Linked f2p bank xp?

They do bank xp, they are basically considered F2P account, due to the game license beeing different (even if they are under the same bnet account).

You can't even lock XP on a f2p lvl 20. Tried it on one of my hc chars, you still bank XP. You can stop XP up to lvl 19 on f2p.

Apologies for beating a dead horse, but could someone expand/clarify this "banked" XP concept for me? I'm less than a week into my first F2P/Vet character and find myself nervous about resubbing at some point in the future due to "banking" experience on my 20. If there's a thread that expands on this, I'd be glad to give it a read.

Here's my situation:

I've been subscribed to WoW on and off since the launch of the game. A few days ago (while unsubscribed), I created a new character and got him to level 20. If I were to resubscribe tomorrow and log back into my 20, would he magically shoot to level 30 or something? Can you visually see any indication that you've banked XP before resubscribing?

I've seen conflicting answers on F2P versus Veteran banked XP behavior, so maybe the only definitive way to figure this out would be to level another toon to 20, do a few quests, subscribe, and log onto them instead of rolling the dice on a character I've spent dozens of hours farming on already.

For reference, here's what my XP bar looks like - no rested XP or anything suggesting I'll gain a bunch of levels upon resubscribing:
1689342817960.png

Thanks!

@Tham If the account has previously been subscribed then it is a vet and will not bank XP. Only accounts listed as "Starter Edition" bank XP.

Apologies for beating a dead horse, but could someone expand/clarify this "banked" XP concept for me? I'm less than a week into my first F2P/Vet character and find myself nervous about resubbing at some point in the future due to "banking" experience on my 20. If there's a thread that expands on this, I'd be glad to give it a read.

Here's my situation:

I've been subscribed to WoW on and off since the launch of the game. A few days ago (while unsubscribed), I created a new character and got him to level 20. If I were to resubscribe tomorrow and log back into my 20, would he magically shoot to level 30 or something? Can you visually see any indication that you've banked XP before resubscribing?

I've seen conflicting answers on F2P versus Veteran banked XP behavior, so maybe the only definitive way to figure this out would be to level another toon to 20, do a few quests, subscribe, and log onto them instead of rolling the dice on a character I've spent dozens of hours farming on already.

For reference, here's what my XP bar looks like - no rested XP or anything suggesting I'll gain a bunch of levels upon resubscribing:
View attachment 23177

Thanks!
You can mouse over your XP bar and it will tell you how much banked XP you have and what level you would jump to if you subscribe.

Attachments

• bankedxp.jpg
    bankedxp.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 52
Thanks for the responses! That picture is very helpful - very clear and transparent way to tell if you're character/account is banking experience.

Users who are viewing this thread