Level 100-109

@MyPerfection Slootbag did a 26 hour stream and made it to 110.
  • Lvl 109 greens were about ilvl 780-782 on the stream
    Lvl 109 blues were about ilvl 789-800 on the stream

No epic upgrades happened to him at 109 whatsoever and it seems like the further you are in the story-line/quest-line of a zone, the higher ilvl the gear will be. I was wrong about the leveling rate as well. It seems just as quick as 90-100 was in WoD.

It also looked like he was able to unlock a really decent amount of artifact traits along the way, so 109 twinking is looking great right now.

Last edited:
so 109 tinking is looking great right now.

It's looking better than great. The exp on / exp off merger will mean that 100-109 is going to have almost instant pvp queues 24/7 due to capped lvl 100 accounts and people constantly levelling their alts etc. Can't wait.

Honestly I probably won't even make a lvl 110 (unless I have to for some reason).

It's looking better than great. The exp on / exp off merger will mean that 100-109 is going to have almost instant pvp queues 24/7 due to capped lvl 100 accounts and people constantly levelling their alts etc. Can't wait.

Honestly I probably won't even make a lvl 110 (unless I have to for some reason).
I'll definitely have to make a 110 just for the kick-ass mounts and any titles I can get. I'm a sucker for the vanity stuff lol.

865 ring* for 200k gold
875 full set of crafted gear and 100s can use it now, instead of 101+
hahaha so this will be the bracket for players that still want that classic feeling of severely outgearing opponents. Well played blizz.

What does your ilvl scale to in 100-109? Or what ilvl must your gear be higher than, to get the stat % increase?

What does your ilvl scale to in 100-109? Or what ilvl must your gear be higher than, to get the stat % increase?

Well wowhead says that the heirloom wod trinkets from mythic 5 mans scale to ilvl 792 @ lvl 109. So I'd imagine your average ilvl needs to be higher than 792 to gain a stats advantage in pvp. BTW if you don't have those trinkets I'd recommend you go get them now. They will soon be grandfathered and look to be very useful for grinding out artifact power in pve.

The ilvl 865 ring for 200 k gold requires lvl 101 and is sold in dalaran (from the jeweller's store). I went and checked it out on beta and the NPC who sells it, belongs to the Kirin Tor. All kirin tor npcs offer a 20% discount on any wares they sell if you are exalted with the kirin tor. That's a 40 k gold discount.

Next week is the lich king timewalking event on live. This event will be the fastest way to get exalted.

1) Complete your first wotlk timewalking dungeon and hand the 500 badges quest. Buy 10 x http://www.wowhead.com/item=129940/commendation-of-the-kirin-tor

2) Since you are now friendly, go buy the kirin tor reputation tabard from dalaran.

3) Since wotlk timewalking dungeons count as heroics, you'll be getting about 3.5 k rep per run from your tabard + badges to buy more commendations. Exalted in no time.

Also, as someone else mentioned earlier, 109 twinks will save all questing until level 109. All zones and rewards scale to your level. You'll get maximum bang for your buck at lvl 109. Level soley through pvp / dungeons. On the beta I received some order hall resources from a pvp strongbox. So you'll be able to upgrade your class hall to get that extra chance for item upgrades by the time your lvl 109 and ready for questing.

I'd also start saving gold now to get your 3 x ilvl 875 crafted pieces and the 160k(200k) ring.

The artifact power grind looks real. It may very well be fastest to queue as tank / healer and spam dungeons.

Legion Crafted gear is not limited to 3 anymore.
They changed a lot of level requirements, so i don't know right now what you can get and when.
All legendaries from legion require level 110.

@raziel83 Blizz removed that Vendor from the Kirin Tor, there is NO DISCOUNT on that ring and it's also now 250K.
@MyPerfection I recently linked a whole bunch of the newly changed Legion Craftables HERE. The TL;DR version is that 100 might be shit (other than the Artifact Weapon), 101 gets 'the Ring', and even 109 doesn't have access to the fully upgradable Crafted gear anymore.

@raziel83 Blizz removed that Vendor from the Kirin Tor, there is NO DISCOUNT on that ring and it's also now 250K.
@MyPerfection I recently linked a whole bunch of the newly changed Legion Craftables HERE. The TL;DR version is that 100 might be shit (other than the Artifact Weapon), 101 gets 'the Ring', and even 109 doesn't have access to the fully upgradable Crafted gear anymore.

Good info.

Although they could make the ring cost 1 mil gold and I'd still get it, so don't really care about that. Basically buy that ring and save all the questing for lvl 109 for those possible ilvl 800 + pieces on epic upgrades.

And if it turns out to be terrible? Just go 110 :)

Thanks @DeLindsay.
Let's wait and see what Blizzard will change 'til the release. :)

I will create a Demon Hunter for first tests. Staying 100 and see what i can get and then 101 and so on. When we all reach the point where we know which level to use then i will get a warlock there and park it as my new main / twink.

The most interesting part will be the 2nd stat scaling. Normally 100, 101 or 109 should be best. Especially if you will try to solo pve content. Atm i would guess that 101 will have an advantage due to the end quests of each zone. But well .... who knows?

Let's look at the hypothetical situation;

1. Artifact abilities, skills and gems work in BG's.

2. The battleground scaling system as it is right now, is how Blizzard intended it.

3. Mark of Honors allow you to buy the new PvP gear.

If yes to all of the above, we'll see A LOT of 109 premades as they can't be hit by anyone below level 105 and can just roflstomp everything. It might not be called twinking per se, but it's going to be a grind.

Users who are viewing this thread