Making forum signature graphics...

vinod said:
Improved and tweaked according to request....

The #1 issue I have is a lot of text in a small space.

mymaintwink.jpg

Haha, amazing work! Thanks for that, much appreciated. +Rep too!

I`ll get to work adding it now!

FYI - I have skipped some because I am creatively stuck. It happens. I will get around to doing the work of those I skipped, once I have a better idea as to what to do.

Just because I am stuck on 1 person, doesn't mean I shouldn't go on to finish the work for others. Patience......

vinod said:
I just got this message from Steamed, and thought I would share in case someone else is thinking the same :)

------

-----

To begin with, make certain the image itself is on its own layer, and is not set to being the 'background' in Photoshop. With your image as a layer, and not a background you will begin the work of clearing the unwanted stuff from the character.

#1 - Get to learn about the pixel color tolerance setting on your wand. That you can control how much or how little color variation is selected per click. Remember to hold down shift (might be control, I forget which, but my fingers always remember) as you click to keep selecting areas until you have as large a space you want. You can change the tolerance with each click/selection. Higher tolerance = more color ranges that will be selected with the wand. A tolerance of 1 is the lowest, the most I ever like to work with is around a 10 to 15 range for big areas.

Once you have your BACKGROUND selected....

#2 - Feather the selection. That you will want the selection to have a feather variable of 1-2 for a nice clean removal. A feather that is more dramatic such as 10 - 30 adds a great blend effect.

#3 Hit delete, clean up the image. There usually will be some small TRACE left. A GREAT way to get -all- left over trace you missed is to add the 'STROKE' effect to the layer you are working in. Stroke will create BIG obvious outlines even on something so small as -1- pixel, which makes clean up super easy. Once you are done with background cleanup, remove the stroke effect from the layer.

#4 Perfect the character. Use a feathered eraser setting for this. You never want to use a hard line eraser. Feathering the images makes them softer, and seem more natural.

Enjoy :)

I hope this helps you with your sigs. If you want a screenshot tutorial of my work, Ill be happy to write one and post it with screenshots!

My average cutout time is 10 - 15 mins for a "messy" job. Some jobs, are as fast and easy as 2 mins. This style is pretty fast, I never use a raw eraser for the job.

PS - Experience, error, and college has taught me all I know :)

How come everyone starting sig maker does it this way?

[video=youtube;SbDYRQF9i9E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDYRQF9i9E[/video]

edit: cba to do my own sig as photoshop is continually fucking up so may as well post here

1) IF you need a bigger image just right click this and click view in new tab.

2d8kf1x.jpg

2) Main Text: Coltlol

- Sub text: Kiss my feet peasent

- Transparent background

- Style: If you can sort of base yours off of some of these it would be great. Sadly Doctorfred seems to have died : (

2hnluhc.png

35c21x0.png

14sffap.png

Same as above; bigger image blah blah

The video is just 1 style, and 1 style used on a very simple and clean image that is not as complex as a character from the armory. I know how to use the the style in the video, and on that image used in the youtube video is the long slow way to do that job. There's more then 1 way to skin a cat, I tend to customize my technique to the image itself. The image used in the demo is simple, and a slower technique then I like.

Honestly, I like the DoctorFred style...but it's his style. I can do something kind of like it, but its not doing to be the exact same. If you really want the DoctorFred style, you gotta get it straight from the man. Looking at what I have so far, DoctorFred and I are nothing alike. I like that DoctorFred and I are so different, it provides people with options and choices.

I'll see what I can do. I do like the image provided.

vinod said:
The video is just 1 style, and 1 style used on a very simple and clean image that is not as complex as a character from the armory. I know how to use the the style in the video, and on that image used in the youtube video is the long slow way to do that job. There's more then 1 way to skin a cat, I tend to customize my technique to the image itself. The image used in the demo is simple, and a slower technique then I like.

Honestly, I like the DoctorFred style...but it's his style. I can do something kind of like it, but its not doing to be the exact same. If you really want the DoctorFred style, you gotta get it straight from the man. Looking at what I have so far, DoctorFred and I are nothing alike. I like that DoctorFred and I are so different, it provides people with options and choices.

I'll see what I can do. I do like the image provided.

Every single sig i've ever made has been made using the technique in the video, whether the render was from armory or not. Once practiced, this technique is by far the fastest and cleanest, my average render time being ~two minutes for a picture from WoW armory.

He died : (

So.....what's your point in this thread? Maybe I am misunderstanding things, or have had too much sugar today. Nothing personal, it seems kind of like a jackass thing to do to come in here and tell me how I need to change my techniques because you feel they are inferior or something.

Also, are you wanting me to make a sig for you? If so, why not do it yourself? I'm not trying to be rude about this, but having another sig maker around would be nice.

Edit: Who, DoctorFred actually...died? I didn't know. Sorry :( . I thought that you were referring to his account going inactive.

vinod said:
So.....what's your point in this thread? Maybe I am misunderstanding things, or have had too much sugar today. Nothing personal, it seems kind of like a jackass thing to do to come in here and tell me how I need to change my techniques because you feel they are inferior or something.

Also, are you wanting me to make a sig for you? If so, why not do it yourself? I'm not trying to be rude about this, but having another sig maker around would be nice.

Edit: Who, DoctorFred actually...died? I didn't know. Sorry :( . I thought that you were referring to his account going inactive.

Actually, I was referring to his account being inactive :<

The reason I asked you to make it is because

a) my photoshop is being a cunt and auto blurs shit when I save it

b) my style is 9129090120x different than DoctorFreds; whereas yours is way more similar

I wasn't calling your way inferior, or telling you that you NEED to change your techniques, simply that the technique I use could be better once practiced.

vinod said:
FYI - I have skipped some because I am creatively stuck. It happens. I will get around to doing the work of those I skipped, once I have a better idea as to what to do.

Just because I am stuck on 1 person, doesn't mean I shouldn't go on to finish the work for others. Patience......

If you are stuck with mine I can further assist you.

i am looking at quotes from the game and i found one i really like, could you please put this in small letters in a different font beneath Bioshock 2?

"If you can't come in from the cold, then you gotta grow ice over your heart."

Hey man, love your sigs, and I want one!

1) Can't get any SS's up, can you just use my armory page? And can you get it so he's doing an emote like the old armory? New armory sucks.

2) If you can ^ I would like it to be him doing the General Cast (I think; the one where one hand is up, they aren't together) in the middle and under that Khano in big letters, then below that kinda in small text "19 Druid" and then somewhere below all that write: "I'ma be flippin pancakes" Same Idea as Frostaholic's, and the background can be blank. If not... Then a picture of just him I guess with the other text included like ^ said

Thanks!

Edit: In my current sig the character is doing what I want him to do in your new one, one hand kinda in his chest, the other one down. Like he's casting Regrowth, not Wrath. K thanks.

Awesome artwork, I'd like to comission you to make one for me :].

Pictures:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3835/saltwatersnapjaw.jpg

The first picture is what I would like to have as the base of the signature. The second picture is of my turtle mount, which I would like to have him sitting in the open space behind me to my left. I know this will probably be difficult to get to look right due to shading and such, but it'd be awesome if you could try it. If not, I suppose an Alliance banner would go nicely there too. In the open space on the top I would like my name, "Feenin", my guild name, "<Twink Info>", and underneath the words "19 Bracket Officer" (in a text that will contrast the dark background). All creative liberties are yours :]

Thankyou so much in advance, I can't wait to see it!

PS if the pic is too dark let me know ill take another

Guys I'm pretty ssure he quit, he hasn't done any requests in forever and still has some left to do.

Users who are viewing this thread