Like/Dislike/Winner/Informative/Funny

I know there are many variations to interact with a post on Xenforo. Each convey a different meaning, depending on the context. I've noticed it significantly cuts down on mindless "chatter" posts agreeing/disagreeing/commentating on a single individuals post.

For example, someone makes a troll post in a thread. Instead of 3 people chiming in to voice their displeasure with that single post, derailing a thread, they can simply "dislike" it.

Or someone posts a tidbit of information, or even a guide. Well is that just "like" worthy? Nah that gets an "informative" badge.

Or someone talks up their game, and you manage to beat it up and take an SS. Lowkey post the SS in the thread, reap "WINNER" badges.

I know there are many variations to interact with a post on Xenforo. Each convey a different meaning, depending on the context. I've noticed it significantly cuts down on mindless "chatter" posts agreeing/disagreeing/commentating on a single individuals post.

For example, someone makes a troll post in a thread. Instead of 3 people chiming in to voice their displeasure with that single post, derailing a thread, they can simply "dislike" it.

Or someone posts a tidbit of information, or even a guide. Well is that just "like" worthy? Nah that gets an "informative" badge.

Or someone talks up their game, and you manage to beat it up and take an SS. Lowkey post the SS in the thread, reap "WINNER" badges.
A like / dislike system is something we have in mind and hopefully will see the day light soon:) Another thing we had in mind for certain forums was a reddit like system, where the post with most up-votes would get shown as the top comment etc, but ye we are trying to figure out the best solution^^

A like / dislike system is something we have in mind and hopefully will see the day light soon:) Another thing we had in mind for certain forums was a reddit like system, where the post with most up-votes would get shown as the top comment etc, but ye we are trying to figure out the best solution^^
Yea I guess I'm unsure of what the backend looks like for this stuff. I guess it's different than just flipping a switch :p
Just a like/dislike is too vanilla though. Variety is the spice of life.
The Reddit method is an interesting proposition. Threads and subthreads create distinct lines of discussion akin to quoting, but even more streamlined. I don't think the voting-for-visibility system would work well in a forum so small though.
Interested to see what you guys come up with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread