MVP Voting System Explained

Yde

Worg
If you want to nominate a fellow Twinkinfo user for the Most Valued Poster Usergroup, please read this. :)

If you have been thinking about voting someone for a while:

Do not just select a random post to vote when you reach your decision!

Pick a post that is exemplary for the nominee's quality of posts to vote!

This is important because nominations show up for the site staff in a certain way:

"User 1" is nominated for MVP

Here is the list of nominations for this user:

Nomination #1: For Link to post by user 2 at time of nomination
Nomination #2: For Link to post by user 3 at time of nomination

The available staff then look at the posts first, and try to browse the commenting history. Unfortunately it's quite difficult to get a good enough overview in a short time if you haven't actively read the nominated user's posts in the past. It's sadly quite likely that some worthy nominees with votes on very banal posts might get rejected, and we'd like to avoid that if possible. :)

So what am I supposed to do when I already voted for a person without knowing that the post I used matters?

We'll take another look at the rejected nominations, keeping in mind that people might have used a random post to vote. It'll take quite a bit of time though, as there are a lot of nominations to look through and a lot of them are friends upvoting each other. :/

Feel free to PM me with a link to an example if you think someone should be considered again and we'll pay attention. But: no guarantee that the person you voted has been voted by someone else and even got a nomination, so don't take it out on me if there might be no pleasing results. >_<

Users who are viewing this thread