Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrior

• Shaman

• Hunter

• Total voters
well, I didnt specify in wrsgs or arenas for the sheer fact as overall, what class lacks the most in both? I understand rogues can be very good in arenas

who thinks mages are underpowered. They are the most OP CC class in the game

Hurpdurp said:
Best CC != Best Overall

Just saying I don't think pallies or rogues are the best at anything and can easily be replaced. That was my criteria for underpowered

Voted for priest.

Hunters (and other kiting classes) aren't that great in arena, and hunters have at least two 1v1 kryptonite classes anyway (warrior and shaman). But yeah, I wish people had taken the poll more seriously.

Whoever voted shaman is a griefer. A team of ten shamans in wsg would destroy a team of ten hunters, as would a 5v5 of shamans v hunters in arena.

I'd like to say before I give my serious opinion that the results of this poll show once again that there should be a selective group on these forums that have the right to vote. It's pointless to have polls when the results show no correlation with reality. I am pro free speech but rather a serious poll than a trash poll.

My post is built up in sections to give a good overview of how I feel about 19's balance. 2 main sections being arena and WSG with subsections healing, CC, burst, survivability and FCing in WSG.

Healing

Arena

We can definitely say paladins are most underpowered here. They have no instant heals or HoTs of any kind. Druids and shamans are on par because they both have amazing CC to avoid being interrupted. Priests are better than paladins here because of their renew ability and their psychic scream, but they have more serious mana issues and don't have a travel form or spirit wolf like druids and shamans.

WSG

Pretty much the same applies here, though druids beat shamans because of their ability to shapeshift out of polymorphs and priests (however still behind shamans) are slightly better here because they have instant HoTs for mass healing and they can shield their FC when he's under pressure.

Crowd Control

Arena

Mages are king here. With the ability to slow opponents up to 9 seconds with a mortal strike effect on top of that and frost nova as a mass CC ability when under pressure they have perfect control over melee classes and combined with polymorph they can annoy healer classes to no end. When they /spit you know you're doing it right! Most underpowered in this area are paladins. With a 3 second stun (5 when talented) every 1 minute we can definitely say paladins have the hardest time catching up with opponents. They have no sprint or travel form or any kind of slow ability to keep targets in melee range and they don't have stealth or charge like the other 2 melee classes, making it nearly impossible to get a good opener too. Rogues have the most amazing CC ability at close range, with gouge having a 10 second CD they can make sure slow healing classes never pull off a heal when combined with kick.

WSG

Again, nothing beats a mage. They can make or break a pug aswell as a premade. Besides that it's basically paladins that are the losers here, again. Their hand of freedom is one of the best counters in the 19 bracket though and this is where rogues and even more warriors lack ability to catch up when they are kept in combat. All other classes are pretty well-balanced, with shamans and hunters being very annoying in 1v1 situations but not rediculously overpowered at this point.

Burst

Arena

This is the only thing paladins really stand out on. A paladin that knows how to play can take you from no worries to death in just seconds. Combined with their hammer of justice an isolated prey can easily become powerless against a bursting paladin. Druids are rediculously underpowered at this point, with wrath + starfire being their best burst potential with a mere 300 damage max in SP gear this class can't surprise you. With the exception of fire mages bursting 500-600 on occasion the other classes have more sustained damage with some small burst potential. Of course there's the rare ambush/backstab rogue but they generally lose any viability after 2 seconds of breaking stealth and they rely on poorly geared clothies and crit chances to win.

WSG

Same applies, though in pugs with significantly less healers and overall more poorly geared players ambush/backstab rogues gain some viability.

Survivability

Arena

Survivability is one of the few things that is quite balanced in 19 arenas. Cloth-wearers have enough abilities to make up for their lack of armor and classes with heavy armor will lose a lot of health to chasing their opponents to make up for the larger health pools most paladins and warriors have.

WSG

With terrain being a huge thing in WSG melee classes will find themselves underpowered on survivability. Jumps are in a caster's advantage almost always.

