Mw help

biss max heals for ally would be as follows
eyepatch
jc neck
jp shoulders
sorcerer cloak
jp chest
crystaline cuffs
magefist gloves (serpent gloves is bis substitution until you get them)
nobles belt
silk threaded trousers or leech pants depending on how much spirit ur needing
corpse rompers
argas ring from ashenvale
glowing band from bfd (assuming its still in game if it isn't get lavish ring from dm)
pvp trink
jp int trink (or tyranny/agm )
jp mace
mystics tome from inscription.

over all as mist weaver int>spirit>haste>crit as far as benefit to your healing . if you find yourself dieing 99% before you go OOM then gear a little more stam and less spirit . vice versa

eyepatch
jc neck
jp shoulders
sorcerer cloak
jp chest
hovel digger bands
serpent gloves
vision belt
blackfanthom leggings
corpse rompers
seal of argas
dpr
pvp trink
jp haste trink (or tyranny/agm )
jp mace
jp off hand.

arena - crit/spirit = stam
bg - int/spirit = stam

to people who don't already know, surging mist doesn't scale with int or sp

avoid haste...idk why people are recommending it to you

arena - crit/spirit = stam
bg - int/spirit = stam

to people who don't already know, surging mist doesn't scale with int or sp

avoid haste...idk why people are recommending it to you

cause it is great

If I had to make a wild guess why ppl are saying to get haste(IE: Haste cloak, Haste Belt, and haste offhand) is because of how the new haste works.

According to wowhead's tooltip, MW's HoT is x10 stronger than Any of the other healer's HoTs. The more haste you stack, the more your partial tick will heal for. And since Mistweaver's HoT heals for so much in such a short duration, even if you only had 11 haste, I could couldn't even begin to imagine how much healing that partial tick will heal for.

EDIT: after looking into it a little bit, 11 haste is about 3.81% haste. At 8.29% Haste, your Enveloping mist gives you an extra tick. Which means if you have a hunter in your group with 5% haste pet, you will get an entire extra HoT tick from Enveloping mist on top of a partial tick added to it.

Last time I checked, Enveloping mist was healing for 300+ per tick. I'll let that speak for itself.

EDIT2: And soothing mist benefits from haste too, you'll get ~10.5 healing ticks from soothing mist, instead of 9.0 ticks, w/ hunter pet.

Last edited by a moderator:
haste in BGs I guess? I stand by my point that it's garbage in arena. It's too easy to just swap when enveloping mist is up, and this also causes the monk to switch targets on soothing mist, rendering that extra tick useless. If you're channeling for more than 2-3 seconds you're doing it wrong imo

I guess maybe I'm bias since haste is garbage @ max level for MWs...I can't help but feel it's for the same reasons.

If I had to make a wild guess why ppl are saying to get haste(IE: Haste cloak, Haste Belt, and haste offhand) is because of how the new haste works.

According to wowhead's tooltip, MW's HoT is x10 stronger than Any of the other healer's HoTs. The more haste you stack, the more your partial tick will heal for. And since Mistweaver's HoT heals for so much in such a short duration, even if you only had 11 haste, I could couldn't even begin to imagine how much healing that partial tick will heal for.

EDIT: after looking into it a little bit, 11 haste is about 3.81% haste. At 8.29% Haste, your Enveloping mist gives you an extra tick. Which means if you have a hunter in your group with 5% haste pet, you will get an entire extra HoT tick from Enveloping mist on top of a partial tick added to it.

Last time I checked, Enveloping mist was healing for 300+ per tick. I'll let that speak for itself.

EDIT2: And soothing mist benefits from haste too, you'll get ~10.5 healing ticks from soothing mist, instead of 9.0 ticks, w/ hunter pet.

hovel diggers and dread pirate are also great haste options now in wod.

Partial ticks make Haste a good stat for BG healing for MW. They have so many HoT PTs to add in that it's worthwhile to build haste - definitely over Crit.

Both Stamina and Spirit are relative stats - meaning that in certain scenarios they are both virtually worthless.

If you're not being focused, Stamina is useless (MWs excel at escaping, so perhaps Stamina isn't quite as important).

If you're not healing a sustained team fight, Spirit is virtually useless (although I do understand that MW's output a tremendous amount of healing at the cost of a tremendous amount of mana on a single target).

I would say get to ~2200 health outside of BG's - which in turn should leave you room to pick up about 60 spirit and 11% haste.

As stated above, Intellect isn't the best stat for MW's - a lot of your single target burst healing is through Surging Mist, which has zero scaling with Intellect (I presume it only scales with level?). That being said, Soothing/Enveloping both have SP ratios, so it isn't a worthless stat.

haste in BGs I guess? I stand by my point that it's garbage in arena. It's too easy to just swap when enveloping mist is up, and this also causes the monk to switch targets on soothing mist, rendering that extra tick useless. If you're channeling for more than 2-3 seconds you're doing it wrong imo

I guess maybe I'm bias since haste is garbage @ max level for MWs...I can't help but feel it's for the same reasons.

I agree with Brov's assessment. In Arenas, basically every healer is going to want to be a giant health bar. One of the best things about MWs is that they soft counter Feral druids due to superior kiting. Using a Battle Healer set (Stam > int = spirit) in arenas would probably lead to the best results.

We're talking 2800+ as the end goal in terms of health, without 2x AGMs.

alright heres the update. and math for healing numbers as mw.

soothing mist formula (for HPS ) is (note 5% = .05 ect.)

spellpower*SPC*(1+.5*crit)*(1+.6*multistrike)*(1+haste)*(versatility+1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
( 8 sec)

Looking at this guy we can see that the biggest increase to heals will come from pure int (run some numbers if u want to see for yourself)

next we can see that haste and versatility have an equal effect along with stats (just for consideration of hunter pets) --------- but because versatility isn't on our gear this means for gear available to us haste is the most beneficial secondary stat for this spell (still not as good as intellect though)

next we have enveloping mist

spellpower*SPC*(1+.5*crit)*(1+.6*multistrike)*(1+haste)*(versatility+1)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
( 1.5 sec)

basically the same formula even though it is a hot . note there is no second component to haste in the denominator due to us not having the focus and harmony passive from lvl 46 .

finally we have surging mist.

AP* APC *(1+.5*crit)*(1+.6*multistrike)*(versatility+1)
( 1.5 sec)

this guy is currently fucked up by blizzard as it is based of of attack power as of like early november.
why is this bad ? well the passive that converts our in to ap is at lvl 46 ........... makes sense right? .......... also this is why stance of the spirited crane sucks so bad.

so when your looking at this spell it will always heal the same number -+ 1
because haste doesn't reduce the gcd, it doesn't effect this at all in any way shape or form.

so the question is will haste not effecting surging mist make crit better over all?
from some comment on wow head.com it seems the APC is about 2.9 for surging mist which makes sense.
from http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/dataz-base-stats-those-who-care-wod-60011/#post809309
we see that the base AGI for a monk (nelf) is 80 so it will heal for around 232 ish or 229 isn for any other race.

Assuming we have the rotation.
soothing (on an enveloped target )
surging
surging
surging
enveloping

from my spreadsheet at 200 sp and 5% haste we get
375.9 HPS *6.5 sec
230 x3 from surging
1683.2 from enveloping
totaling 4816.55

or at 200 sp and 5% crit we get
366.9 HPS * 6.5 sec
235.75 x3 from surging
1623 from enveloping
totaling about 4713

so yeah haste over crit is now clear even with it not effecting surging

but now whats bis ? nobles belt or belt of vision . haste trinket or int trinket . well I'm tired so ill run them tomorrow . maybe ill even make a big mathy guide to mw gearing or something .

Users who are viewing this thread