Level 20 Resources (F2P)

re: Level Twenty Twinking - FAQ, Info and Guides Index

You're just reaching now. I reported you for harassment. Leave me alone.

Im responding to something you said, but w/e bro if you want to get upset about me asking a question im not gonna stop you.

I'm not getting upset, you keep quoting/replying me trying to get me to agree to things you're saying that I never said or implied and it's childish. Now I know that you're one of "those" forum users I just won't talk to you unless I think I can help or answer any questions.

That.
Is.
All.

I quoted you directly accusing Mialo of being bad when you have no proof, youre being extremely helpful.

My proof was my assumption that Mialo was bad at ARMS WARRIOR. Not Warrior in general. Arms Warrior. Because he said he's had experience playing it and that "arms is trash roll Fury or Prot (doens't have a slow either rofl)". I replied that arms isn't a trash spec, and that he must have just been bad at ARMS WARRIOR if he didn't get good results.

But again, that's what you get when you READ.

Now you can keep on going, and over analyzing everything and reaching for an argument when there isn't one but it won't make you look like any less of a persistent jackass.

Here's a helpful tip. Next time you try to bother me with your nonsense read what I posted instead of insisting on taking what I said out of context in "x" amount of posts. You seriously sat here and posted the same thing over and over again and you were wrong in doing so every time, because you were trying to argue with me over something that didn't need to be disputed because it was an opinion based on assumptions of things that Mialo said. I could be completely wrong and I never said I was right.

Helpful tip No. 2, grow up.

Please stop arguing in here now.

Yde, can you link some of the darkmoon guides in here?

edit: looking again, you have two links...but could you make a little section so they're easier to see?

thanks.

Look again now :)

Updated extensively, backup:

Welcome!

Free-to-Play (F2P) WoW has been around for a while now, and over time a lot of people have compiled some tremendously useful information about F2P twinking. Feel free to have a look at this post (and the next), in which I've tried to index this information in an easily readable way.

I hope you have fun and will find what you are looking for here!

Good luck!

INDEX

1. Getting started with F2P

1.1 Introduction to F2P
1.2 How F2P Communities Work: The F2P Addon
1.3 F2P Communities
1.4 Videos

2. How to use the Twinkinfo Site Search

3. Class Guides

4. Very useful Guides and Threads

4.1 Creating and gearing a new toon
4.2 Maintaining a character
4.3 Twink Vanity
4.4 The Darkmoon Faire

5. Best-in-Slot Armory References

1. Getting started with F2P

There are some great introductions and threads that are a good place to start if you're new to F2P, unsure what it entails, and want to learn more about what is and isn't possible with free WoW. :)

1.1 Introduction to F2P

Start out by reading the first posts of these two threads:
Free to Play: 20 Twinking and You by Opinion
Free to Play FAQ and Information by iaccidentallytwink

1.2 How F2P Communities Work :
The F2P Addon

If you want to be able to communicate with other F2P twinks on your server (and so much more), read the following post to learn about the features of the awesome F2PAddon:
Yasueh's Macros and Addons for F2P by Yasueh

Both US and EU Realms have thriving F2P communities. If you are interested in the activities possible, have a look at: 1.4 Videos

It's possible for any player to join any community they like, for example Aerie Peak US has the largest F2P communities on both factions, consisting of of both US and EU players.

One may experience increased latency / lag connecting to for example a US server from the EU. You could install a (separate) client for your destination, or change your realmlist. If you want to know more about what this means or are interested in changing your realmlist, read the following:
European F2P Players @ US - Quick help. by lindenkron

1.3 Introduction of
F2P Communities

US-Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Aerie Peak (PvE)
New York
Horde and Alliance
How to join the Aerie Peak F2P Community! START HERE! by Ciroe
Premades, Arenas, Wargames (Horde):
Aerie Peak Arena Tournament with TCG Prizes! by youakim
Aerie Peak F2P Arena Skype Player Group by C O T U S
19 Wargame Project by Kochist
US-Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Moon Guard (RP)
Phoenix
Alliance
F2P Community on Moon Guard
by Win
Premades
US-Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Vashj (PvP)
Phoenix
Alliance
Vashj Strong!
by Galvarino
Premades
EU-Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Twisting Nether (PvP)
Frankfurt (Germany)
Alliance
Join Twisting Nether EU!
by pixie
Premades
EU-Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Aggramar (PvE)
Paris (France)
Horde
Join F2P Horde on Aggramar EU!
by Broken
Premades

Videos

Still unsure about F2P activities or joining a community? Get a great first impression by watching some videos!
Browse the F2P Movies Thread by Hiidden for a huge index of awesome videos!
To get a taste I especially recommend: Horde AP had some fun premades this weekend by Purse

2. How to use the Twinkinfo Site Search

In the upper right corner of this site you will find a search box that you can use to search the entire forum for your keyword(s):​

You can narrow it down to the F2P section by clicking on Search Forum while you're on the main F2P Twinking forum page:​

bildschirmfoto20120404u.png

You can use the Advanced Search to narrow it down further, but usually this won't be necessary. Let's say you want to farm materials for profession levelling during Darkmoon Faire, and are looking for a guide. Type Darkmoon Faire Farming, hit enter or click Search, and in a very short time you will have a small number of matching threads!​

bildschirmfoto20120404u.png

In this example both the Darkmoon Faire Mat Farming list and Rhaellia's awesome Darkmoon Faire Guide are worth checking out. <3 (More on the Faire later.)​

3. Class Guides (Write more guides, people!)

Most (but not all) of our Guides are hosted in the F2P Twink Guides section; I'll link the class guides here for easier access:

WarriorKeyser's Warrior Guide
PaladinBrokendemon's Paladin Guide
Eliot's Protection Paladin Guide / jenks33's Protection Paladin gear sets
Battlepøpe's Holy Paladin Guide
HunterPinochet's Hunter Guide / some pre-BoA Horde gear
Pinochet has also offered: "I believe BM to be the stronger hunter spec, at least for BGs. I only switch to marks/surv for short periods to **** around. I'm perfectly fine with being messaged by random people who want advice on the spec."
RogueSekcMustard's Rogue Guide
Priest
ShamanPinochet's Resto Shaman Guide
MageDeadvulcano's Mage Guide
Warlock
DruidMrCer's Druid Guide

19 Twink Guides are also a good reference for classes, gear and PvP advice.

Continued in the next post!​

4. Very useful Guides and Threads

Creating and gearing a new toon
Are you thinking about rolling a new toon and unsure what to choose?
Considerations on Rolling a Toon by solvogero

Have a question about professions?
Pinochet's Comprehensive Profession Guide

Want to farm chests?
Guide to Farming F2P BoEs from Chests by Aradiel
Scientific chest farming by Trialcasual
4.2Maintaining a character
Wondering what F2Ps can use?
All about consumables by solvogero
Getting the most out of your F2P character. by Haliaeetus

Want to get better at PvP?
Beginners Guide to PvP!! by Arknoodle
19 PvP Player Tips by Kore nametooshort
4.3Twink Vanity
Do you want to collect stuff? All of these are by solvogero! :)
On Pet Farming
Attainable titles
Cooking Recipes
Tabards to complete your Transmog set
"Attainable" Reputations

Do you want to change your look and transmogrify your gear?
F2P Transmog Sets by Zino
4.1The Darkmoon Faire
Want to make the most of the Darkmoon Faire? Learn how to obtain Justice Point / PvE BoA items, mounts, pets and more!
Darkmoon Faire Guide by Rhaellia
Darkmoon Faire Mat Farming list by Sephirus
Darkmoon Sayge's Fortune cheat sheet by Snowjobs
Best spots to farm 250 DMF trophies by solvogero

5. Best-in-Slot Armoury References

The original F2P level 20 Armory Library by leotseddap lists and links players with TI-accounts and is a great reference.

Imirak
's original F2P Rankings: PVE & PVP has been continued in the most awesome way by lofi: F2P Rankings: Achievements, HKs, and more! is a fully colour-coded list of the top-ranked 100 world F2P twinks with links and up-to-date relevant statistics, also links downloadable spreadsheets with even more players, and is just indescribably fantastic!

For a shorter overview I've tried to collect a few examples of very well geared, active players for each class.

Keep in mind that for BiS the occasional LFH, MM, RoP, Mindthrust Bracers, Drakewing Bands etc. might be missing. People might also log out in RP gear, during spec experiments, etc. Some classes can also switch between specs quite frequently, so please forgive any mistakes I made while attempting to order these. ^^ Not everyone uses Medium Armor Kits and enchants like Enchant Cloak - Minor Resistance, you can research these in Pinochet's Comprehensive Profession Guide.

Feel free to suggest more references!​

*Spirit geared​

Good luck!

A huge thank you and hug to Shft! Also thanks to everyone else who helped collecting! Hugs to Omgwtfsap, Klinda, Pino, Veinte, Mialo, Thor, Broken and Purse.

Most of all a salute to the excellent people who wrote the content I tried to index here! Thanks to Opinion, iaccidentallytwink, Yasueh, Hiidden, Purse, Swag, Ciroe, lindenkron, C O T U S, Win, Galvarino, pixie, Broken, Pinochet, Eliot, jenks33, Battlepøpe, Deadvulcano, MrCer, solvogero, Arknoodle, Aradiel, Trialcasual, Zino, Rhaellia, Sephirus, Snowjobs, leotseddap, Imirak, lofi, Goldendays for being a one-man-BiS-reference, all the 19s guides authors, and everyone else who makes this forum so useful and fun! :)

Stealing Mialo's idea to steal my idea to steal other people's ideas by linking to them in a post in a questions thread that was essentially Medan's idea inspired by Shfthappens' idea.

You might want to take Bizr out of it. I think he deleted the char :'(

You might want to take Bizr out of it. I think he deleted the char :'(

Right when he got AGM... too bad, 1 wasted AGM on AP and a skilled player gone
I guess he wasn't joking after all...

I'm ignoring the Bizr thing.
DID NOT HAPPEN
*denial*
>.<

I will edit the reference soon and take out Bizr then. :( Have to finish something first.

starting on my guide after wsg cta is over, im premading all day atm and dont have time.

This thread is amazing. Thank you for posting this, very useful information. :cool:

:D Remind me to like this in 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread