Meet The Twinks: Nazzr

Stavie

Legend
EU: Meet The Twinks

Interviewer: Stavie
Guest: Nazzr

Who are you?

I'm a 19 twink who started playing back in TBC. I used to play several 19 rogues on german servers but I focused more on the endgame. With the start of cataclysm I decided to play my 19s more actively, and I went to Draenor (the biggest twinking server in EU).

Why did you start twinking?

I really liked the idea of not farming gear every patch. Also it's a small community and you know most of the other players.

You are known as one of - if not THE best monk in EU. Do you have any tips to upcoming monks? What do you do?

It's really hard to answer this question without writing too much. I think tips that work for every class should be named: keybinds, positioning and knowledge of the spells. Maybe I will upload a video on my YouTube channel which is way more detailed and focused on tips for the monks at level 19. I think this videos are the best way to see what I do and how I play in general.

You played rogue before you went to monk - why did you change?

Yes, I used to play rogues only at level 19. From the start of TBC until now I played on 7 different rogues. I really miss the gameplay of rogues in Ccataclysm. It was awesome. But with MoP the rogue class just bored me. Instead of Shadowstep, Gouge and Sprint, rogues have insane burst now. So I wanted to try out this new class called monk! A lot of people said that Windwalker wouldn't be viable at 19 but I had so much fun while leveling. Awesome mobility, an AoE-stun and crazy burst that you actually have to time! I knew that Windwalker is the right specc for me and i started playing it active in the Gulch.

You are a well known member of Tough Love - what is your opinion of this guild?

Tough Love is a guild with very good players. I really enjoy playing with members of Tough Love, because I can be sure they know how to play their classes. I know that there is some drama/hate around Tough Love, but within the guild, players are friendly.

What is your overall opinion of the bracket?

I won't talk about different classes and I will only speak about EU, because I haven't played US that much. In my opinion the bracket is at a good state. The last months there was 3 premades and a lot of arena games going on. Sadly not everyone likes the idea of getting some more serious games. I hope 5.3 won't have a negative impact on the bracket.

What is your view on GY containment/farming?

GY containment is the best tactic to win a game, no doubt. But is it fair to ruin the game to 10 other players and take them any chance to compete in it? In random games GY containment isn't fun for any faction. When playing serious games versus setup teams i think it's just a tactic that should be used to win. But I can understand players that want to win all random warsongs aswell. I don't care about random warsongs tbh, maybe thats why I'm thinking that way.

You are seen as a more quiet person than certain others from Tough Love, why is that? Is there any reason other than your personality being like that?

I really like the players in Tough Love but sometimes I have a different view on stuff than they do.
We are a guild with players in it, which all have their personal views and ideals. Sadly a lot of people rate the guild itself and not each player in it. For example: some weeks ago I got blamed, because "I didn't stop GY farming" even tho I wasn‘t part of this.

Who do you think is the best players overall in 19s?

There are a lot of names to mention. And I think a ratinglist never can be neutral. There are some players that you played a lot with and some that you haven't. For me it would be players out of Tough Love. I played a lot of arenas with and against these players and know how good they can play.

What are your role in premades?

In premades I play Brewmaster. This is because the most premades are huge fights in middle, dominated by casters. As a squishy Windwalker I would have to run inside those caster to deal damage. Instead of the Windwalker, the way more tanky Brewmaster has a lot of nice extras to use in premades. Brewmaster is the only class that can grip players. This will help my team a lot to setup kills. Also you have a spammable snare and some good damage with Keg smash after a grip.

What is your opinion about TwinkInfo?

Twinkinfo is a great place to get some information and communicate with other twinks and tournaments and premades are mostly made up here. Of course there is some trolling / provocating as in any other forum but i just skip all this stuff.

Alright! Thanks for your time!

You are welcome!

NOTE: I will try to do this as a weekly series, of course ending when interesting players is run dry :)

Please leave feedback on the questions and the answers!

Last edited by a moderator:
nazzr the german cutie, always so nice.

Nazzr, you happy to see they fixed combo breaker? Was a happy surprise on my end my first BG to see that beautiful blue indicator pop up

Nazzr, you happy to see they fixed combo breaker? Was a happy surprise on my end my first BG to see that beautiful blue indicator pop up

Oh they did? I dont played my monk yet. But thats awesome was about time to get fixed!

Ya last night I got 3 blackout breakers and all 3 of them crit dropped a rogue 1v1 (first time that ever happened for me)

Users who are viewing this thread