Little Shammy :3

Oniyui

Legend
Hello... so I've come to play in your lovely little bracket, and thought I'd make a post to introduce myself to this section of the TI forums.

My name is Yui.

I often go by Oni, Kiki, or just Yui.

The start of my wow career happened last Easter. I was introduced to the game's Starter Edition from a friend of mine, who'd enticed me with stories about the game's pvp. I'd never taken much interest in MMORPG games before then, focusing attention on other pvp and social games.

My first months playing WoW were the least interesting to me, but looking back are quite humorous. I'd spent most of my time on Kalimdor, a Draenei hunter, with nobody to talk to or pvp with, just drifting through quests to find the best gear a lvl 20 could muster. I didn't think there'd be any way a 20-minute dungeon with multiple people in it would have any more significant gearing advantage over the long, painfully farmed gear of low level questing. Boy was I wrong.

At some point, Darkmoon Faire came along and I was whisked away to Elwynn Forest. This of course scared the crap out of me, wondering just how far I'd been taken away from my quests. However, I quickly remembered my hearthstone, and was content to travel from one continent to another via Darkmoon Mystic Mage and Hearthstone, and this opened up a whole new continent to quest in. I don't think I ever entered the fairgrounds. I actually thought that Goldshire was the Darkmoon Faire. Looking back... I wasn't that far off.

A travesty foiled my plans of conquest to get better gear. One day, the Darkmoon Mystic mage disappeared. All my questing in Westfall were now obsolete, impossible to continue. It seemed rather bizarre to me, of course, so I did some online searching about the mystic mage. And then found out about Goldshire. So on and so forth it lead me to the discovery of a boat... those docks in Ruth'eran were actually there for a reason, who knew?

Not long after that I met other 20s in goldshire. They were all hunters, with significantly better gear. I asked about it, and got into some dungeons. Then, I got ready for pvp. At last, the one thing that drew me into starting this addicting game in the first place... nearly a month of wondering what people saw in the game... finally I was getting into the action I was after.

Blah blah blah, in the early summer I started falling in love with Shammies. Along comes 2013, a friend gets sick of seeing me at lvl 20 all the time and buys me a battle chest. Someone tells me not to play 80, so I give 70 a shot. Now, I'm playing around with gearing this little honey:

Oniyui @ Moon Guard - Community - World of Warcraft

Got a little ways to go yet, some honor/rep to farm, some recipes to discover, etc. etc.

So be nice and say hi, gank me all you like, just please don't teabag. We'll have some fun in the battlegrounds. ^-^

Love love, peace and harmony
You look very pretty today

—Oni—

P.S. queue AV!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hurro stranger. :p

Haha, I don't get tired of that Darkmoon story. Keeps reminding me of how I was shown the SW > IF tram and got stuck in Dun Morogh for a few days >.>

Regardless, willkommen to 70s!

I'll say something nice for once. Welcome
JK I'm not nice. Find a better guild. Twisted Nethers is full of bads ;)
See you soon.

Sounds like my first toon (a NE hunter) wandering around questing, not really knowing what else to do. When suddenly my friend summoned me with his lock (this was in TBC) and I was all of a sudden in the middle of the gurubashi arena (I had somehow managed to get to level 35 or so) and there were a ton of people in there (in hindsight it was like 9 but that's 8 more than I'd seen at one time in the whole game) and some of them were lower level than me.

I think I stayed there for the next 3 weeks just fighting people until I started getting ganked then I looked up a bunch of stuff and eventually learned how stupid I was.

Those first few months ( or a year) of wow are the best, ignorance is bliss as they say. Can't say I enjoy the game more or less now that I actually know how to play, definitely a different game when you actually learn it (sunwell scared the shit out of me the first time, didn't know what to do. No idea how the hell I was allowed on that raid team)

Welcome to the party, just cause you came late doesn't mean you can't be the life of it! (TF2 reference anyone?)

Those first few months ( or a year) of wow are the best, ignorance is bliss as they say. Can't say I enjoy the game more or less now that I actually know how to play, definitely a different game when you actually learn it (sunwell scared the shit out of me the first time, didn't know what to do. No idea how the hell I was allowed on that raid

Oh, Val can attest to my first Sunwell run being nothing short of an amusing disaster. How was I supposed to know how the fire was spreading? I ran around in a panic, Val's raid warnings getting angrier, sparing nobody from the flame. Somebody took pity and finally just said "stop moving" instead of "stop spreading..." and after a brief whisper and slap on the wrist from Val, I was allowed to finish the raid with my little blue tail between my legs.

I also died about 16 times. It's a wonder they promoted me and gave me guild repairs... >.>

Oh, Val can attest to my first Sunwell run being nothing short of an amusing disaster. How was I supposed to know how the fire was spreading? I ran around in a panic, Val's raid warnings getting angrier, sparing nobody from the flame. Somebody took pity and finally just said "stop moving" instead of "stop spreading..." and after a brief whisper and slap on the wrist from Val, I was allowed to finish the raid with my little blue tail between my legs.

I also died about 16 times. It's a wonder they promoted me and gave me guild repairs... >.>

Little time to pay attention to new members I'm afraid ( 'swhy I love my officers! ), not to mention the short attention span my guildies mock me of constantly >> Sowwie, lol. But yes, she did make it out rather safely, maybe a burn here and there. Nothing major!

When suddenly my friend summoned me with his lock (this was in TBC) and I was all of a sudden in the middle of the gurubashi arena

Oh dear.. that reminds me when my douche friend of a lock started summoning his entire friend's list one day back in vanilla. He had underwater breathing along with the friends aiding him. Deep and far away enough from the shores of Tanaris to have us unable to reach the surface before our oxygen ran out.

I feel terrible to this day. >> lol

Users who are viewing this thread