Loadout - Outrageous Arena Shooter That's All About Guns

Broken

Legend
So, how many people out there are playing this outrageously fun and crazy arena shooter?

For those who don't know about it, Loadout is a relatively new arena-shooter. Some of it's prominent features are:
  • It's F2P - You can purchase cosmetics, taunts (kinda like emotes), etc, but not actual weapons. i.e it's not pay to win at all. However, you can unlock some cosmetics for free through playing.
  • Diverse weaponcrafting - There's a huge bunch of options and you can pick whatever you like. Want a rifle with a faster firing rate? Perhaps you'd like a rocket launcher that electrocutes? There are no classes. You have to make your own gun from scratch and that's what'll define you. You unlock different parts from the tech tree, with currency from matches (unlocking isn't too difficult and definitely not a huge grind).
  • Blood, gore and exploding bodies. Blow it, shock it, make it glow - I really loved this aspect of the game. It's not the scary type of gore you find in horror games but more like the fun, comical type you'd get in UT or Quake but 100 times better. All those glowy weapons and the cartoon-ish feel just make it a lot more enjoyable!
  • Variety in maps and weapon options that will continuously expand!
It's a pretty fun game to pass away the time with. Queues are generally short so you can just jump in, play matches and leave whenever.

And something I personally noticed is that the graphics engine is pretty neat. I PvP in both WoW and Loadout at low / medium graphics at a stable 40-60 fps, even though Loadout has got a lot more glowing, explosions and generally better looking graphics. If you're the type of guy that generally avoids newer games because of their usually higher system requirements, then don't let that stop you here!

I outlined the "main features" in my own words but you should check out:
Gameplay screenshots from their site - Yup, bodies do blow up and there's a tonne of explosions

CFL7gtC.jpg

PSvNWGX.jpg

YfsLZhh.jpg

Lemme rephrase that question then. Who hasn't picked up this ludicrously fun and kickass game yet?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread