Level one pally

ganksta

Legend
How are they? are they just like warriors? just curious, ganna roll a new level one and im just experimenting.

Thanks in advance Gankedsta

I haven't looked into this for a while, so I may be wrong on a bit of this, but...

(Nor have I seen an updated comprehensive guild comparing level one options post-4.0)

The difference between warriors and paladins at level 1 should only be the special attacks they have. Crusader Strike is an instant attack, and uses mana, which since you don't need for anything else at level one, you have a near unlimited supply of. Heroic Strike (not sure if it is an instant strike as well now) requires rage, which you need to build up by being in combat.

Regardless, paladins (seem) > warriors at level 1.

Buynlarge said:
I haven't looked into this for a while, so I may be wrong on a bit of this, but...

(Nor have I seen an updated comprehensive guild comparing level one options post-4.0)

The difference between warriors and paladins at level 1 should only be the special attacks they have. Crusader Strike is an instant attack, and uses mana, which since you don't need for anything else at level one, you have a near unlimited supply of. Heroic Strike (not sure if it is an instant strike as well now) requires rage, which you need to build up by being in combat.

Regardless, paladins (seem) > warriors at level 1.

Have to agree with this, and paladins> warriors at any level

I'm afraid it is Warriors > Paladins. I have a level one paladin, and they require WAY to much hit rating. You would do alot better with a warrior.

My level 1 is a pally. I had him since 2008 and for most of the time I actually regretted not rolling a warrior. His dps was bad for most of the time. Crusader strike now make him ok with dps.

The only way a pally might be OK is with full hit BoAs and 5 hit boots and 9 strength to wrist + 15 str weapon AND 7 strength gloves... and 4 stats to chest on boa hit chest

lipeckiz said:
I'm afraid it is Warriors > Paladins. I have a level one paladin, and they require WAY to much hit rating. You would do alot better with a warrior.

umad cus u have no heirlooms?

I do have BoAs.. I'm not mad at all

lipeckiz said:

palas and wars scale the same from hit.

palas never run out of mana and sader strike deals much more dmg than strike.

strike do have 1.5s less CD so if you got enough rage then you would get more procs from crusader or any other procing enchant and wars do have balance stance so i think its pretty close between them, never tested anything tho.

it all depends on how much rage you can get.

a war with neverending rage will get 22% more procs total than a pala (over 50% uptime on sader for a war).

my guess on bis gear for both classes would be:

10 haste on hands

crusader on wep

9 stam on bracer

5 hit on boots

stealth on cloak (maybe resist vs casters)

dodge/resilience on chest

lipeckiz said:

Maybe I missed the patch where warriors received an innate hit bonus.

Djaeb said:
palas and wars scale the same from hit.

my guess on bis gear for both classes would be:

10 haste on hands

crusader on wep

9 stam on bracer

5 hit on boots

stealth on cloak (maybe resist vs casters)

dodge/resilience on chest

BiS gear is highly dependent on who / what you are fighting.

IE: 100% dodge rogues are great, but useless against a caster.

Granted, differences in other examples (like paly vs war gear) are less noticeable, but it's the same principle.

[10 Haste to gloves] is best overall because of the giant haste bonus it gives you.

[Crusader] is good, but lacks often procs on a faster weapon, so other enchants could be better depending on the wep. Consider lifestealing, +15 agility, +15 strength.

[9 stam] to bracers is nice, but if you already have high hp, an extra 90 isn't always better then what 5 dodge could do.

[5 hit] to boots is one of the only decent hit rating increases you get, but when fighting another level 1, the couple swings you miss really won't be that game-changing. +7 stam is decent (if you are low), Minor speed increase could be useful if you are being kited, or even +7 agility could help your crit.

/thank

Users who are viewing this thread