Lvl 49 mage, need tips BFA

Thanks a lot Tzvetan !
Gear and other advice is exactly what's great about this thread.

I wish the armory would let you show more than 1 gear set
I haven't fully re-enchanted that crit experiment, I do have MH/OH with enchants (I have power torrent on main, the mara dagger indeed) (but OH being Book of Dead, mostly because it was purple and a goal / haven't found better yet) and chest enchant etc on my normal set (well I have an extreme glass canon set but I die a lot with it)
[doublepost=1544732608,1544731268][/doublepost]Here are my sets at the moment:
The experimental crit one:
crit.jpg

The flag runner :
flag_run.jpg

The glass canon/max intelligence (main set so far/before crit experiment):
glass_canon.jpg

[doublepost=1544733519][/doublepost]
Arcane's consistent damage is untouchable against fire and especially frost. Personally I play both arcane and fire but I prefer fire as the crits and deleting a toon in a few globals with combustion is really fun.
I find Tinder the best talent as no good player in a BG environment is gonna let you get a GPY off easily, most of the time it is weaving in Tinder fireballs with scorch for a crit and fireblast for an instant pyro.
I find Firestarter and Tinder works well together. Shimmer and Incanter's flow are the other two best.
Single target - Tinder fireball (target above 90%) to fireblast to combustion to pyro to fireblast to pyro to scorch to pyro.
Multiple targets - try to get two fireballs against two targets above 90% for insta pyro then switch to healer, combustion pyro fireblast pyro fireblast pyro scorch pyro for 4 global approx 6k damage on a 25% vers damage reduction healer.

Nice ! qq:
On https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/Paedo why the Ember Wand ? only 7 intellect and 9 secondary in main hand?

edit: armory is bugged ? at ah I see wands for 40 int

Ive been wanting to try a crit build on frost to see how many brain freeze procs can happen. @dbsprite what do you think? would the procs offset the lower int?

I don't think the procs would offset the lower int because your main damage comes from frozen targets, and you already have a high chance to crit vs frozen targets, for frost ,what i've seen is you want to pump with your freeze abilities, and if you don't have freeze abilities up you're just spamming frostbolts for brain freeze and fingers of frost procs.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/malganis/Imurpoppa not geared fully, and doing CRAZY burst as frost. I absolutely LOVE frost now. I cannot believe more people dont use it! Thanks to @dbsprite for the tips on how to use pet freeze, ice nova, and frost nova to generate some huge burst! Try it...youll like it. I cant wait to get fully geared!

Isn't it great?? I've always loved the shatter combo playstyle, and the damage is definitely there with deep shatter.

Nice ! qq:
On https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/Paedo why the Ember Wand ? only 7 intellect and 9 secondary in main hand?

edit: armory is bugged ? at ah I see wands for 40 int

Yeah it's a 40 int wand, haven't had a chance to farm the dagger
from Mara as yet, plan to do that this weekend. There is a lot of internal crit passives in fire that's why I go max int and vers, But I do plan on making a crit gear set soon.

Users who are viewing this thread