Level 64 twinks ruines the bracket.

Penus

Legend
The last weeks i have been twinking my warrior at 60 and soon full BiS, I have been doing alot of pvp and been getting owned by level 64s and think blizz should do something about it. :mad:

no offense but twinking is being the best you can be, lvl up to 64 if you don't like it, don't wanna lvl up to 64? THAN STFU

Eurys said:
Is AV still 51-60 in this bracket?

All battlegrounds are 60-64, as it is with all other brackets. Level 70 twinks have 74's in their BGs and 80 twinks have the same. Level 84 twinks are insane considering they can get well over 100.000 health as opposed to maybe 40k on an 80 twink. Yet nobody seems to be as adamant at complaining about it as the 60 twinks. I believe it's quite obvious that the OP is trolling, but never the less calls to attention an important issue: the fact that it's more than whining 60 twinks that will lead to the demise of this bracket. I've seen people post on the forum that they queue deliberately to tell "good, honest 60 twinks" (as if they were better people somehow?) to stop queueing.

I faced an excellent Alliance team yesterday in WSG. Despite horde having 5 rogues and 2 64's, the Allies played magnificently, especially a pair of hunters on their team, which were quick to focus down the Horde healers, and it led to a 3-0 victory to the Alliance. Granted, Horde played terribly that game and a lesser team would probably also have beat them, but the point remains that a class / level advantage can't be overcome, especially considering the low level of average skill in this brakcet. My estimation is that if you can reach 1900 at 85, you'll be among the top 10% skilled at 60-64, so any half decent player shouldn't have trouble being competitive as a 60 twink - of course, if you suck, you can always blame Blizzard for nerfing your class and allowing 64's into your BGs.

Justhealme said:
All battlegrounds are 60-64, as it is with all other brackets. Level 70 twinks have 74's in their BGs and 80 twinks have the same. Level 84 twinks are insane considering they can get well over 100.000 health as opposed to maybe 40k on an 80 twink. Yet nobody seems to be as adamant at complaining about it as the 60 twinks. I believe it's quite obvious that the OP is trolling, but never the less calls to attention an important issue: the fact that it's more than whining 60 twinks that will lead to the demise of this bracket. I've seen people post on the forum that they queue deliberately to tell "good, honest 60 twinks" (as if they were better people somehow?) to stop queueing.

There are two different things going on here that aren't related to each other, but do contribute to the issue. First off, comparing to the 70-74 bracket and 80-84 bracket can be misleading, because the situations are very different in those brackets.

By going 84, a player loses 67% of their secondary stats. In other words, an 80 with 40K health has 3X the resilience of an 84 with even 120K health. so survivability doesn't increase when going to 84. All the ICC top-tier gear remains available for 80s, as well as some very strong cata gear.

By going 74, a player loses 33% of their secondary stats. All the T6 and T6.5 gear remains available to 70s, and both PvP and PvE 70 gear is so strong that players use it regardless of level, with few exceptions. Which means 74s are squishier than 70s even though they hit harder.

By going 64, a player only loses 17% of their secondary stats (though they lose more than that in resilience, I believe). None of the T3 PvE gear is available any longer, and combined with the stats from WotLK gems, most outland gear is better at this point for new players to the bracket.

There are some classes and specs that can do well at 60. But compared to the 70 and 80 brackets, 60s have more incentive to go to 64 than 74s or 84s have. The stats scaling and gear availability work differently in the 60-64 bracket.

Which brings us to the second aspect....

Justhealme said:
I faced an excellent Alliance team yesterday in WSG. Despite horde having 5 rogues and 2 64's, the Allies played magnificently, especially a pair of hunters on their team, which were quick to focus down the Horde healers, and it led to a 3-0 victory to the Alliance. Granted, Horde played terribly that game and a lesser team would probably also have beat them, but the point remains that a class / level advantage can't be overcome, especially considering the low level of average skill in this brakcet. My estimation is that if you can reach 1900 at 85, you'll be among the top 10% skilled at 60-64, so any half decent player shouldn't have trouble being competitive as a 60 twink - of course, if you suck, you can always blame Blizzard for nerfing your class and allowing 64's into your BGs.

This is the real issue. The 60-64 XP off bracket is undergoing a rough transition right now. Most 60 XP-off players used to be more casual PvPers, and the change of the bracket to 60-64 in combination with the (at this time) strength of 64s invites more serious twinkers to min-max toward the top of the bracket.

I wish Blizzard would convert all brackets to x0 and x5, similar to what Penus said. It makes a lot more sense for their products and would give them stronger subcommunities. Until that day, many old-school casual PvPers will suffer. Currently, that leaves one option: as JustHealMe said, stepping up their game will do much to increase 60s enjoyment of the bracket.

Penus said:

You said you'd be BiS soon :( your not even nearly there, gear up, learn some tactics, I don't know, I dont have any problems at all defeating 64s which ae not rogues or DK's. Rest are pretty easy to take as a arms warrior. But then ofcourse, battlegrounds is a team event, so stick with your team, assist other DPS and help out your healers if needed (disarming melee classes, fearing people etc.) Don't just charge in and get killed by a 64 then go QQ over a forum how OP 64s are. The only problem you should have are Death Knights. I know how to nerf 64s, blizzard knows how to nerf 64s, but they won't because why should they. Live with it or move to another bracket

~ Riffa

Users who are viewing this thread