Level squish coming affect on twinking

There's no leaks on what the new f2p levels will be, or how the level squish is going to work. No one knows anything, this is a wishlist, or saying you called it if they fuck f2p over.

My Hope's along with many of you guys is that vanilla is entirely f2p, and we have twinks with tier 2/2.5/3. I would have zero desire to subscribe at that point.

I can't see Blizzard making a decision to force all current F2P players' characters becoming redundant and then forcing them to level new ones. Most likely is Vanilla (1-20) will become F2P in its entirety.

I'm not sure how you think things are going to work but f2p toons will probably become 1-10 and vanilla will be 1-20 or 1-30. Our toons won't become redundant. We won't have to level new ones. There will just be a "10" on our character frame instead of a "20".
[doublepost=1563480738,1563479778][/doublepost]It occurs to me that there's an outside chance that they keep levels 1-20 as free while everyone gets turned into a lvl 10... so we have to relevel and re-gear

Yikes

i doubt van wow will be 1-30, even if they do a 50% squish. 1-20 imo seems more likely. if F2Ps are made 5's or 10's no matter what the level squish, i foresee more access to content, dungeons, quests, and gear like what occurred in BFA with all stonetalon and wetlands quests were made available for F2P

blizz has thrown around the idea of expanding F2P, but each time it comes down to doing it, they have withdrawn with a "no plans at his time" type statement.

i just wonder what will become of my F2P 55 DK and where it will fall? maybe playable?

If 60 become 20 and F2P remains up to lvl 20 it will be so sick.
Like that i don't even know if people would play/twink in classic

i doubt van wow will be 1-30, even if they do a 50% squish. 1-20 imo seems more likely. if F2Ps are made 5's or 10's no matter what the level squish, i foresee more access to content, dungeons, quests, and gear like what occurred in BFA with all stonetalon and wetlands quests were made available for F2P

blizz has thrown around the idea of expanding F2P, but each time it comes down to doing it, they have withdrawn with a "no plans at his time" type statement.

i just wonder what will become of my F2P 55 DK and where it will fall? maybe playable?

Interesting though abt the DK. Wonder what level those & demon hunters would start at

If 60 become 20 and F2P remains up to lvl 20 it will be so sick.
Like that i don't even know if people would play/twink in classic
Best case scenario for F2P is that vanilla content goes 1-20 while trial account cap is set at 10. There's absolutely no way they're gonna let you run MC and AQ for free while trying to get people to sub to classic.

There's absolutely no way they're gonna let you run MC and AQ for free while trying to get people to sub to classic.
To be honest i don't think Activision Blizzard wan't Classic as the best success it could be.

For me they only do that in order to " kill " a little private server and minimize the fight against them. (Copyright, Revenue, blah blah blah..). It's not for us, comon if Blizzard would listen us it would have been the case for a long time.

And the company will make some action each time to prevent Retail wow to suffer to much.
8.2 was out ; Beta closed
Mythic race ; Stress test delayed
Able to play classic ; Retail subs
They will always find something.

Now we just have to wait Blizzcon to hear about 9.0 lvl squish, and then prepare our new twink

To be honest i don't think Activision Blizzard wan't Classic as the best success it could be.

For me they only do that in order to " kill " a little private server and minimize the fight against them. (Copyright, Revenue, blah blah blah..). It's not for us, comon if Blizzard would listen us it would have been the case for a long time.

And the company will make some action each time to prevent Retail wow to suffer to much.
8.2 was out ; Beta closed
Mythic race ; Stress test delayed
Able to play classic ; Retail subs
They will always find something.

Now we just have to wait Blizzcon to hear about 9.0 lvl squish, and then prepare our new twink
Activision wants to make money. I dont fault them for that. I think a lot of their decisions are shortsighted and misguided but I also recognize that there's no way they could have known decisions they were making would turn out to be terrible ideas (like balancing the game around 3v3, introducing DKs, flying mounts, increasing level cap every xpac, etc)

That said, I think it's odd that you're upset that they would support retail. Retail is their game, why wouldnt they support it? Trying to appeal to a very small group of players who only want to play a 15 year old version of their game is a really bad idea. And prioritizing that over trying to fix their current release is... just stupid.

They have a very real opportunity to be like "yea man, we strayed from the path. But Classic and the enthusiastic support it received have really shown us what it is people love about this game. We'll be returning to those roots in our next xpac, here's how... " and while they'll probably bungle it, I think thats what theyre hoping to do. So why ditch retail?

I think that Chops is 100% on the money. They can cash in on multiple markets here, just look at similar situations in games like Runescape / OSRS. Mentioning that though, imagine what would happen if Blizzard decided to continue developing classic with new content, similarly to how OSRS operates? Community driven and polled updates, etc.

if Blizzard decided to continue developing classic with new content, similarly to how OSRS operates? Community driven and polled updates, etc.

Yeah.. there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth from the ‘No Changes’ crowd right before they set themselves on fire!

I feel like that's the only way to keep the game alive and thriving though

I feel the same way, although I believe the WoW crowd doesn't see that option and believes releasing "tbc server" then "wrath server" is the way to go. Now I don't see THAT as a good option

edit: when you've played osrs the solutions seems so good and obvious...

I feel the same way, although I believe the WoW crowd doesn't see that option and believes releasing "tbc server" then "wrath server" is the way to go. Now I don't see THAT as a good option

edit: when you've played osrs the solutions seems so good and obvious...
they could, alternately, just go the EQ route and let WoW fall off till a small contingent of die-hards are all that remain and just release a small xpac a year, all while they refocus on other titles.

Though, gimme that TBC server...

I feel like that's the only way to keep the game alive and thriving though

Not necessarily disagreeing. But I’m not sure Blizzard sees a need to keep Classic ‘alive and thriving’. To them I think it is a way to appease a subset of the WoW fans, get the same group to subscribe to the ‘retail’ game rather than support pirate servers, protect their IP, and be a value added feature to regular subscribers to hopefully keep them entertained (and therefore subbed) during content droughts. There is probably also a wee bit of desire to maintain an archival version for posterity’s sake...

BTW welcome to the site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread