level 70 rogue

I'm mainly talking about the 70s bracket as a whole, it's a bursty bracket. In bgs you can get away with sacrificing survivability for Burst for 1v1 situations because of the burst, and the rogue class as of now

Okay I am not going into a debate of which is better, burst or control. I am more interested in the direct comparison between Crux of the Apocalypse and Blade of the Unrequited in the off hand.

Straight comparison is not always accurate because there are so many variables to take into account like build/talents, level scaling and the like. It is a common mistake when doing comparisons.

Best way is to plug them into a site like chardev on an atypical char of the class. Most rogues go Sub and generally go more PvE gear, so I used Stun of Frostwhisper EU for the comparison from the 70 Achievements thread.

Which is best I will leave you to decide because it depends on what and how much you value the different stats (like off hand white dps and crit rating at this level etc..):

Blade of Unrequited:

Damage Range: 262-290
White DPS (1.6 Atk Speed): 204.3
Crit Rating: 54.55%
Attack Power: 3607
Dodge: 60.51%

Crux of the Apocalypse:

Damage Range: 309-350
White DPS (1.8 Atk Speed): 220.0
Crit Rating: 53.39%
Attack Power: 3533
Dodge: 59.77%

Do you value the extra AP/Crit/Dodge and the extra that may come from buffs, or the extra white DPS and slower attack speed?

Personally I do actually think BotU may win out...

either or works, i run with a pretty strong stam/resil set so having the bonus Ap helps make up for the lack of AP i lose out on with my gear choices. either one works, its mostly personal preference and is probably a dps check of about nothing. you have to factor in the faster attack speed + higher resil to crux's lower attack speed and higher top end, BoTU is also good considering faster speed = less energy shivs, so in a pvp situation when energy pooling is what can make or break a kill, the lower energy cost of a crucial spell is worth it. once again. personal preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
But there is so much more to twinking then burst. That's hardly a portion of it.

For mutilate\PvE, I would take a 1.4 over either for more DP procs = more IP on mh.
For sub\pvp, then take BoU for the following reasons, imo:
-+22agi over crux, aside from the 44 AP, the extra crit rating is nice as well. Also dodge and whatnot. It complements your mh more then crux.
-I would still prefer a 1.4, but 1.6 is better for shivs then a 1.8

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread