Level 70 Hunter

Gems seem fine, maybe overdoing it a little bit with the crit gems, you already get +50% crit during rapid fire so you don't need that much.

I'd recommend using Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting as Marksman, and to keep your current weapon for survival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean the Careful Aim passive? Because Rapid Fire increases haste and not crit

hmmm the only thing i can think of changing is the rings to dark iron rings
Rob @ Argent Dawn - Community - World of Warcraft this is a 60 but you get the point
Do those dark iron rings scale well? I wish there was a way to see what stats gear has inside bgs to see how well they do or don't scale.

*Fx is technically right regarding the buffs when Rapid Fire is used since Careful Aim plays into it as well.

Do those dark iron rings scale well? I wish there was a way to see what stats gear has inside bgs to see how well they do or don't scale.

*Fx is technically right regarding the buffs when Rapid Fire is used since Careful Aim plays into it as well.
the rings scale incredibly well

Any tips on trinkets fellas?
These are hands down the 3 best trinkets available:
Flashing Steel Talisman - Item - World of Warcraft
Searing Words - Item - World of Warcraft
Goblin Rocket Launcher - Item - World of Warcraft

Onlydreams @ Argent Dawn - Community - World of Warcraft

I'm missing the weapon that Fx linked earlier (never drops) and another dark iron ring. Otherwise I consider this set bis for all hunters in arena. Except I haven't done any research on head pieces as I have a grandfathered enchant which makes any other head piece irrelevant to me. Although my general opinion on 3 socket heads vs metagem sockets is that the metagem is better, especially when you're going for as much crit as you are.

edit: I did the comparison: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=23534.0.0.40112.40157.40147;34333.0.0.40112.32409&l=70
It's 11 crit, 4 haste (storm helm) vs 6 agility, 5 stamina, 3% crit dmg (coif of alleria). So the coif is easily better.

Those trinkets listed will be pretty easy to farm out plus this toon is an engineer so I have that going for me as well . I hear you on that crossbow off of chromaggus . Tried farming it out for my 60 build but was never able to come across it .
If I can get coif of alleria to drop I'll consider switching out my helm

I have since continued on to the level 80-89 bracket . Currently locked at 80 farming out the remainder of my herald set so there will probably be some confusion if people check out the armory link .

Users who are viewing this thread