EU+US Most powerful specs atm?

Sora

Grandfathered
So in your opinion, what are the best specs right now? I see a lot of hunter and their damage is insane... Any other specs?

Top tier currently would imo be:

1) Hunter - BM/Surv mainly (MM-Idk)
2) Balance Druid
3) Disc Priest &or Resto Shaman
4) Arms Warrior

In that order.

Edit: arcane mage might still be up there as well, but I typically don't see them or have issues with them often on any of my toons. (all melee/noncasters)

Last edited:
If u wanna roll something really powerful with big potential, I would roll enha shaman or fury warr or feral druid...

Enha Shaman actually isn't too bad if used correctly. The other two are sadly meat sticks basically at 20 :rolleyes:

Top tier currently would imo be:

1) Hunter - BM/Surv mainly (MM-Idk)
2) Balance Druid
3) Disc Priest &or Resto Shaman
4) Arms Warrior

In that order.

Edit: arcane mage might still be up there as well, but I typically don't see them or have issues with them often on any of my toons. (all melee/noncasters)
With regards to Hunter, I'd probably rate Surv 1st, then Marks and then BM. Marks is slightly better DPS than BM but Surv is way above them both. I'd probably put Marks & BM 4th on the list above Arms and put Arms in 5th.
I see quite a few Frost Mages high on the DPS charts also. There are some nasty Frost Mages in our bracket.
But in general this list is pretty much the state of the bracket.

Survival hunter is really powerful. Enough so that you can pretty much predict the outcome of the match by which team has the most. I'd encourage you not to play it.

Stay near a decent healer and warriors get real stupid, real fast. Arms burst is pretty absurd.

And I'll second (or third?) the Enhance Shaman recommendation. Total sleeper class in our bracket.

Not the highest DPS output but outlaw rogue is pretty strong (strongest?) in the ol' "be a CC nuisance" class.

Survival hunter is really powerful. Enough so that you can pretty much predict the outcome of the match by which team has the most. I'd encourage you not to play it.

Stay near a decent healer and warriors get real stupid, real fast. Arms burst is pretty absurd.

And I'll second (or third?) the Enhance Shaman recommendation. Total sleeper class in our bracket.

Not the highest DPS output but outlaw rogue is pretty strong (strongest?) in the ol' "be a CC nuisance" class.

I've gotta agree with this. Survival hunters are so overpowered I currently don't play mine because of it, there's no challenge/fun in it. As a disc priest with arms warrior friends I can 2nd that the combination is really deadly, with the combination the arms warrior will definably have the most killing blows and quite the impact in BG's/Wargames. Enhance shaman has quite a lot of tools, slowing totems, CC and mobility. As a healer combat rogues are one of the most annoying spec, if played correctly their CC can kill me. Best healer atm is disc priest if you ask me, not just because of the fact that I play it. Disc priest has shields and can use Penance while moving if specced that way, with all the hunters being able to heal while moving saves me quite a lot of times (they can move while attacking unlike caster classes etc.) As a last plus Priest have Psychic Scream, an AoE CC.

1. surv hunter
2. arms warrior
3. balance druid
4. arcane mage
5. destro warlock
6. resto shaman
7. disc priest
8. combat rogue
9. holy paladin

These are the best specs right now for each class from my experience, I'm gonna say the list is in no particular order because they each have one thing or another they excel at; for instance, you may not pull as much damage with a combat rogue as you do a survival hunter, but as the combat rogue you help your team with frequent stuns instead which can help your teammates take down a resto shaman, disc priest or delay a flag carrier.

every class is very valuable now and can be countered in 1v2.
As for most fun: depends on what is fun for you. Strongest would be disc boomy hunter warrior.

every class is very valuable now and can be countered in 1v2.
I think it's hard to overstate this. The bracket really does seem well balanced, in that every class has at least one viable spec and some have two or three. Sure, hunters are bit of a pain but it seems like the "fad" has died down as people have found that other classes are just as capable (and far less squishy...)

It really is a good time to enjoy pvp on your favorite class, whatever that is.

Anyone know how affliction is know that they got malefic grasp back?

Anyone know how affliction is know that they got malefic grasp back?
It's...ok. Not as good as the aforementioned classes, but not bad. I've been rocking my Holy Paladin and it's been awesome! Also, my MW Monk has been doing really good as well.

The real issue with Disc Priest is that shaman no longer have purge at this level. The only counter to the shield is the wait it out or blast through it.

I don't get making a char for current meta, seems too throwaway for me.

I agree. My 110 is the character that I started with in Vanilla. My wife's is the one she has been playing from the beginning. As well as my daughter's.
I am don't tend to be a FotM roller. But some people enjoy that sort of thing.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread