Life as a 60s DF, Part 2

maraki

So what is available for 60 twinks now? Nothing. As of the new patch, Mar 21, the highest gear is normal pve 246 or manual instance 285. Neither of these ilvls comes close to the target which is 300. This is why DF is an issue for twinks. The levelers are more mad than usual, the stuns have grown exponentially (because of team imbalances), the afk rate is astronomical, and the faction anger is peaking. Even if you wanted to exploit, they are all gone. The rep gear is supposed to be nerfed today with a level cap. The ring grind seems to be incurring a higher XP demand and making it impossible in one level. Most importantly, the 350s from dirt, chests, backpacks and rares are gone - they have been nerfed to 226. What this means is that with what is available, a player cannot be competitive.

This brings further problems. Even if one wanted to scrounge DF content for some remaining drops, secret treasure or the ring, what is the chance that this character could outfit his other slots? The answer: 0. The 304s are mostly gone and when you pay 400k for one and get stats that are less than desirable, you see how hard it is to glue a twink together in DF.

In addition, bad teams have gotten worse. Why? because non-exploited characters are not very good. Ilvls around 250-275. They bring the team down. The levelers seem worse than normal and this probably also because of the dearth of available legal SL gear on the AH and in pve content. It might also just be that wow levelers are getting worse.

Why do stuns increase on bad teams? Nobody seems to understand this. So, I'll tell you. First of all: there are too many stuns and too little duration reduction. By stuns I mean fears, ccs, etc. Anything that messes up your character. Whatever keeps you from fighting back or healing. The real problem is the team imbalances. They are so imbalanced that often a twink is in with 8-9 levelers are low-level twinks that cant get gear. They are so bad that they can't kill any players on the superior team. When a twink is fighting 10 instead of 1 enemy, the stun pool grows exponentially. I have been told that stuns diminish back-to-back even from different players. I haven't experienced this. But even if they do, enough of them will surely stun you literally to death. Another issue, is the full-strength stun from the ungeared player. When an ilvl 180 player with 0 gear can stun you for ten seconds, it causes a much greater impact to the game. So I will sum up my complaint: The impact of stuns on bad teams have a disproportionate effect on the outcome of the game.

The question is just what gear you can get. The answer: 246 in ZM if lucky, maybe 252 with fully leveled drops, or 278-285 in manual instances. You can NOT q for SL dungeons or raids and nobody knows why. It is another reason why exploiters get rewarded, content players do not.

How do I buy 304 gear? The answer is that there is so little that you have to hop from realm to realm checking AHs. Roll a 1 on any "FULL" high pop realm and check the availability. If there aren't 3-4 mail pieces and you have a hunter, don't transfer to that realm. But that is how you get some 304s. It is expensive both in gold and real money.

The problem with all gearing solution is (as all of DF twinking) once you get some semblance of gear, you are at the mercy of the imbalanced bgs. You get 300 ilvl after spending all the time and money and you can't compete with a grandfathered exploiter with 335 ilvl. It's not possible.

Maraki, I agree with a lot of this sentiment, as of now there is really no legitimate way to gear a lvl 60 up to a decent ilvl for pvp. I disagree with grandfathered gear on principle, I think it's bad for overall population of the game when a new player without DF comes into a bg, gets destroyed, and then finds out there's not actually any way to gear up to match the twinks running around already. IMO Blizz made a bad call removing the fated raids and not providing any sort of baseline pvp gear obtainable at 60. Paying for a bunch of xfers to pick up the few remaining 304 boes seems unreasonable. The truth is that Blizz doesn't really care about lvl 60s without DF, they just want people to buy the xpac and play 70s. Seems like a bad call to me, if people cancel their subs because the game is so broken it's going to cost them a lot more in the long run.

Although I will say that I'm not sure why you are in this predicament....there were plenty of warnings in the 50/60 ally com to get your gear in the weeks before DF launched when everyone had access to SL for free and it was easy to push rating in solo shuffle.

Maraki, I agree with a lot of this sentiment, as of now there is really no legitimate way to gear a lvl 60 up to a decent ilvl for pvp. I disagree with grandfathered gear on principle, I think it's bad for overall population of the game when a new player without DF comes into a bg, gets destroyed, and then finds out there's not actually any way to gear up to match the twinks running around already. IMO Blizz made a bad call removing the fated raids and not providing any sort of baseline pvp gear obtainable at 60. Paying for a bunch of xfers to pick up the few remaining 304 boes seems unreasonable. The truth is that Blizz doesn't really care about lvl 60s without DF, they just want people to buy the xpac and play 70s. Seems like a bad call to me, if people cancel their subs because the game is so broken it's going to cost them a lot more in the long run.

Although I will say that I'm not sure why you are in this predicament....there were plenty of warnings in the 50/60 ally com to get your gear in the weeks before DF launched when everyone had access to SL for free and it was easy to push rating in solo shuffle.
Thats a good point. I am not computer literate and was not a participant in beta, like the real successful DF player/xfers were. I just missed out and that's on me. But my point really is, here, what we do at this point and what it means. I'm trying not to make it about me. Im content being in the top 10% of the twinks (I hope). That's where I was last Xpac.

Users who are viewing this thread