Level 19 Axe Rogue - How's this?

Wow, I'm def. using Nimble leather gloves. TY for the sweet tip!

You're welcome. click the ty button if you like :)

Grunge said:
Shadowpanther.net can help you with any AEP maths for rogue twinks you'll ever need to see.

Yeah I tried there but I'm not sure how he comes up with SF as the best OH unless it's with DW spec. It just does less dps unless the proc is worth a lot.

SF 17.8 DPS, 8.9 in the OH.

CB 15.5 DPS + .857 from AP = 16.357, 8.178 in the OH.

So far SF is .7 dps ahead.

But the 12 AP on CB adds .857 MH dps.

So CB just does more damage in the OH than shadowfang, unless the proc on SF is worth a fair bit. DPS of proc x 0.812 for a rogue with 11 hit rating is the actual dps gained from offhand procs (due to miss chance).

That number would need to be higher than about .6 after you factor in how much damage CB adds to sinister strikes (about 2, or about .5 dps when spamming SS with 2/2 imp SS).

So SF wins at 2 or higher PPM. Is it that high? It would have to be fairly high to account for a 15 aep difference as listed on shadowpanther.

by blizz adding 1H axes they are somewhat following more of gary gygax thiefs/assasin in D&D. which, btw Blizz claims was what they based alot of WOW on, but not all.

the rogue basically was a master of arms, just like a warrior in those games. surprizingly, one of the baddest specs was a staff type spec.

to top that for dungeons they are able to put on mail type armor, but in doing so for that situation lose many of their abilities. they basically become a barbarian (fury-warrior in WOW) but in mail not plate armor.

i'm not a D&D expert, so please add or correct if you see errors

shanker said:
by blizz adding 1H axes they are somewhat following more of gary gygax thiefs/assasin in D&D. which, btw Blizz claims was what they based alot of WOW on, but not all.

the rogue basically was a master of arms, just like a warrior in those games. surprizingly, one of the baddest specs was a staff type spec.

to top that for dungeons they are able to put on mail type armor, but in doing so for that situation lose many of their abilities. they basically become a barbarian (fury-warrior in WOW) but in mail not plate armor.

i'm not a D&D expert, so please add or correct if you see errors

rogues can wear plate or mail in d&d, monks however are the class that lose all their abilities. i have never played d&d, but i played pvp neverwinter, the whole game is based on d&d though. In fact I had a 10 Rogue, 18 Monk, 12 Wizard that was dex based that could eat anything alive. I Dw'ed Kama's. I sure miss Kamas, wow should add them.

Ymir said:
Yeah I tried there but I'm not sure how he comes up with SF as the best OH unless it's with DW spec. It just does less dps unless the proc is worth a lot.

SF 17.8 DPS, 8.9 in the OH.

CB 15.5 DPS + .857 from AP = 16.357, 8.178 in the OH.

So far SF is .7 dps ahead.

But the 12 AP on CB adds .857 MH dps.

So CB just does more damage in the OH than shadowfang, unless the proc on SF is worth a fair bit. DPS of proc x 0.812 for a rogue with 11 hit rating is the actual dps gained from offhand procs (due to miss chance).

That number would need to be higher than about .6 after you factor in how much damage CB adds to sinister strikes (about 2, or about .5 dps when spamming SS with 2/2 imp SS).

So SF wins at 2 or higher PPM. Is it that high? It would have to be fairly high to account for a 15 aep difference as listed on shadowpanther.

It's DEFINITELY higher than 2 PPM.

iaccidentallytwink said:
It's DEFINITELY higher than 2 PPM.

i thought that weapon procs have a 45 second internal CD. Is that correct?

Because that would drop the ppm to at most 1.25, definitely less than 2 ppm

Omgimarogue said:
i thought that weapon procs have a 45 second internal CD. Is that correct?

Because that would drop the ppm to at most 1.25, definitely less than 2 ppm

Not all weapon procs have a 45 sec CD. Where did you get this info?

The quickest way to disprove this is [ITEM]Dragon's Call[/ITEM]. You can't have 3 whelps with a 45 second CD.

iaccidentallytwink said:
Not all weapon procs have a 45 sec CD. Where did you get this info?

The quickest way to disprove this is [ITEM]Dragon's Call[/ITEM]. You can't have 3 whelps with a 45 second CD.

i thought i remember someone saying that all weapons with procs built in had the 45s CD. Nevermind. Wo whats the proc like on [ITEM]Battleworn Thrash Blade[/ITEM] ? For someone without a SF would a good setup be CB/thrash, LS/agi, or stick with wingblade OH?

Omgimarogue said:
i thought i remember someone saying that all weapons with procs built in had the 45s CD. Nevermind. Wo whats the proc like on [ITEM]Battleworn Thrash Blade[/ITEM] ? For someone without a SF would a good setup be CB/thrash, LS/agi, or stick with wingblade OH?

I've yet to pick up any BoA's so I can't really tell you, but ShadowPanther says it has 13 more AEP, so I would try it out for sure.

Omgimarogue said:
13 more AEP than wingblade? that sounds good

Since BTB proc is a MH swing, the harder you MH hits the more valuable BTB is, so it kind of depends. The proc chance is kind of low but worth it imo.

for clarification, if you have fiery on your MH, if you proc fiery with your first swing, does your 'extra attack' from the thrash blade also proc fiery? If not, does the attack have a chance to proc fiery?

Omgimarogue said:
for clarification, if you have fiery on your MH, if you proc fiery with your first swing, does your 'extra attack' from the thrash blade also proc fiery? If not, does the attack have a chance to proc fiery?

The extra attack does just that, an extra white swing with the same mechanics as a regular swing.

aether said:
check [item]Gutterblade[/item] mayb best in slot axe for 19. good stats high dps

Offhand for alliance with a DW spec, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread