Mists of Pandaria Remix

If all races are availible can i create allied race character as the f2p and then continue playing on retail later?

If all races are availible can i create allied race character as the f2p and then continue playing on retail later?
No, any allied races not unlocked can't be used. So f2p can't use this as a work around to have allied race characters.

the cloak was at 174, i did one more heroic for the day, i saw it did a upgrade, was like WHOA! when i saw the jump to 220. no clue what that was about? i assumed it went one point at a time. i started the third day with cloak at what i posted above

My cloak also was stuck at iLvl 174 for a long time. It changed to iLvl 220 once I hit 1000 threads total. Seems like the iLvl is related to waypoints in your total threads. The cloak is still gaining power from every thread you pick up regardless of the iLvl.

Here is a macro to show you how many threads you have currently collected:

-- This macro shows the number of threads currently
-- on Cloak of Infinite Potential
/run local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for x=1,9 do s=s+C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(2853+c[x]
).quantity end print("Total threads: "..s)

Last edited:
Can't finish the quest: Fashionable Flying. Because I don't have a dragon, lol. Do you get a dragon at the start of quests? Apparently..

Upd: I should have started from the VERY beginning. In the village. We received them.

Last edited:
saw come chat complaints about scaling in a normal LFD for the kill 3 bosses daily quest, they were coming from a 47, 53, and 62
grouped same server. i was running the dungeon almost to the point of what we have been doing in WOD dungeons, over pulling, not dying, needing near no heals. chat was not negative to me, but they were getting mad that the higher they level the weaker they get. same has been said in retail.

as a druid tank been focusing on leech and vers along points in talents for survival and self heal. because a lot of the healers truly suck.

Is there a way to speedrun Lorewalker Rep achievement as f2p? I've collected each one of the books throughout Pandaria (except the lvl35 one in the center of Vale) and I'm 2k rep off revered on a human (to get commendation and do it again on an alt). Can we interact with the books in Isle of Thunder in case someone ports us?
I know I could do it on retail with DMF (or Pandaria TW week?), but it sucks if you don't have flying.

Is there a way to speedrun Lorewalker Rep achievement as f2p? I've collected each one of the books throughout Pandaria (except the lvl35 one in the center of Vale) and I'm 2k rep off revered on a human (to get commendation and do it again on an alt). Can we interact with the books in Isle of Thunder in case someone ports us?
I know I could do it on retail with DMF (or Pandaria TW week?), but it sucks if you don't have flying.

It was said in a rep guide on here that you could get exalted, but that post may be outdated.
You need just over 20% rep bonus to get to revered on a character to buy the commendation.
Then do it again on a 2nd character to get to exalted.
However, humans with a Darkmoon Faire bonus will come up about 270 rep short of revered. Still need some additional rep bonus (maybe we will get some when TWW prepatch goes live, like they did with Dragonflight).

they were getting mad that the higher they level the weaker they get.
Hitting lvl 70 felt terrible on remix, every mob in normal mode scenarios has 900k+ hp and hit me for 2/3 of my hp lol. its actually brutal at max lvl. thats why frogs were so popular.

Hitting lvl 70 felt terrible on remix, every mob in normal mode scenarios has 900k+ hp and hit me for 2/3 of my hp lol. its actually brutal at max lvl. thats why frogs were so popular.
The Blizzard fix for this will be to change scaling so levels 1-69 hit for 3/4th your HP instead.

Tbh the event feels like it's scaled with you having crazy stats on your cloak in mind.

My cloak also was stuck at iLvl 174 for a long time. It changed to iLvl 220 once I hit 1000 threads total. Seems like the iLvl is related to waypoints in your total threads. The cloak is still gaining power from every thread you pick up regardless of the iLvl.

Here is a macro to show you how many threads you have currently collected:

-- This macro shows the number of threads currently
-- on Cloak of Infinite Potential
/run local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for i=1,9 do s=s+C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(2853+c).quantity end print("Total threads: "..s)
1505 threads now)

cloak script macro nor working for me i get LUA error with this:

Message: [string "local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for i=1,9..."]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'c' (a table value)
Time: Mon May 20 00:52:30 2024
Count: 2
Stack: [string "local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for i=1,9..."]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'c' (a table value)
[string "local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for i=1,9 do s=s+C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(2853+c).quantity end print("Total threads: "..s)"]:1: in main chunk
[string "=[C]"]: in function `RunScript'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ChatFrameBase/Mainline/ChatFrame.lua"]:2264: in function `?'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ChatFrameBase/Mainline/ChatFrame.lua"]:5422: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ChatFrameBase/Mainline/ChatFrame.lua"]:5074: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
[string "@Interface/AddOns/Blizzard_ChatFrameBase/Mainline/ChatFrame.lua"]:5110: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
[string "*ChatFrame.xml:140_OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*ChatFrame.xml:140_OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: c = <table> {
1 = 0
2 = 1
3 = 2
4 = 3
5 = 4
6 = 5
7 = 6
8 = 7
9 = 148
}
s = 0
(for index) = 1
(for limit) = 9
(for step) = 1
i = 1
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = 6
(*temporary) = 7
(*temporary) = 148
(*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'c' (a table value)"

cloak script macro nor working for me i get LUA error with this:

I just tried this. I copied the macro script from this page to a new macro and it also produces the LUA errors.
Somewhere during the copy/paste the data is not exactly the same. Will try some more testing

EDIT: When I pasted this macro, this web page interpreted part of the macro to be embedded text formatting code.
Changed a variable name so it does not conflict with this web page.
I verified that you can copy directly from this post and paste it into your macro and it works fine.
I also edited my original post above in case someone copy/pastes from that post.

/run local c,s={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,148},0;for x=1,9 do s=s+C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(2853+c[x]).quantity end print("Total threads: "..s)

Last edited:
my current stats >B)

Attachments

• Annotation 2024-05-20 144057.png
    Annotation 2024-05-20 144057.png
    779.6 KB · Views: 144
  • Annotation 2024-05-20 144126.png
    Annotation 2024-05-20 144126.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 151
It will be sad to lose the 36 slot bags, but so far, a brand new F2P with flying and then getting that August Phoenix mount was fun. I was able to fly explore almost all of the main Mists areas for the exploration achievements (love getting the bronze cache box for each). Not able to solo reach Thunder Isle or Isle of Giants so not sure what exploration I will be missing in remix.

The bronze orbs seem to refresh faster so flying through the area a few times and some of the larger orbs that spawn proc > 10 bronze is fine while queue waiting.

No premade groups or PVP battlegrounds seem to be available to F2P.

I like the Remix ability to mixed up your class with other class's abilities - as Shadow Priest I found a Mage ability 'Blink' gem so that was nice to have but seemed to not work as good as on an actual Mage.

Heroic scenarios, and heroic dungeons have about a 20minute wait once hitting level 20 (XP auto-locked but building up quite large XP banking due to the remix experience boost active).

I have been grinding for treasure boxes for the bronze, the more your Cloak of Infinite Potential levels, the more the bronze seems to drop but threads are random.

I am trying to hit that 4200 threads mark, but it is going to take a bit. Reached Infinite Power VI (300) but was since the start on this first toon.

I was able to tag the Sha of Anger [Kun-Lai Summit] while other players were engaged, and I got extra Remix rewards at end - but no mount (yet).

Fishing was available for training via The Anglers, and I saw that the Inscription trainer was showing on map near the Order of the Serpent area, but I have not tried to see if trainable (kind of useless if herbalism isn't available). But the other professions seem to be missing.

On a Vet account with Dragonflight, I was able to make a Level 10 Evoker under Remix but not yet able to enter Remix. So, I will have to keep trying or leave to see what happens to that toon after remix ends.

Users who are viewing this thread