Mage race

KainUFC

Legend
Sorry for the played out topic but mage is the only class I dont have yet and I've been cockblocked simply by the race choice for a while now. I dont know why but this is killing me.

Im weight racials and animations at about the same value here.

Goblin racials seem the most attractive but frankly I think they look horrible.

Im trying to decide between troll, orc, UD, or belf.

I dont want to roll a belf because theyre so commonplace, but lets face it they look great and they showcase gear well.

Orc caster is amazing for me but my lock is already an orc.

Sorry for the played out topic but mage is the only class I dont have yet and I've been cockblocked simply by the race choice for a while now. I dont know why but this is killing me.

Im weight racials and animations at about the same value here.

Goblin racials seem the most attractive but frankly I think they look horrible.

Im trying to decide between troll, orc, UD, or belf.

I dont want to roll a belf because theyre so commonplace, but lets face it they look great and they showcase gear well.

Orc caster is amazing for me but my lock is already an orc.

Undead; Will of the Forsaken together with Blink makes you be able to break almost any CC at least once. Touch of the Grave procs a lot, for 100s, healing you for the same amount. And the biggest part: THEY LOOK AWESOME! \m/ rock on! (look at the mage in my sig, that's the actual shooting laserbeams animation)

Last edited by a moderator:
Goblin, Undead, Female Blood Elf and Male Panda are the only viable choices. Racial wise Gob = BE > Panda = Undead. So for you I guess Blood Elf would be the best. Good luck with ur mage sir

Make a Nelf for smeld, Human for free trinket slot, Belf for silence,Goblin for Rocket Jump, or any other race for looks.

I like Draenei for mage (female . . . almost all male animations in this game are crap). +1 spell hit and a not-so-great heal. A while ago, when I made a new mage, I went human for the racial. I didn't like it much though.

Anyway, seems like you're only considering Horde (understandable) . . . I made an UD mage around the same time as the human mage. Got 2 AGMs on him months ago and he's still level 4; so yeah, I'm not so into UD. I even chose the Kramer-like hair-do, which is amusing and all but . . .

Make a belf if that's what you'd like to be. And get stacks of bloodthistle.

Lolîpop @ Laughing Skull - Community - World of Warcraft <-- example of a good looking Undead Mage.

For Horde, i would choose Undead or a big fat Panda. Panda because double food buff and 3 sec stun, Trinket stun on a warrior = Win. Plus they are 'Bouncy' so take less damage falling, they also fit clothes well. Undead is really good, glad i chose it, looks bad ass casting, and pulls of loads of the racial damage - heals which have been game changers in BGs.

Edit: Any Mage in Arcane spec should be troll. I am making another Mage (Troll) purely for Arcane.

Trolls have BiS /dance and accents.
UD have BiS /silly and funny bones.
Orcs have BiS /salute and muscle mass.
Belfs have BiS /flirt and hair.

Choose whichever persona fits you best, in my opinion. Personally, I tend to favor belfs because, just like them, all I have are good sides.

Oh, and since Nakedplumber brought up pandas I might as well add that they have BiS beer belly.

UD for looks and for the ability to counter every CC in a single fight, no question.

Considering Incapacitates (gouge and panda palm) and Disorients (scattershot, bad manner) it's not every CC :(

But still, go for undead because we seksi-yo! \m/

Undead for the reduced time spent in CC for BGs (and Cannibalize shouldn't be forgotten either) and Belf for Arenas.

Fair enough :p

Still - having blink, WotF, and trinket all at your disposal is an incredibly cool ability.

nvm that crap, I giggle like a mass murderer and I have the best dance in the game ;)

Gob is the best for mage because they have the most base intellect (as much as Belf), as mage you need mobility so the racial jump is exactly what you're looking for, and you can craft healing potions, an usefull tool for this squeeshy class.

If you're still hesitant then don't forget Touch of the grave can breaks your novas and most of the time rogues will just avoid the pandaren racial.

Considering Incapacitates (gouge and panda palm) and Disorients (scattershot, bad manner) it's not every CC :(

But still, go for undead because we seksi-yo! \m/

For BGs, anyone who still uses a monkey is silly. I stabled mine for a wolf after bad manner missing alot. (And by alot, I mean all the fucking time :( )

If you're still hesitant then don't forget Touch of the grave can breaks your novas

As of 5.2 I haven't seen TotG breaking neither my pet's nor my own nova, might just be my perception but should still be considered.

Users who are viewing this thread