EU Movement speed twinks!

Discussion in 'Level 110-119' started by AndreasPK, Nov 26, 2018.

Share This Page

1. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

it gives me 3% speed + 14% of my haste becomes speed with that helm

2. Milwarrior

Milwarrior New Member

Rip haste stacking on old gear with 8.1 Lost 700 haste with the patch :(

3. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

Rip, think we need to farm antorus for gear now D:

4. Imatwink

Imatwink Member

I still believe 111 is the place to be for a speed twink, gems are still very stong

5. Warglave

Warglave Member

He was talking about 111, the gems were BFA gems in old gear. Gems are still fine, it's better (newer) gear that's needed.

6. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

yes i think dh is the only class that gains movement speed with mastery :)

7. Imatwink

Imatwink Member

what is your movement speed with your current set??
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 18, 2018 ---
    what is your speed with your current set?

8. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

40 haste gems got nerfed, so i have built a new gear set. im at 178% speed now... stupid blizzard... when they find out the community is doing something fun it gets nerfed

9. Ritzypatrick

Ritzypatrick New Member

Howdy friends

I was 192% outdoors unbuffed with my DI warrior before the 8.1 devastation. I'm now at 177% (outdoor) with some pretty weak pieces I'm actively working on. This and goldmaking is about 90% of the fun I have in wow ATM. Since this is my first post I won't bug the mods by linking, but my speed toon is Sleepcreep on US Kel'thuzad.

A question I have for you guys; Is there a reason you're all stacking haste instead of crit? While haste scales slightly better (.0524% vs .0495%), the baseline 5% crit we have outweighs the scaling advantage of haste until something like 1700 haste. I have a spreadsheet that models movement speed pretty much exact, and if were to switch my crit to haste I'd go from 177.04% ms to 175.38%.

Looking forward to chatting with you all about this.

10. Imatwink

Imatwink Member

As a warrior I stack haste simple because we have many things to buff our haste, for instance when using whirlwind we can proc beserk which increases haste by 25%, also the legendary speed ring buffs haste in 2 ways. 2% baseline and 25% on proc. This is my current set. I am on a dead realm so speed gear is hard to buy off AH.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/shandris/Imafastball

11. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

yeah i have been using the whirlwind thingy aswell. btw whats ur speed at?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 1, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 1, 2019 ---
    Hey i dont know why im stacking haste. i heard it was the best at that time i started. if crit is faster atm i should start to save up all the crit gear i find, but now that i got so much hate gear so it will take time to swap :p but if you can id like to see ur armory later :)

12. Ritzypatrick

Ritzypatrick New Member

Unbuffed, crit is better until unreachable amounts of haste. But what Imatwink said is true. I'm not sure if those buffs are enough to offset the baseline 5% crit advantage. Like the WW -> enrage is only a 10% chance for a 3 second buff, I'm not sure what that averages to as a consistent increase. I'll figure it out later. I don't really like spamming WW at any rate, I have gear swap macros for the 3x leap shoulders, so I've usually got that going on. Honestly the two are so close I wouldn't worry about swapping.

Some more info; the key to optimizing speed is having the right balance of secondary stat & +speed. +Speed DRs pretty quickly. I have 150 data points of +speed mapped to +ms%. +speed is DRd at 50% around 70 speed. Speed is always more valuable than secondary stat on a point for point basis, until unreachable levels of speed. However you'll often find yourself trading x secondary stat for y speed. As you guys have found, it's not always worth it as total +speed increases. I can share my data if you'd like.

13. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

yeah, but then also you need luck to get speed and haste/crit on the same item. but for the first part, if you play with warmode on with the right talents the buff you get from ww spam is 4 sec. and you can get double leap, the talent for double leap is also bugged with the shoulders you get from legion, i tested them and i got up to 9 leaps. and if you really want a boost in speed and you have engineering you can use https://www.wowhead.com/item=35581/rocket-boots-xtreme-lite to get to high speed. i use that with slow fall potion to get from point A to point B faster than a mount. i do have a video showing me flying at 462% movement speed: just ignore my other videos they are just random :p

14. OP
    AndreasPK

AndreasPK Member

one thing i forgot to say, stacking haste is better than crit if you think about it. it lets you spam WW even faster xD

15. Incipit

Incipit New Member

16. Ferender

Ferender Member

Garrosh Weapons with 2 sockets, How do we feel about them boys?

17. vitalremains

vitalremains Member

18. Dolfie

Dolfie Member

For pure speed build, i use Rocketboots Xtreme on my hunter + minor speed enchant.. and i have the runeblade of baron rivendare.. Which is 10%+10%+ rocketboots xtreme + nitro boosts.. is pretty speedy..

19. vitalremains

vitalremains Member

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 10)