Level 1 twinking in Vanilla (Help!)

Erubieho

Legend
I'm playing on a 1.12.1 private server these days and I'd like to make a level one twink there and have some fun dueling outside Orgrimmar. I'd like to get some info like best gear available back then, enchants, tips on where can I go without leveling and so on.

Thanks in advance. :)

PS: I'll probably make a rogue.

simple dagger with fiery or something was the weapon. the off hand had to be a furblog pouch. you farm the rep while dead and buy it

I can't see it being too hard to figure this all out on your own in about 20 mins. Just look through this list for the good enchants and buy the leather armor available at the leather armor merchant in one of the race starting zones.
list 1: Item Enhancements (Permanent) - Items - World of Warcraft
Look through this for enchants that were available back in vanilla, then look through this list:
Item Enhancements (Permanent) - Items - World of Warcraft and find ones that are better then the previous ones.
I could be wrong, but I believe dodge is the most important stat for level 1's before Wotlk.

I can't see it being too hard to figure this all out on your own in about 20 mins. Just look through this list for the good enchants and buy the leather armor available at the leather armor merchant in one of the race starting zones.
list 1: Item Enhancements (Permanent) - Items - World of Warcraft
Look through this for enchants that were available back in vanilla, then look through this list:
Item Enhancements (Permanent) - Items - World of Warcraft and find ones that are better then the previous ones.
I could be wrong, but I believe dodge is the most important stat for level 1's before Wotlk.

Wowhead is updated for retail, and isn't a very good resource for older versions of WoW. Openwow and wowwiki are better resources.

Wowhead is updated for retail, and isn't a very good resource for older versions of WoW. Openwow and wowwiki are better resources.

I realize it's updated but that doesn't stop it from being useful. It still has item lists you can make just by adding required criteria. Enchants have not changed much in the stats that they give, and today if level 1 twinks worked the same way as back then you would still be using the exact same enchants. (assuming the level requirement never got removed).
He can still find the enchants he wants and needs on wowhead, it will just take a little bit more effort.

Helmet
Ruby Shades as there was no good ones. (Not sure on enchants for helmets)
Neck
Voice Amplification Modulator
Shoulders
Nothing
Cloak
Linen Cloak - +3 Agility
Chest
The Ilevel 40 chest enchanted with + 150hp it's a dress or something.
Wrists
Vendor wrists enchanted with +9 stamina
Weapon
2x Keen Machete both enchanted with Fiery Weapon
Gloves
Herbalist's gloves enchanted with +15 agility
Belt
Squealer's Belt / Vendor Belt
Legs
Haliscan Leggings - 40stam armour enchant
Boots
Vendor Boots - +7 agility
Rings
Anything
Trinkets
Arena Grand Master

Helmet
Ruby Shades as there was no good ones. (Not sure on enchants for helmets)
Neck
Voice Amplification Modulator
Shoulders
Nothing
Cloak
Linen Cloak - +3 Agility
Chest
The Ilevel 40 chest enchanted with + 150hp it's a dress or something.
Wrists
Vendor wrists enchanted with +9 stamina
Weapon
2x Keen Machete both enchanted with Fiery Weapon
Gloves
Herbalist's gloves enchanted with +15 agility
Belt
Squealer's Belt / Vendor Belt
Legs
Haliscan Leggings - 40stam armour enchant
Boots
Vendor Boots - +7 agility
Rings
Anything
Trinkets
Arena Grand Master
Keen machete is and I believe it has always been a main hand weapon, so Keen Machete/Simple dagger would probably be far better. I also don't know why you guys all wanna go fiery weapon, since 15 agility was available in classic and it's a lot better.(Amirite?)

I never really liked 7 agility over 5 hit, but you should have both.
Herbalist's gloves were not usable at level 1 until cataclysm or MoP(I can't remember which), so the Worn Leather Gloves were BiS over the vendor gloves. The BiS chest I guess was Formal Dangui or the other dress that you could enchant +6 stats or +150 health on.
Also, I didn't play level 1 twinks in BC/classic, so most of this might be inaccurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keen machete is and I believe it has always been a main hand weapon, so Keen Machete/Simple dagger would probably be far better. I also don't know why you guys all wanna go fiery weapon, since 15 agility was available in classic and it's a lot better.(Amirite?)

I never really liked 7 agility over 5 hit, but you should have both.
Herbalist's gloves were not usable at level 1 until cataclysm or MoP(I can't remember which), so the Worn Leather Gloves were BiS over the vendor gloves. The BiS chest I guess was Formal Dangui or the other dress that you could enchant +6 stats or +150 health on.
Also, I didn't play level 1 twinks in BC/classic, so most of this might be inaccurate.

Means a lot knowing I've been corrected by you Boud, You're the one who got me into twinking when I saw your gear video on youtube :)

1) Rogues could not dual wield in Vanilla ... you had to learn that from a trainer at level 10
2) Ruby Shades were not in the game in Vanilla either ... the only helm available was the Red Defias Mask ... but because of the XP gain, you usually had to choose between a combination of it, Furbolg, and/or Arena trinket. Don't think you could get all 3 without leveling
3) As for the head enchant, we mainly used the +8 stamina one from the Un'Goro crater quests
4) Formal / Royal Dangui were used, not because of the enchants (those were added in TBC), but because of the rarity of the Formal Dangui. Most level 1 twinks just used their starting armor with the exception of Worn Leather Gloves and Keen Machete
5) Pretty sure there were different leg enchants back then too ... the ones from the old ZG raid could be used if you could convince someone to do it for you...but all their stats have changed. To be safe, use the arcanums you used on your head...those were really popular
6) Pretty much level 1 twinks went for stamina builds back then with Fiery enchants ... stamina was king
7) As for places to go without leveling ... the answer is no where. You needed to be summoned to Org/SW. You needed to be summoned and immediately die for the 3 extra items and run around in spirit form collecting rep

1) Rogues could not dual wield in Vanilla ... you had to learn that from a trainer at level 10
2) Ruby Shades were not in the game in Vanilla either ... the only helm available was the Red Defias Mask ... but because of the XP gain, you usually had to choose between a combination of it, Furbolg, and/or Arena trinket. Don't think you could get all 3 without leveling
3) As for the head enchant, we mainly used the +8 stamina one from the Un'Goro crater quests
4) Formal / Royal Dangui were used, not because of the enchants (those were added in TBC), but because of the rarity of the Formal Dangui. Most level 1 twinks just used their starting armor with the exception of Worn Leather Gloves and Keen Machete
5) Pretty sure there were different leg enchants back then too ... the ones from the old ZG raid could be used if you could convince someone to do it for you...but all their stats have changed. To be safe, use the arcanums you used on your head...those were really popular
6) Pretty much level 1 twinks went for stamina builds back then with Fiery enchants ... stamina was king
7) As for places to go without leveling ... the answer is no where. You needed to be summoned to Org/SW. You needed to be summoned and immediately die for the 3 extra items and run around in spirit form collecting rep

I believe starting areas (these where you spawn when you log in 1st time) award no exp too, but I'm not 100% sure.

well yeah. .. .but you can't do anything there. back then the only point of a level 1 was to duel outside of the main city or just sit there and epeen your HP. both were great 9 years ago...but boy have things changed! :)

Keen Machete for MH, OH Furbolg Pouch.

I still have one from back then, leveled to 2 on accident when logging in for first time since early WOTLK. :/ Played it through then, kept it BIS. 75k honor kills with no self farming, not bad.

Users who are viewing this thread