Macro’s at 19

tøhzt

Legend
I’m useless with stuff like this wondering if anyone can help me do a weapon switch macro with the same item, as i’ve been told you need an addon to do it in Classic. And any others thrown in would be perfect!

Thanks

If you have two identical items with different enchants, for example: Shadowfang with Fiery and Shadowfang with Lifestealing - then as far as I know macros can't be used to swap effectively. Instead you can use AddOns such as ItemRack and bind a gearset to a hotkey. These addons can differentiate between identical weapons with different enchants.

Hi,

If you have the same item but with different enchant you CAN create a macro to swap.

First you need to find the Item and Enchant codes for those items. Easiest way is you go to the item on wowhead and take the number from the URL. Then you find the Enchant code from this list here https://wow.gamepedia.com/EnchantId

You put them together into a macro.

So I have Redbeard with Spike and Redbeard with +7stam

Spike Macro
/equip item:12997:1704

There are also some scripts you can google which will show you the codes of items in your bags and things.

Hope this helps. It's not the best reply ever if you can tell me the specific macros you want I can write them for you.

Last edited:
Hi,

If you have the same item but with different enchant you CAN create a macro to swap.

First you need to find the Item and Enchant codes for those items. Easiest way is you go to the item on wowhead and take the number from the URL. Then you find the Enchant code from this list here https://wow.gamepedia.com/EnchantId

You put them together into a macro.

So I have Redbeard with Spike and Redbeard with +7stam

Spike Macro
/equip 12997:1704

There are also some scripts you can google which will show you the codes of items in your bags and things.

Hope this helps. It's not the best reply ever if you can tell me the specific macros you want I can write them for you.

Sounds complicated hahah thankyou though! And i’ve got a shadowfang with Crusader and a shadowfang with lifestealing on my warr!

I used to use a bunch of bagslot macros for stuff like that, but I honestly wouldnt recommend it. One mixed up item and you're trying your hardest to equip two shields or some dumb shit

Users who are viewing this thread