Mistweaver General ideas / help before sub runs out

I love reading these insights.
Haste is a good idea.

Vers is the best idea. If you're dead your heals mean nothing.

Get your hp at a good level. Get the helmet. Get the vers. Gg

P.S. might even make some new friends.

:p I think the "Heal-Tank" at this point for shadowlands has been debunked thoroughly, for all healer specs.

If you know what you are doing stacking HP/Verse (most builds using verse are just picking it up because its on their gear available) at the expense of your healing power just makes you worse/less effective in general.

The entire idea of the thread is that you can give the MistWeaver Burst though mastery and not have to build a grossly sub-optimal healer draped in Talasites and BC gem gear with undesirable stats and horrifyingly decreased healing power... Haste+Mastery is what you want... not Verse and Crit.

Last edited:
:p I think the "Heal-Tank" at this point for shadowlands has been debunked thoroughly, for all healer specs.

If you know what you are doing stacking HP/Verse (most builds using verse are just picking it up because its on their gear available) at the expense of your healing power just makes you worse/less effective in general.

The entire idea of the thread is that you can give the MistWeaver Burst though mastery and not have to build a grossly sub-optimal healer draped in Talasites and BC gem gear with undesirable stats and horrifyingly decreased healing power... Haste+Mastery is what you want... not Verse and Crit.
You are clearly underestimating the tank heal setup, mastery does not save MW from no instant cast heals. The only heal that heals instant is renewing mist and that is only the gust of mist heal and it has seconds of cd (I don't count expel harm). I tried out the gust of mists on soothing mist and it is def a bug and not reliable as a confirmed instant heal. When I tried it the gust proced on like 1 out of 5 ticks and almost never on the first tick.

A spell that does benefit from gust however is surging mist. Surging mist heals 100 more than vivify right away and stacks 2 times healing close to 800 + gust of mist at 180 sp. Why would u need tons of sp and mastery when you heal this much already? You can have how much mastery you want but if you can't cast you are going to die and I'm sure you have noticed how many stuns/interrupts there is atm.

I still hold on to the idea that tank healing mw is the better choice as long as 1-2 twinks can almost oneshot a char with almost 5k hp but if you don't like that idea still I would at least recommand changing some mastery to maximize int/sp or vers/haste to help your hots since hot ticks doesn't benefit from mastery at all.

I can see this thread is clearly not about providing advice. Head-on into those Bee Gees and get f***** up if you want to
[doublepost=1613914700,1613914626][/doublepost]What's your toons name so I can know that you're not going to cower behind me.
[doublepost=1613915220][/doublepost]P.s. no one said anything about talasites

It is irritating that there seems to be a 50/50 divide in what people experience in BGs. I play the Resto all of the time and never worry about 1 shot... ever. If I ever die its because I played badly... or the teams are so lop sided it does not matter if I had 1k hp or 10k hp it would still be a loss.

So from my stand point... with the number of games I have played *which is not epic, but a lot)... if you stack HP to live... you are playing badly... and using HP as a compensation.

Obviously people are conflicted with that.

*** I don't understand the "why do you need to heal more argument"... I stack mastery on my resto and often crit for 1-2k on deep heals... that just saves somebody flat out.

Last edited:
It is irritating that there seems to be a 50/50 divide in what people experience in BGs. I play the Resto all of the time and never worry about 1 shot... ever. If I ever die its because I played badly... or the teams are so lop sided it does not matter if I had 1k hp or 10k hp it would still be a loss.

So from my stand point... with the number of games I have played *which is not epic, but a lot)... if you stack HP to live... you are playing badly... and using HP as a compensation.

Obviously people are conflicted with that.

*** I don't understand the "why do you need to heal more argument"... I stack mastery on my resto and often crit for 1-2k on deep heals... that just saves somebody flat out.

The stacking talasite strat is generally from either DPS focused players rerolling heals, or inexperienced healers that need the safety net to feel safe. If you really look at which players are offering what advice, it tells you everything you need to know about who to listen to.

Interesting how you guys judge players twinking and player experience on the basis of the gearing tips we provide once. Like you know all about us now. Tips that you asked for in the first place for some weird reason since you obviously knew what was best all along.

I was simply trying to give some advice based on my recent bg experiences and some constructive feedback behind it but sure, you pros do it your own way.

I'll build both to give it a fair test, since the BC gem gear takes about 1 second to get.

Trollguden: Your whole argument seems to be there are 100s of twinks running around...

Maybe its an EU thing? are there just more twinks?... outside of running into some alliance premades on the weekend I only see 1-2-3 twinks in each game... there are a few that you run into a whole premade... again tho... having 6k hp there is not going to stop you from dying instantly to 3 twinks (and those are twinks that popped pots/trinkets to kill you).... the only real way to not die is not be in a position to die.

Last edited:
I'll build both to give it a fair test, since the BC gem gear takes about 1 second to get.

Trollguden: Your whole argument seems to be there are 100s of twinks running around...

Maybe its an EU thing? are there just more twinks?... outside of running into some alliance premades on the weekend I only see 1-2-3 twinks in each game... there are a few that you run into a whole premade... again tho... having 6k hp there is not going to stop you from dying instantly to 3 twinks (and those are twinks that popped pots/trinkets to kill you).... the only real way to not die is not be in a position to die.
Could be, I'm playing horde in a bracket that is very much ally dominated. I see myself lucky if I don't face at least 3 twinks each game and I often face premades and groups with more than 5 twinks in it. Not just from the "EU" bracket but vs russians aswell. Russians happens to be very big in twinking. Also alot more ppl know alot about the games these days aswell, can barely show myself without having ppl on me. I'm not perfect, I'm not a glad but I do feel that I position myself pretty allright in most scenarios and the heat is def there anyway.

Could be, I'm playing horde in a bracket that is very much ally dominated. I see myself lucky if I don't face at least 3 twinks each game and I often face premades and groups with more than 5 twinks in it. Not just from the "EU" bracket but vs russians aswell. Russians happens to be very big in twinking. Also alot more ppl know alot about the games these days aswell, can barely show myself without having ppl on me. I'm not perfect, I'm not a glad but I do feel that I position myself pretty allright in most scenarios and the heat is def there anyway.

Are the two-slot gem pieces really worth it for any kind of HP build? Some pieces like Liar's Cord/Starlight Gauntlets have some real terrible stats compared to i28 greens :p

Are the two-slot gem pieces really worth it for any kind of HP build? Some pieces like Liar's Cord/Starlight Gauntlets have some real terrible stats compared to i28 greens :p
Not really no imo, just 3 gem pieces and then 28 gear with sockets unless you really want a fc set because then u want as much stamina/sockets u can get.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bleeding-hollow/sugarkane

Got this guy I'm working on as a Mastery experiment. I have not played this MW so I'm just making shit up for the most part, mainly just based on a Resto I tried it with. I tried my Resto with stacking mastery (180%), but found it lacking as with all other healing specs Mastery is conditional... proximity to a target, how dead are they, do they have a buff on them, etc.

Mistweaver has no restriction, you just get a Gust of Wind which is about 400 free healing every time you cast Vivify/Env Mist/Renewing Mists... and you also get a tick on Soothing even tho it says you do not FYI. That is with 160% mastery (estimated to be the number actually in a BG going with the usual 16% loss on mastery world/BG)... not quite maxed out, but close.

I have a set of full gem BC gear with all +2int and +2verse... the Mastery set is way better on free casting numbers. I also just like the burst as its something the MW completely lacks at 20.

That is not the issue, the issue is what should I do about the other secondary stat? Stacking mastery comes at a huge cost where my haste is like 5%, my crit is 8% and my verse is 14% (mainly from an adaptable ring I have on that I will replace with Savant if I get one.. and the Circle of Flame which is obviously not going anywhere). I'm not a big fan of Versatility on a healer, but...

If I have to pick a stat that is not going to be over emphasized which one should it be? Haste helps but not at 5% its almost nothing, Crit at 8% is almost worthless... versatility I can stack more and just ditch Haste.

I doubt I will find all savant gear with a socket in time. But I can probably pick up a set of Mastery+whatever... and change up my numbers a bit.

Any ideas/thoughts on what other secondary might be best for stacking in a smaller-ish quantity? OR will it even matter?
int>mastery>haste>vers having a fast gcd is important for mw

Last edited:
Well have both sets made, we will see. You lose tons of burst/healing with the Verse/HP set since you have way less haste and mastery... but, might live longer.

Well have both sets made, we will see. You lose tons of burst/healing with the Verse/HP set since you have way less haste and mastery... but, might live longer.
Any feedback on your performance of these two sets?

3 days till sub... so won't know in game until then... but the math is simple even with 16% mastery reduction... Mastery>Haste+Int. (I'll probably have about 224 Mastery World by the time the sub runs out).

Gust of Mists buries all all other numbers in a vacuum even if you go bonkers and stack +3 int gems in all BC slots... you are still losing because Gust is just a flat bonus... and MW gets a crazy high % bonus from stacking Mastery... more than any other class/spec I believe.

But, numbers are not everything.

This is also not my first 20s monk... before "Jadefire" had a leveling accident, I had her set up with all Talasites and a Haste/Int build... it was "OK"... the healing was decent, but a huge % of the time I did not even need the HP so it was just completely wasted. And we can trivialize it all we want, but that was an alliance toon... so rarely... especially on the weekends was it really an issue to have HP versus the horde.

Last edited:
So, how’s the high mastery treating you? I know you’ve only been in bgs for a little over a week now. Just curious if you’ve noticed that it could use anything. Maybe a bit more or less haste?

There is no other build as far as I'm concerned. If I could have SAVANT with sockets of every piece, that is what I would pick.

Just like in BFA its the single target KING. The burst heals are the single best in the game when you stack mastery... and you get A Lot. I've kept dps up with 6 people hitting them in the face... and it's only because of Gust.

The main benefits are you can lead out with Env Mists and get a huge burst heal on it... normally if you do that in a crisis your target dies. Same with Renewing... you also become much more valuable in a group setting keeping multiple targets up, because GUSTS is just flat out healing, not HoT.

If I had an i49 I would stack the same thing... nothing would change.

+2+2 int/haste = BiS IMO.

If versatility beat out mastery on a MW I would take verse instead... it does not... unless you are doing math blind with your toes. I don't and will never buy into the 10% reduction shit matters nonsense, especially in this MEGA damage environment... I would rather just have mastery to pop back 1k hp in 1 second than worry about taking 2000 damage instead of 2100.

I don't want to get into some Talasite/nonsense argument build, that dumb shit is dead... period.

MW is NOT the best healer by far... a Disco with an i49 can just run circles around you easy/cheesy... but, I get to roll... twice.... :(

But then again I'm terrible.

Last edited:
I am not sure why mastery shows this high and how exactly 141 mastery translate to 186% (normally would be something like 50%), maybe it's a mistweaver thing. That said, if you are looking for other stats, I get that we are talking about bgs and haste decreasing cast times is important, but given that most spells are either instants or are made instants via channels I'd really try crit first. (I mean, let's go to the most basic thing - how do you save a target that is being focused? Soothing Mist -> insta Vivify / Enveloping. Haste doesn't help you as much as crit here.)
Some classes gain more/less mastery per point (arms in BfA commonly had 400% mastery with standard end-game gearing for example, where normal classes might have ~45%)

If you take the lot of BC gem gear, put all INT/whatever gems into it - and take all the random/trash stats (seriously half that trash has Critical strike on it :p) on that gear instead of Mastery... you Surging/Vifiy will do less than stacking Mastery on slotted i28 greens by about 300-400... and you will lose all your burst on other heals just like I said (which is more important).

It makes ZERO sense to do that unless you want to be a "fist-weaver"... which also makes you out of your mind, since this is SL not BFA.

if you have an i49, sure you can tolerate a lot wider range of customization... but that is only the 1%... and also as I stated... an i49 would just make a Mastery build more effective, not less.

And also, are we talking about Mastery makes you 50% better than every other MW... fuck no... but you want to just be as good as you can... it's just math (and the second grade kind of math)... and visible impact in the game with more burst.

Sometimes it does just come down to... "when I press this button it does MORE"... after that we can worry about positioning, awareness, backflips, invisibility trinkets, who is on my team?, do I use potions, what do I have attached to my belt, check out this cool hat... all that nonsense that comes after "does this button do MORE".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread