Looking for priest help

Hey, i wanna make a 29 priest, im looking for something that can do some decent damage and healing, and still survive well, is disc priest right for me?

Can someone give me a guide or an armory of a really good geared priest?

thank you ^^

Disc looks pretty nice yea, my warlock can't seem to do shit against them xD

shadow seems to do decent damage though?

I wouldn't say shadow is gimp ...

I often run into this guy The World of Warcraft Armory

and he only needs to DoT me up, and I'll be at 20% hp in no time. Maybe it's a different story if it's a premade ... but on his own, he's about as strong as T-1000.

I guess it helps to be able to dispell and heal ...

StokesTerenas said:
shadow seems to do decent damage though?

Their damage output can be insane: Pain ticks for around 90 with good gear and devouring plague for around 80+. Add to that mindblast crits for 450-500. Since they can absorb most of the incoming burst with their shield, they will be able to outlast most opponents.

Just wrote up this quickly so i can use it to refernce:

Head:

Holy shroud - Holy Shroud - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Spellpower Goggles Extreme - Spellpower Goggles Xtreme - Thottbot: World of Warcraft (s)

Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator - Electromagnetic Gigaflux Reactivator - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Neck:

River pride choker - River Pride Choker - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Crystal Starfire Medallion - Crystal Starfire Medallion - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Shoulder:

Tattered Dreadmist Mantle - Tattered Dreadmist Mantle - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle - Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Berylline Pads -

Cloak:

Battlehealer's Cloak - Battle Healer's Cloak - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Chest:

Robes of Arugal - Robes of Arugal - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Inferno robe - Inferno Robe - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Civinad Robes - Civinad Robes - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Bracer:

Glowing magical bracelets - Glowing Magical Bracelets - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Gallan cuffs - Gallan Cuffs - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Weapon:

Skullbreaker - Skullbreaker - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Dignified Headmaster's Charge - Dignified Headmaster's Charge - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Offhand:

Tome of the Dawn - Tome of the Dawn - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Witch's Finger - Witch's Finger - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Wand:

Banshee Rod of the Sun - Banshee Rod - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Dancing flame - Dancing Flame - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Gloves:

Resilient Handgrips - Resilient Handgrips - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Truefaith gloves - Truefaith Gloves - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Belt:

Defilers Cloth Girdle - Defiler's Cloth Girdle - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Legs:

Elders pants of healing + 16

Gaze dreamer pants - Gaze Dreamer Pants - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Boots:

Defilers Cloth boots - Defiler's Cloth Boots - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Rings:

Advisors Ring

Seal of Argas - Quest: Never Again! - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Deadmans hand - Deadman's Hand - Thottbot: World of Warcraft

Trinkets:

Insignia of the Horde

Discerning eye of the beast

Arena grand master

i like to think mine is ok.

[char=Aegwynn]Gripz[/char]

yes i know i'm holy....and it does suck, but i'm stubborn and had too see for myself:p

i have a lot of mana which is always nice + my intellect elixer

if i had some boa gear i could probably make a sp set, but mine is fairly balanced, maby a tad low on health but with renews doing 133 a tick i do fine

great priest that, ive just transferred my level 24 one to my second account, should have enough exp to twink 29.

yup. i have the renew glyph. I really like it. I spam renew constantly.

i respec'd disc tonight btw.....armoury is just too slow : P

got my inferno robe, robe of arugal hasnt dropped yet though :( hate SFK. Would you reccomend i do the huge quest chain (20k xp) for the dancing flame wand?

for rings you can also get Charged gear of the owl. and for a neck you can get the one from the rare bat in RFK or +3mp5 neck

Spellsurge is pretty fucking useless, imo. If you casting close to OOM youre gonna want the sp for bigger heals or more pre-ventitve absorbtion, if you're not casting you want more mp5+spirit.

30 int on SBK -> 30 sp on BoA Mace -> 30 spirit on a regen mace/staff.

And Glyph of Renew is nice, esp if being purged, but dispell and inner fire are also equally amazing.

I was trying to think of the word, and yeah, ended up hyphonating it. Im glad my spelling error was able to amuse you, as well as relieve you from need to point them out. As for "the other spelling errors", if you're referring to missing apostrophes, thats just sad.

While I used spellsurge on a 29 pally, I still dont *really* see its 'pro' worth.

First, you start with ~100 mana less. Then, as a priest (same with droods) a large component of your regen comes from not casting for five seconds, and a large part of your mana efficiency comes from +sp when you cast spells.

I garuntee that a renew and PW:S with ~60 more spellpower and then not casting for 5+ more seconds while your shield and hot protects your healing target will generate more mana for you than spamming heals with spellsurge, and THEN only switching back to a sp weapon. In the meanttime, all the heals with the spellsurge weapon equipped while waiting on a proc are far less mana efficient.

If you're in a situation where renew+PW:S won't keep a target up for long enough to regen a bit of mana, dropping some spellpower is a bad idea - your target is more likely to die. Two people alive and you oom is better than you alive, him/her dead, and you at half mana. >.>

Finally, I guess I *can* see the benefit in serious 5s or preforms; I've never preformed with my 29s. In pugs, however, I seriously doubt the +100 mana to other party members will be of much benefit at all.

bored of all this arguing shit, trying to offend each other over petty spelling mistakes, PRETY COOL.

Anyway yea spellsurge, doesn't look amazing really. Think i'm gonna get soulfrost on skullbreaker since im gonna try shadow.

btw if your gonna call the guy a downer then dont try to fucking hide it.

Its BOA Staff with 22 int, BOA mace with 30 sp and omega orb OH, skullbreaker with spellsurge and witches finger OH / wind spirit with 20 spirit when oom in between casts and out of combat... soulfrost 54 shadow damage and 11 shadow damage OH (if u can find it) only give you one more spell power than boa mace and omega OH at the cost of heals (because you still need to heal yourself) and the chance at a nice proc.... when you have 3 or so using this in your 10 man or a couple on your 5's team this is leet. also i dont like the glyph of renew only because it creates problems within the 5 second rule imo. its situational but the glyph of dispel and pw:s are both far superior imho. just my two cents on what ive read

Users who are viewing this thread