Music

So yeah if you dont already know I'm a pretty big music person.

What do you like to listen to while in the BG's?

For me the bands to listen to are (in no paticular order)

Floggin Molly

Iron Maiden

Queen

Reel Big Fish

Rise Against

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Foo Fighters

Sum 41

AC/DC

Muse

The Offspring

The Gorillaz

Ozzy

Kansas

John Williams (Lets face it playing the indiana Theme song while going to return a flag is epic)

Flobots

Grateful Dead

It really depends on what im doing, what game im playing, what class/spec etc.

In pvp generally its stuff like Disturbed, Korn, Perfect Circle, PaPa Roach, Saliva, Puddle of Mud, Slaves on Dope, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Seether, Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Rob Zombie, God Smach, Tool, P.O.D., Mudvayne, Stained, Sum 41, Static X, Drowning Pool, System of a Down, etc ;).

What can I say..I like variety.

not really a big fan of radio music these days. stopped listening to it about 5 years ago. 2000's have by FAR been the most disappointing decade for music for me. i'm usually in a mix of classic rock (hendrix, led zep, the who, etc.), 80's hair bands (poison, styx, etc), late 80's / early 90's metal (pantera, maiden, really early metallica is ok too), lots of punk and reggae help when i'm running the flag. that about covers it!

cant wait to hear what the rest of you are listening to! i always wonder what people are listening to when i'm playing =)

Mostly the rogue stealthing sound since I find myself using Detect Hidden alot lately (Rogues in my bracket have been trying to down me for ages)

Anyways, whenever I somehow slip into an empty slot for those Premade vs Premade epic battles... my playlist looks like this.

Winter Storm

Rex Tremendae

Megalith - Agnus Dei

Valley of Kings

Avalon

Zero Mission

When I find myself in a game against another Aggressive twink who has incredible skill (But without a premade on either side... pocket healers permitted, especially when it's a good rogue or another SV Hunter since these often involve alot of melee/range dancing, jumping, etc... and just feel really fast paced even compared to Premade vs Premade games):

Cannonball (Hard Revenge)

X vs Zero (X5) Remix

Beamsabre Beat v2.0 - Darkesword

Megaman 2 Wily 1 20th Anniversary Rock Remix

Storm Eagle Remix

Used to listen almost exclusivly to Drum & Bass while playing..and mostly mixes at that so giving you an exact list seems rather difficult. breakbeat.co.uk is one of my fav podcast sources for that though.

When it comes to general all around music though its pretty eclectic.

Everything from Hip Hop (not mainstream R&B Rap with fake vocals and fat booty bitches) such as:

Living Legends

Dialated Peoples

The Roots

Black Star

Blackalicious

Dead Prez

Immortal Technique

Heiroglyphics (Del, Souls of Mischeif etc)

and so on...

Then there is a touch of rock/alternative/metal such as:

Sublime

Soul Coughing

The Sword

Lamb of God

Pennywise (the older the better..last few records have been kinda bad)

NOFX

Bad Religion (same as with Pennywise)

Tsunami Bomb (gotta have some sort of pop punk without going into total emo garbage)

Offspring (but basically only Smash and a few other individual songs..anything after ixnay on the hombre is total trash)

Weezer

Modest Mouse (older stuff...I actually sorta grew up on em before the general public had ever heard of em...newer stuff is meh..)

Built to Spill

And too many other bands and artists to count.

Oh and best of the best...by a long long way

Aphex Twin...Richard D. James album for best music ever created by man.

I'm always looking for more music. If any one has any suggestions for artists for me, feel free to list them please. :) This is my "My Music" folder which contains a good portion of my music but not all of it. :D

300 OST

Above & Beyond

--Misc. Albums--

All That Remains

Amon Amarth

Angels And Airwaves

Anti-Flag

Armin Van Buuren

As I Lay Dying

Atreyu

Behemoth

Benediction

Blink 182

Bloodbath

Breaking Benjamin

Bullet For My Valentine

CANNIBAL CORPSE

Children of Bodom

Cryptopsy

Dark Funeral

Deicide

Dethklok

D-Fuse

Dimmu Borgir

Disarmonia Mundi

Disturbed

DJ Scot Project

DJ Tiesto

DJ Warp Brothers

Emperor

Equilibrium

Evanescence

Ever Since

Flyleaf

George Acosta

Graveland

Hollywood Undead

In Flames

Kamelot

Kataklysm

Killswitch Engage

Lamb of God

Linkin Park

Machinae Supremacy

Maroon 5

Melechesh

Meshuggah

Misery Index

Mudvayne

Necrophagist

Nemesea

Neuraxis

Nightcore

Nightwish

Oasis

Obituary

Opeth

Origin

PanzerChrist

Pendulum

Red

Rotting Christ

Saliva

Scooter

Serj Tankian

Skillet

Slipknot

Spawn Of Possession

Stormlord

Suffocation

Suicide Silence

Switchfoot

Sylver

The Faceless

Three Days Grace

Trivium

Trust Company

Unsun

Vader

VNV Nation

Wintersun

Pretty much most metal/grindcore listed in above post(s) I also listen to slot of continental drum and bass (European that's not english) when I pvp just depends what I feel like listening too.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are definitely a favorite of mine. Epic jam sessions when they play live.

