<Make Your Time> accepting applications

MYT

Legend
Old school guild <Make Your Time> has returned and been active in the bracket for a couple of months. We are going to put at least one (most likely two) teams in the twink cup and are looking for a few pros to fill out our A/B team and/or add activity so we can premade most nights. We are active in both 19's and 29's (would do more brackets if they had activity, most notably 39 and 49) but have played 19's primarily lately after focusing on 29's for the previous two months when the queue bug kept 19's from popping.

We take a very professional approach to winning so don't let our forum smack talk lead you to believe that we don't take this very seriously - we do. We (particularly me) generate a lot of hate on the forums, but when it comes to winning our A team members are on point and we take it very seriously in both arena and BG's.

- All positions are competitive - we will play the people that give us the best chance to win. This combines both your personal skill at your class(es) both from a combat and objective based perspective, how you fit in with the team, your emotional stability (do you rage on your own team? quit when something doesn't work right? etc), as well your ability to step it up at critical times when your team needs you (some people like Andy Dalton of the Bengals choke under pressure - most of us play much better when the chips are down). We will also value your ability to lead tactically (target call, etc.) but we don't need this from everyone.
- We have a lot of old school players from guilds that dominated twinking when it was much larger than it is today - from guilds like <Crushridge Legends>, <No Mercy>, and <Make Your Time>. Old schoolers fit in very well here due to a higher maturity level, being used to only accepting wins, and great objective based play. We are open to newer players as long as your maturity level is high and you're open to mastering objective based play and become a part of the team.
- Willingness to play more than one class increases your chance of contributing to the team and earning a spot on the twink cup teams. If you have a GF toon or toons this may be a factor in whether you play that class as, all else equal, we prefer a gf toon over a non-gf one. But this is only if it puts the player that gives us the best change to win in that slot.

It's worth noting a few things that will make you a less than ideal fit for our team. If some of the negatives mentioned below remind you of yourself and you aren't open to changing, then perhaps MYT isn't the right home for you.

- When things go wrong we take a very professional approach to fixing them. This doesn't include immediately blaming your teammates and should start with wondering what you personally could have done better to compensate for mistakes. We do need to minimize mistakes and can talk through that unemotionally (especially when people that make mistakes take ownership for it themselves - I know I'm quite good at this). However; even after minimized mistakes will happen. We can either blame our losses on them, or everyone can overdeliver so well that we win easily anyways. We will take the second approach and you should be on board with that.
- Do you talk 100 miles an hour about unrelated topics when you don't even know most of the guild? We're generally an older group being primarily old schoolers. Don't join MYT simply because you want to hear the sound of your own voice - join because you want to win. Of course we talk to each other plenty - but people that love to dominate conversations and haven't learned to let others speak as well probably aren't a great fit.
- If you're looking for a guild where 15 people are on every night, this isn't it. Being primarily old schoolers we have jobs, some have families, etc. We play a lot relative to those demands - but not relative to a guild of high school/college kids who play constantly. So if you're discouraged by only a few being on in a given night then probably another guild is a better fit.

I hope the last few points don't sound arrogant - we just literally have no drama in the guild (never have), and plan on keeping it that way so we can focus on winning. We fully intend to win the twink cup and dominate 19/29 in general and are generally a laid back bunch.

In extreme cases where someone has a strong track record of being extremely pro we can fund - and we can do everything you need here on server (make all enchants, armor kits, crafted items), can help you with gearing if necessary, etc. We do have a few GF items in the guild bank waiting to deploy to a toon that doesn't have them that will clearly be on our A team.

If you're interested, please respond to me here or via btag at Nasti#1809.

Make Your Time was a very respectable guild, and one of the top two guilds (along side Crushridge Legends), during Vanilla and early-mid BC. I remember way back when ('07 or so) when I was a young freshman in highschool, I idolized CL and MYT. I studied how their GMs carried themselves and led their guilds. I modeled my guild and leadership after them in hopes of one day becoming like them. Guilds like MYT and CL laid down the blueprint and set the example for which I followed. The knowledge and expertise that I gained from studying them helped me to mold my guild into the highly successful and dominate guild it has been since mid BC. I have a tremendous level of respect and appreciation for both CL and MYT.

If you're looking for an old school guild with old school players that dominated the bracket during Vanilla and early-mid BC, this is the guild for you.

Good luck with the revival of MYT, Nasti. I wish nothing but the best for you guys.

(some people like Andy Dalton of the Bengals choke under pressure - most of us play much better when the chips are down).

So what you saying is Andy Dalton is just a beige water pistol? I like your style.

Users who are viewing this thread