lvl 70 dk twink? Sunwell/bt geared.

Unless you have an arena buddy, it's not really worth the effort. It takes a LOT of work to get raids set up, make them successful, and have the item you want drop and go to you. Without battlegrounds to play in, you'll find yourself standing around waiting for heroics queues, or you'll be bitching at people trying to get a raid to work.

Wouldn't be a complete waste of time, but it is definitely not for the light-hearted.

Coldspike isn't BiS, but he is a really nice guy. I used to twink at 70 with him a while ago. He used to own in instances and PVP even before he had decent gear.

Scrumped said:
If u do it right, U will hit like a motherfucking mac truck. I remember a 70 twink DK in the old immortality, He had Apolyon and everything. BiS gear, and No one could kill em, The World of Warcraft Armory - Dakeena @ Korgath - Profile here is one just as geared

Even better geared The World of Warcraft Armory - Titonz @ Korgath - Profile

Dak was our MT for a very long time and is pretty much BiS. If you are looking to be a tank DK, his armory would be good to use as reference. Titonz was one of our DPS DK's, he would often pull 3.5-4k dps in raids, and was extremely op in pvp. His armory would be a good reference for anyone interested in a dps DK.

btw i made a gear list:

crown of dath'remar

collar of the pit lord

cauldrons of perseverance

crimson paragon's cover

heroic judicator's chestguard

bladespire warbands

borderland fortress grips

girdle of the protector

felstrength legplates

myrmidon's treads

band of the abyssal lord

band of the abyssal lord

shadowmoon insignia

commendation of kael'thas

apolyon, the soul-render

sigil of the dark rider

is your DK in a 70 PVE guild that does alot of 70 content? you are talking alot of work and possibly many runs which are once a week.

apolyon, the soul-render, hope your guild is up to it. one player on my server got one on 6th SWP run....who knows? you may get lucky? in the mean time should look at other items in other raids like twinblade of the phoenix, but that is a random drop too.

XP on - off killed all DK twinks in BGs, only place one may still see them is in 2's arenas.

apolyon drops all the time. thori'dal is the item which never drops.

raiding is fun at first, gets boring when its farm farm farm farm....unless you still need items; in that case its awesome to get the drops you need. 2s are super fun though. ive never played against a good or geared DK, ive just steamrolled them...but i see no reason why they couldnt be good.

apolyon is decent as a tank wep...mostly b/c the 3 sockets for up to 90 more stamina, making a total of 165 sta. high damage and dps + threat stats....but there may be better pure tanking weps. i.e something with strength (for parry), def/dodge. would have to dual wield probs since no items were made for DKs in bc obviously....but dual wielding shouldnt be a prob

strangulate, mind freeze, and death grip are no good against healers?

also i know youve lost the account or w/e but fyi, arp is bad for unholy. its the lowest weighted stat. not very good for frost either. good for blood at better lvl 80 gear lvls. i know a lot of t6/6.5 has arp that cant be avoided, just sayin so other ppl know.

note how this guy gem'd for bad socket bonuses too: other people, dont do that. and if you're using a nightmare tear then you can socket pure strength (or what ever floats your boat) and still get meta bonus

Falkor said:
apolyon drops all the time. thori'dal is the item which never drops.

doesn't drop all the time, there are several other items in the loot table that may drop in place of that 2H sword. agree that bow is uber rare.

put it this way, my next 70 is at 64 paladin, i have been on many SWP runs with a 70 rogue and 70 hunter and seeing the drops, i won't clown around and will just offer 2000g to the raid leader for the sword.....should it drop, to keep a 80 from winning it on a roll for RP'ing and colon thumbing.

Users who are viewing this thread