this is what my playlist looks like i listen 2 a bit of everything. but most hard rock/metal

12 stones

All Shall Perish

All That Remains

Another Black Day

As I Lay Dying

Atreyu

Bad Company

Bleeding Through

Blood Simple

Breaking Benjamin

Chevelle

Children of Bodom

Chimaira

Corrosion Of Conformity

Creed

Danzig

Dead Season

Death Stars

Devil Driver

Disturbed

Dry Kill Logic

Emmure

God Smack

Hell Yeah

In Flames

In This Moment

Killswitch engage

Korn

Metallica

Mudvayne

Poisinblack

Powerman 5000

Psychostick

Red

Rev Theory

Saliva

Skillet

Soil

Soilwork

Spine Shank

Static-X

Stone Sour

Stone Temple Pilots

Suicide Silence

System of a Down

Viel of Maya

Vision of Disorder

Music and you!

Hello guys, I thought i'd start the music thread by introducing myself.

My name is Cookies or K*N*G. I'm a Hardstyle music dj/producer from Melbourne, Australia.

Been producing for around 5 years now and been playing at clubs for around 2 years. I first got my big break when signed my own label "Hardgen" and released my first track on the label, "Ignorant Fuckface". Shortly going to drop my label and try sign to Future Music Group, Who host Trance Generators, IG Bounce & Darqtai, Radium, Audio Damage and a few other top end DJ's.

I would like to know what type of music you guys are into and which are your favorite artists of that genre.

Personally i like Hardstyle and Fidget House.

My favorite Hardstyle DJ's are Swankie DJ & Kashi

My favorite Fidget DJ is either Mr PheR or Calvertron.

Discuss :D

I don't really like country or rap. I like bands like Rise Against, Disturbed, Three Days Grace, SOAD, Story of the Year, Simple Plan, etc. Also like oldies like Beatles, Frank Sinatra, the Monkees, etc.

I mostly listen to metal but my taste goes all over the board. I enjoy instrumental classical, regular rock (funny you have to use a prefix for rock these days lol), death metal, whatever the hell Marylin Manson is, classic rock, and even a few rap artists.

Generally if it's well-made with a good beat I like it. That being said, I don't like most rap, pop, and country.

JK lol (although most pop and rap is true suck). All my friends pick on me for not being a "genuine" metalhead because I don't browse indy bands much. I never claimed to be a "genuine" fan of any genre though... when I have music on, it's background for whatever I'm focusing on (usually BGs with my twinks). Music is not my focus but I still enjoy it very much.

Some favs: Slipknot and Stonesour, Evanescence, Disturbed, Eminem, Clint Mansell, Linkin Park, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, Journey, Static-X, and a bunch more shit I shouldn't spend so much time listing lol.

i'll listen to just about anything

i keep the radio on the rock station though. i like rock the most. guitar hero 3 has some kickass songs on it :)

Raindrops keep fallin' on my head

And just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed

Nothin' seems to fit

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

So I just did me some talkin' to the sun

And I said I didn't like the way he got things done

Sleepin' on the job

Those raindrops are fallin' on my head, they keep fallin'

But there's one thing I know

The blues they send to meet me won't defeat me

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red

Cryin's not for me

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'

Because I'm free

Nothin's worryin' me

[trumpet]

It won't be long till happiness steps up to greet me

But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red

Cryin's not for me

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'

Because I'm free

Nothin's worryin' me

I just learned about Music at college, its very interesting. Here is the video we watched about Music.

~Zuty

Zuty said:
I just learned about Music at college, its very interesting. Here is the video we watched about Music.

~Zuty

Really? I can't believed they'd show that at your college. It's quite outdate and really doesn't even teach much at all. =/

Ikeelyoo said:
Really? I can't believed they'd show that at your college. It's quite outdate and really doesn't even teach much at all. =/

It did show how Music is made. It is fascinating to know that composing machines are powered by the DNA of W.S. Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.

~Zuty

I live for music, Ever since i was as young as 3-4, I grew up with electronica or trance, then slowly progressed to being the head promoter of Melbournes biggest underage nightclubs, Then by the age of around 16, I was promoting for PHD, Melbournes biggest Hardstyle/Hard Trance club, And that eventually evolved to where i am now. I'm greatful for music because it is my number 1 passion.

Users who are viewing this thread