Mantis Boots vs Razzeric's Racing Grips

yetoo

OG
For a 29 primarily resto druid. K, GO! Btw, don't say both, there isn't enough xp in the 29 level to do both with pure quest xp. And the cloth mechanical gloves are outta the question too, for both xp and gimp reasons lol.

The way it seems to me is its

Mantis: 3 intel

12 sta

minor speed

7 spi

2 spell pwr

VS

4 intel

15sta

minor speed

5 agil (lol?)

So, 7 spi and 2 spell pwr vs 5 agil, 1 intel and 3 sta.

Ps, im not sure of my spec right now, but im looking at intensity very closely...

Are you sure you ment Razzerics Racing Grips? It doesn't seem like your comparing the same items.

RRG 9 Sta 8 Agi BC Enchantable.

MB 3 Int 7 Spi 2 SP BC Enchantable.

For Resto, it seems like the boots would be a clear winner, while feral would take the gloves.

Naturaltalnt has a good point. A lot of people in the 29 bracket mistakenly think that Razzeric's are best for casters because they can take the higher enchant. In fact, you'll get more mileage from [ITEM]15355[/ITEM] of healing or of the Eagle with the lower enchant, losing only +4 sp from the enchant but more than making up for it with the gloves' stats.

Bwappo

Naturaltalnt said:
Are you sure you ment Razzerics Racing Grips? It doesn't seem like your comparing the same items.

i guess the point is:

yetoo said:
Btw, don't say both, there isn't enough xp in the 29 level to do both with pure quest xp.

And the cloth mechanical gloves are outta the question too, for both xp and gimp reasons lol.

so his main question is:

which item gives "me" the biggest boost.

since i dont have a clue concerning caster/healing items, i wont be able to give an answere here.

i always find it funny when i see healer sacrificing their survivability for better stats to healing !

cloth is not the answer to everything, there are quite a lot of leather in the twink department to justify staying in leather if you can !

i'm not against cloth, if you can put higher aremor type, please do !

personnal experience based of the higher level...

cloth = about 20% armor

leather = about 30%

mail = about 40%

plate = about 50%

+ the number of armor point adds to that...

so don't think the armor value sucks if you consider the type of armor adding a lot to the contribution of how much you will absorb in damage ! an exemple of this would be my DK which had mail cause there was nothing better until 70-80, he had like 50% armor absortion, then when i fell into plate... he had gone thru 60% + the armor itself from frost presence has made me go to 80% as it doubled my armor points.

so i say try to keep your type of armor a priority until there is no better !

going cloth cause they have all stats is never the way to go, otherwise everybody would be using cloth !

Wow

sorry about that, i don't know where the rest of my post went, although I see none of you have your gear stats memorized ;) I was comparing the AB boots vs Mantis boots. Then I was gonna compare Razzeric's vs Headhunters, although Fundingtwinks has answered my question lol. So thanks for the help. HOWEVER, i am still very much up in the air on spec. I know 11/0/9 is cookie cutter, but I really feel like the HT glyph is a gimp rather than a buff. Its not worth it to put any points in IMP HT in the resto tree because of the GCD anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I'm looking seriously at Regrowth Glyph just because I hope to keep my targets above 50% anyway, so the Rejuv glyph would be clutch at best.

So, advice on glyphs and Spec? I feel like intensity and OoC are really powerful.

all i got to say is your all wrong :p

gnomish mechanic's gloves (8str 7int) at 28 + the bc enchant

then

mantis boots at 29 +the bc enchant

Zechsmerquis said:
all i got to say is your all wrong :p

gnomish mechanic's gloves (8str 7int) at 28 + the bc enchant

then

mantis boots at 29 +the bc enchant

Yeah, those resto druids rly need the str amirite?

glyph of rejuvenation over regrowth anytime. It helps a TON with healing. And trust me if I say you won't be able to hold people over 50% easily. Just a little example, it's the extra heal that keeps the target up when Aimed Shot is up. It also helps saving mana. Imp HT is not the way to go. Instead go 3/3 subtlety, with the twink-only bgs you'll see a lot more priests/shamans purging your HoTs, and you definetly don't want that to happen. The other 3, I'd put to shapeshifting, but if you like furor that's also an option. I like to insist that imp HT is not good, you shouldn't be casting that often, as your HoTs and regrowth will be healing barely enough. I find myself using Healing Touch only when my target is being ganked by 5 allies, in which case they are all focusing him and I can cast unmolested, so the 3 sec is not a problem (PS: HT crits = lay on hands, ftw lol. Rogues just can't hold back the tears :p)

Also, in regards to mana, I roll 2/0/18, for 50% mana regen and the awesome-as-ever omen of clarity, and I can still dish out some nice damage (Usually I'm like 40k heal 20k dmg in an average 30 min or so wsg. The priests usually score 20-25k). The 2 in balance can go into -0.2 sec cast or into 2% periodic things, whatever you prefer. I'd take -0.2 sec cast any day though, I don't know why I chose that +2% ! It's barely noticeable at best.

ArthurianKnight said:
i always find it funny when i see healer sacrificing their survivability for better stats to healing !

Of course, +healing actually effects your hp/second healed, providing survivability... and increasing efficiency and longevity as well!

i've used the rejuv glyph and am currently using the HT glyph on my druid and specced for 2/0/18 with the extra .5 off HT so it is a 1s cast for 350-600ish; hard to interrupt with gcd's being 1.5 and i have th extra 15% for rejuv and the 2% from the balance talent on hots. OoC is a MUST intensity is pretty win too. my hp is lower than it can be but that is my gear choice, and as long as i dont get more than 2 on me at once i can usually fare pretty well (depending on aimed shits). i do have other sets if its very important or for certain situations though.

i personally prefer the mantis boots because of the BC chant, i went with surefooted on mine (which i would probably use even if i ever went 29 failral cus of the hit/crit). run speed isnt a big deal (and not needed on ab boots cus of talent) and you can make up the little bit of stam you would lose off razz elsewhere. and the extra sp you would get from the bc chant on raz isnt worth it when you can get "of healing" gloves or one of the cloth gloves with sp. there was a pair of leather gloves upgraded last patch too that now has 6 stam 6 spell power.

Users who are viewing this thread