables. I support players that play more that just FOTM classes, and if a mage has to speed pot in an attempt to catch the EFC in mid then by all means I say do it. On top of that, because classes like druids have been adored by Blizzard in WoD (Side-note; Some of us actually mained druids PRE WoD, and shouldn't really be scrutinized for playing a character that has had lots of time/effort gone into it), other classes need an upper hand. It's retarded that a feral druid can kill even the most skilled of players before they've even gotten a cast off. As a result, i'd support the use of free-actions, flash bombs, speed-pots, everything. Hell, if i'm on my druid (I am yet to queue as feral in WoD), and I get flash bombed, that's fine. I accept that. As should everyone else. As for the OP and Vets use of consumables to make-up for what your class SHOULD have at 29, I firstly have to say to anyone who says "Oh just play 29 then" to politely GTFO. You disadvantage yourselves in one way (gear/abilities/glyph) to take advantage of something else (free play). Fair trade, and that's your right to do so.

The FOTM classes that complain are likely uneducated on the availability of consumables, or can't fund them. Therefor when their God-Mode life-span comes to an end at the hands of a destro lock they cry about "unfair advantages" because they don't believe they should be killed.

Consumables are there to be, well... consumed. We twink, we aim to make the best of what we have available. Perhaps in premades & competitive matches, they don't have a place, but otherwise, go nuts.

Whether or not people like or dislike you using consumables to win, you're still using consumables to win. Yes it's a crutch and whether or not you give a shit is up to you because that's the nature of the game, twinking is pretty much getting yourself the biggest crutch possible so you can pwn noobs. Technically consumables include enchants as well as speed pots and well fed buffs if you want to get down to it, and if you have a problem with consumables then get a full set of unenchanted gear and play like a f2p. Or better yet go play 100 where the amount of consumables is minimal compared to 29.

Regardless of whether or not speed pots are a crutch (which they are) we need to make sure we don't let these ungeared f2p Jaja noobs -who don't even know what consumables are- get free carries from our teams!
#VoteToKickGallywix

I swear to god, theres more people complaining about consumables these day then people QQing about the gem exploit from cata. Like an actual exploit that was so broken that it was giving 30% exrta dmg from 2 pvp power gems. I forget what the resilience % was but it was insane.

I don't mind people that use consumables, just like how I don't mind 29s. I personally don't use them because they aren't allowed in most serious pre made/ 10v10s. Also because I don't need them to dunk on you noobs anyway. Obviously anyone is free to use them, but especially when you make videos and such, don't except people to complement you on your gameplay if you just popped drums, speed pots, evas and one-shotted a jaja. I'd probably still like it cause it would be entertaining, it just wouldn't speak to your skill.

Users who are viewing this thread