lvl 10 lock viable?

eh, you cant get enough haste anymore to really make em work like they did in the glory days.

librams are gone and clothies cant use 2h maces/axes for the counterweight, so no. ..mm, you could try for a crit build, but again i dont think it'll work.

I had a 10 lock and spent a good portion of the BG's dead. They get one shoted way easy.

I have decided to move them up to 14 and i think it will make a difference. We will see.

Yeah. A 10 'Lock would be crushed in the bg's. And the Void would do no good, he doesn't get any useful abilities (Consume Shadows, Sacrifice) until the higher levels. You'd just be the lowbie of the group and top the charts for deaths, no offense. With what everyone else said, nerfing them and all, Warlocks aren't very good at 10. You may be able to be an okay CC, if you stayed/hid in a big group. Level 19 is a whole 'nother story...

I don't think a level 10 lock would be too too great, BUT you could use those shoulders on a hunter ^^ The SP is usless (obviously) but the crit and the stam are very nice at level 10...

Wait, can someone please explain haste to me? Last time I checked, at levels 10-19, 5.0 points of haste were worth 1% decreased casting speed. And the only way I knew how to get haste was through the + 10 Glove Enchant. Can someone tell me otherwise? Is there a piece of BoA gear that gives haste at 10-19? Even if their was, if it gave you... let's say 15 points of haste rating, and you had the glove enchant, isn't that still only 5%? I don't see how that's much faster..

A lvl10 Priest would be worse than a lock. Not nearly the dps or survivability. PW:S = worthless at 10.

Yeah...I don't see clothies being too too useful at 10, I'm sure demetori will work his CC mage, but without 10 haste to helm gloves and pants, locks aren't too viable anymore D:

No there are not viable unless you like seeing resitst a lot.

Retrogad said:
Wait, can someone please explain haste to me? Last time I checked, at levels 10-19, 5.0 points of haste were worth 1% decreased casting speed. And the only way I knew how to get haste was through the + 10 Glove Enchant. Can someone tell me otherwise? Is there a piece of BoA gear that gives haste at 10-19? Even if their was, if it gave you... let's say 15 points of haste rating, and you had the glove enchant, isn't that still only 5%? I don't see how that's much faster..

10 haste rating gives 4.73% haste at level 19, and I'm not expert on level 10s but I believe it's around 23% at level 10.

Spooksters said:
Well seeing resists a lot can be almost completely avoided by 5 hit on boots can't it...?

Hit rating makes your spells no longer Miss, which is not the same as being resisted.

Ertai said:
Hit rating makes your spells no longer Miss, which is not the same as being resisted.

Are you sure about this? I don't think I've seen a spell say "miss" since wotlk came out, I thought they joined it together and it was just resist now...hmm

Simple Answer: No, twinking a level 10 warlock is like twinking a level 10 priest... They are extremely hard to or its just impossible now that librams are unavailable.

- Cookie

Spooksters said:
Are you sure about this? I don't think I've seen a spell say "miss" since wotlk came out, I thought they joined it together and it was just resist now...hmm

this isn't true. I was leveling my mage and i missed a fireball. On a related-ish topic, i just talked to a gm who gave me a refund for the shoulders. Maybe trade the SK clothie shoulders and get the hunter mail ones, and make a hunter (lol)

Spooksters said:

I'm positive, and would even test it on my Mage if I felt the need.

Users who are viewing this thread