Flag Carrying

WSG

Sadly, shamans and druids are overpowered to a point where all other classes are said to not be viable. This is not entirely true as good CC skills can turn any class into a viable FC, but I do have to agree that travel/wolf forms make shamans and druids the best option for both a pug and a premade. Druids being slightly better in pugs with their ability to HoT themselves and shamans being better in premades because of their mana efficiency and because they take less hinder from slows.

Overall I can say paladins are the most underpowered class while shamans are the most overpowered class, but that this opinion is based on overall info. The balance depends on situation.

Mages are good at CC we get it.. that doesnt make them OP. Get a mage 1v1 and 99% of the time they are dead, unless you are a bad rogue/warrior. I can kite a rogue or warrior all the time in WSG but in 6 seconds when that hunter appears either I run or I die. No other class has that problem. Mages are also the only class that has never and will never get a 2v1 done. You just cant do it.

Mages are not OP in that they can CC, and yes they can make or break a WSG if they are good but thats only defensively. Its one role at which they excel at. Thats like saying a rogue can excel with double debuff which every good premade would get to, so they are OP. Druids are the best FC, so they are OP. blah blah. Mages suck 1v1 unless its a warrior and a rogue. As a class they really suck unless you are good at ONE role. ONE.

Evocate said:
Mages are good at CC we get it.. that doesnt make them OP. Get a mage 1v1 and 99% of the time they are dead, unless you are a bad rogue/warrior. I can kite a rogue or warrior all the time in WSG but in 6 seconds when that hunter appears either I run or I die. No other class has that problem. Mages are also the only class that has never and will never get a 2v1 done. You just cant do it.

Mages are not OP in that they can CC, and yes they can make or break a WSG if they are good but thats only defensively. Its one role at which they excel at. Thats like saying a rogue can excel with double debuff which every good premade would get to, so they are OP. Druids are the best FC, so they are OP. blah blah. Mages suck 1v1 unless its a warrior and a rogue. As a class they really suck unless you are good at ONE role. ONE.

I think pretty much every class stands out at only 1 or 2 things. WoW would get pretty boring if every class is equally good at everything.

Evocate said:

This thread isnt about whether mages are OP, its about whether or not they can be deemed UnderPowered. Since they have one good role that they excel at i dont think they can be classed as the most UP class.

Underpowered = in totality.. not at one thing. Nothing can do damage like a ret pally, prot pallies are a decent FC.. By that logic only 4 classes can not be UP, mages who can CC, druids who are the penultimate FC, and hunters who are the best damage and priests who can dispel. Thats it.. Its a matter of everything, and when it comes to 1v1, mages are the worst. Every other class can beat (1v1) most of the other classes except mages. I don't frankly think you can say that any class is totally underpowered.. each has its place and in the hands of a good player is a very good class.. but if you must choose one class, its either pallies who dont completely excel at any of their 3 roles, or mages who can only excel in one.

This isnt really a contest. Pallies and rogues are far and away the worst for what theyre supposed to do in the 19 bracket. Theyre a dps class in a kiting bracket without an ability to slow. Theyre obviously totally reliant on others to be effective at all.

Wow alot of great veiws here Im loving the fact that I started this poll, very indepth thought, and also the trolls that make every event a smash! btw thats what we call sarcasm, I would have loved for people to answer truefully....maybe I should have it so that it showed what you voted for.

I completely agree with mages. Although, warriors do fall and a rogue without stealth off CD is breakfast.

Paladins with full BoAs can do some really nasty damage... Oneeyedwilly (forgive the spelling) is critting 400's all to often, so I disagree there.

Rogues? I will agree, that 1v1 they can suck...but I think their damage makes up for it.

WSG, any class really underpowered here?

2v2 arena, Druid and Healdins are really underpowered. Who wouldn't pick a shaman or priest over a druid in a 2v2 tourny? Yes i am serious.

this thread is full of derp.

Users who are viewing this thread