EU+US Level 1 Gear Compendium

What about DMF cloak?

Edit: Nvm looked it up, Linen Cloak 12 armor > DMF Cloak 6 armor.

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'll add the non-boa list too ... but with cross realm zones, it might not be such a big deal come MoP

say please?

copying Boud's initiative ... updated for 5.2 :)

all gonna change in a few weeks with 5.4! thanks for the test on the shield [MENTION=19840]Arnblas[/MENTION] ... i'll change it

For mages and warlocks, the guide recommends "Any BoA" for a main-hand weapon. However, none of the one-handed BoA weapons available to those classes seem to offer any kind of stats at level 1 other than high weapon DPS. And, I am not aware of any actual benefit to having high weapon DPS for a mage or warlock. Is there any reason not to use, for example, a Shortsword in that slot? This would save thousands of Justice or Honor Points that could be used for something else.

This analysis only applies to mages and warlocks: for priests, druids, and shamans, the best one-handed weapon seems to be Devout Aurastone Hammer, and for a two-handed weapon style (giving up some survivability for increased DPS) the best choice for all caster classes seems to be Dignified Headmaster's Charge.

The designation "any BoA" is just there to say basically it doesn't matter what you use. It is entirely viable to use a white or gray item, and the guide could be changed to reflect that. The same is true with Rogue weapons. We've pontificated over BiS a lot on these forums, but in all reality, the difference we are talking about is 15-20 damage a minute...hardly something a starting or intermediate twink would notice.

I'm thinking that with the changes in 5.4 and the allowance of a offhand int enchant it should be changed to say any 1H because at that point I could see no reason to use a 2H.

Thanks for the observations over the past couple of days guys. Keep em coming as we work to keep the guide updated and relevant

Users who are viewing this thread