Making a new 20 soon.

Mrcer

OG
I am deciding between a Resto Shaman or Holy Paladin.

I plan on gearing accordingly for both:

Paladin

Shaman

Not looking for someone to tell me what is BiS, just want to know which you guys would like more.

Think you should make a female tauren resto, in my past experience hpals seemed pretty boring.

Think you should make a female tauren resto, in my past experience hpals seemed pretty boring.

Hpals can tank entire teams, have completely mobile heals and thus can focus more on positional awareness. The skillcap is high for this aspect of PvP (as demonstrated in arena matches).

Hpals can tank entire instances with ease, no need for a healer.

Hpals can blow **** up. This is the primary difference between an Hpal and Rsham. Hpal can actually lay down a significant amount of pressure for the KB, which is what really counts in this bursty bracket.

Rshams can...spam Healing Surge. Purge and WShear are not all that they are cracked up to be.

I have 2 BiS Hpals, 2 BiS Rshams. I would completely recommend Hpal over Rsham.

I agree 100% with Golden, but you'd have to get a wee bit of hit rating in order to do almost any of the stuff he mentioned. I have seen Hpals do some crazy (in a good way,) things even with multiple people focusing them.

EDIT: Yeah he said it first.

I agree 100% with Golden, but you'd have to get a wee bit of hit rating in order to do almost any of the stuff he mentioned. I have seen Hpals do some crazy (in a good way,) things even with multiple people focusing them.

EDIT: Yeah he said it first.

Unfortunately, my set-up is not even BiS.

You can use Drakewing Bands + Boots of the Unturned Loyalties, and use Garrosh's Pardon over Lavish, which would net you 5 STA at the cost of 3 INT. Or Drakewing + Lavish, and use Corpse Rompers, netting you 2 INT over my set-up.

i find resto shamans to be complete trash who are good for nothing but casting earth shield on my mage so i can kill all the people attacking them while they spam healing surge on themself to desperately try to stay alive

i find resto shamans to be complete trash who are good for nothing but casting earth shield on my mage so i can kill all the people attacking them while they spam healing surge on themself to desperately try to stay alive
Cer isn't your average player, I'm pretty sure he'll go farther than keeping up Earth Shield and spamming surge.

H pally all day every day. Bigger heals, 2 instant heals, LoH, high armor and decent dps.

Both specs/classes are waaaaay too easy
<
But ya if you wanna be offensive **** (exo spam XOXO) go Hpally....

How important is it for a Holy Paladin to gain MELEE Hit Cap?

Which abilities rely on melee hit? Say if you want to land Crusader Strike (for Holy Power), Judgement or HoJ or something?

Users who are viewing this thread