Mechanical Sheep Hunter Pet

Dragpz

Grandfathered
So Tekton is a level 3 sheep that is now tameable by Goblin and Gnome hunters as of patch 7.0.3. It is located right above the Elwynn Forest bluffs, North of Stormwind City. People have long been talking about how it's only accessible via flying mounts, but failed to take into account the Darkmoon Cannon. Right now, my best run is about 4 cannon shots (~2 hr of cooldown, at 30m cooldown per shot). As for taming him, you can't let him reach you or else he'll explode and knock you off the mountain. I haven't tamed him yet, but I'm planning on standing barely outside of tame range and using Concussive Shot + Tame Beast. I'll update once I tame him and I might do a tutorial if there's enough interest.

Caught the sheep.

Capture7.PNG

Here's a macro to cast concussive shot without killing it:

/stopattack
/cast concussive shot
/stopattack

Cast Concussive Shot barely out of range of Tame Beast and then Tame away.
It is possible to get to the bluff in 3 shots (1h 30m total CD). The CD is counted in real time, so feel free to do BGs on your alts while you wait for the CD to clear.

That's awesome.

There's a few others that you can tame, including a Haywire Battlechicken and a few Mechano Striders.

If anyone wants to cheat and let me fly them up there, just ask me for the brag.

That's awesome.

There's a few others that you can tame, including a Haywire Battlechicken and a few Mechano Striders.

Yep, they're both in a cave in Loch Modan, along with a rare blue mechanostrider named Optimo. There's also a mechanical squirrel pet named N.U.T.Z that you can tame in Azshara, using the same Concussive Shot method as the sheep.

Couldn't you just let a 2 seater fly you there?

You can, but some F2Ps and Vets may not have access to a 2-seater, so I opted to use a Darkmoon Cannon instead.

http://www.wow-petopia.com/

To be honest, with removal of majority pet buffs in 7.0, the only useful hunter pets to have are chimera and scorpid/carrion bird for extra slow/less heal.

I know, but part of being a hunter is running around trying to catch them all. I spent quite some time catching rares, so why not catch the new mech pets too?

Edit: Also, if you are playing BM, I'd highly recommend you catch the Core Hound for the Bloodlust, it is doable as Horde and Alliance, but a bit more difficult as Horde.

I know, but part of being a hunter is running around trying to catch them all. I spent quite some time catching rares, so why not catch the new mech pets too?

Edit: Also, if you are playing BM, I'd highly recommend you catch the Core Hound for the Bloodlust, it is doable as Horde and Alliance, but a bit more difficult as Horde.
I do this, too. Plus, variety is the spice of life.

I have a lot of fun trying to camp for the rare ones.

To be honest, with removal of majority pet buffs in 7.0, the only useful hunter pets to have are chimera and scorpid/carrion bird for extra slow/less heal.
This is how I feel also. Only other pet I'd suggest is spider/crocolisk for the slow if Surv / Marks spec.

But in saying that I think I'd like 1 mech pet just for the sake of having one ;)

Thanks for info @Dragpz. I'm guessing non goblins/gnomes will have to wait till Legion launches to get the engineering recipe to allow mech pets.:cool:

Last edited:
I know, but part of being a hunter is running around trying to catch them all.

But in saying that I think I'd like 1 mech pet just for the sake of having one ;)
I'm the last person to discourage that. got 52 pets and would have even more if i technically could.

Also, if you are playing BM, I'd highly recommend you catch the Core Hound for the Bloodlust.

I would argue about its usefulness while you are in pug team over personal slow/heal debuff 24/7, but yes.
There is also water walking mount if you can actually get it.

I'm the last person to discourage that. got 52 pets and would have even more if i technically could.

I would argue about its usefulness while you are in pug team over personal slow/heal debuff 24/7, but yes.
afaik only pandas can get water walking and crane mounts

#showtooltip concussive shot
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast [nomod,exists,@mouseover]Concussive Shot
/cast [mod:shift,exists,@mouseover]Concussive Shot
/cast [mod:shift,@focus]Concussive Shot
/cast [nomod,@target]Concussive Shot

weow

Mechanicals have a slight niche use since they're immune to Polymorph. Ruining the hopes and dreams of mages who would actually Poly your pet isn't quite enough to make it worth a top 2 choice though.

I would say that the BL is great for team fights, such as the starting fight in mid for EotS, or taking a base in AB. When it's on CD, I switch out to my scorpid.

you could just do /cast [@focus] concussive shot

That works too, just need to set the guy as your focus

Users who are viewing this thread