Most Active Bracket?

Zedqt

Grandfathered
I've been wanting to twink in classic for a long time, but due to a lot of irl issues I had to stop playing the game only 2 months after launch. I only got to the mid 50s on my character, and I'm finally back and subbed to WoW, but I feel absolutely apathetic towards Classic because I missed out on literally every single thing I wanted to do (Raid MC with my friends, experience devilsaur ungoro pvp, try ranking when it first came out, AQ opening, etc).

I really do want to twink though, as retail twinking is still dead outside of f2p which is just the most braindead shit. So what are the most active brackets, and would I be able to do it without a 60 that has thousands of gold? I kind of want to go to a new server, and even if I stayed on my current server I only have a couple hundred gold altogether. Am I just fucked?

Every bracket is available from what I understand, but there are more twinks the lower it is - as usual.

All you need is gold to make a twink, having a main character on the same account as your twink isn't that useful. It mainly is if you have x2 accounts. One with max level and the other one with twinks in it.

If you want to live your dream then check out the realms and find one where you want to stay. Then level there and buy gold for real money. It doesn't cost that much imo and it all depends how committed you are.

Then it's always useful to have e-friends, but they're easy to get in Classic. You just got to roleplay a bit :oops:

I think it all comes down to what you are looking for.

From what I understand, the 10-19 and 30-39 brackets seem very popular, but if you are looking for gameplay with a more complete talent set, 49 is the most similar to 60 game play. Having mounts really changes the dynamic of fights and allows for faster movement between objectives, whether defending or attacking. The gear isn’t too challenging to collect, and there aren’t as many face-rolling classes as there are in the lower brackets, with some exceptions (shaman ...).

I tried the 49 bracket and liked it, so I stayed. Whatever you decide, just check the realm first to make sure you know there is an active player base at that level and that que times are not ridiculous.

Whatever you decide, just check the realm first to make sure you know there is an active player base at that level and that que times are not ridiculous.
New to twinking. I'm planning to make a Druid, preferably Alliance side but Horde also fine, and for either 29 or 39 bracket. Do you know any servers that would be a good choice for this?

New to twinking. I'm planning to make a Druid, preferably Alliance side but Horde also fine, and for either 29 or 39 bracket. Do you know any servers that would be a good choice for this?

NA or EU?

also, my recommendation is to pick a realm with the most active auctionhouse with twink items for a decent price. Wouldn't care too much about picking a realm with a current guild activity

my recommendation is to pick a realm with the most active auctionhouse with twink items for a decent price.

good point.

Can’t always go by realm size either, as most folks stop bothering listing BoEs and simply disenchant. Haven’t seen +heal plate bracers once on AH and I’ve been looking for months on Sulfuras ...

And it doesn’t need to be the level 29/39 MEcca realm either, just make sure there are 2 to 3 active twink guilds in the bracket on server. A lot of them advertise here or in Blizzard’s main forums. Solo queuing can be fun, but less so on pre-made heavy nights. It’s good to have a group. =)

Plenty of good advice in here. Ive played 19, 29, 39, and 49. I would say 39 and 49 are my favourites as there are more abilities and talents accessible. Also as mentioned, the classes are bit more balanced than the lower brackets. I find speed classes in the 39 bracket to be loads of fun without mounts. 39 can be geared pretty easily with one 60. 49 tends to have more burst and the lvl 40 talents are hella fun and very powerful. 49 gear can be pretty difficult if you dont have groups to help you. Some of the stuff requires 2-3 60s, and some of the farms can be a real bitch (ST, BRD arena). There are a lot of helpful guilds and people out there tho if you ask around. If worse comes to worse you can even hire help for gears runs. I highly recommend classes with multiple specs you want to play. Its like having 2-3 twinks in 1. Most important advice i can give is to find some BiS lists and start trolling the AH early and often for deals. Some of the rare gear can be very expensive, but over time you can find deals, and sometimes ppl list things without knowing their worth. Ive found absolute steals quite a few times in Classic. Auctioneer mod or the like is super helpful for pricing. Bottom line is that all the brackets are a good time and they all have many good players. Pick what you want to play most. Dont Be afraid to try gear and specs outside the norm. GLHF!

Users who are viewing this thread