Let's talk PvP racials.

here's my (highly subjective take)... a little disclaimer that human's perception seem a lot better on beta compared to private servers but in this post I'll ignore that fact and assume it's pretty ass since I haven't experienced the beta-perception myself. btw this is based off pvp and not pve.

Ally

Rogue
gnome = dwarf > human > nelf​

imo nelf, HU/gnome tie, dwarf
agree with Orc

Nelf have highest base dodge and agility of any race, gnome second, then troll. nature resist is aggravating in rogue vs rogue. NE have +stealth so indirectly they see you before you see them, +dodge racials to boot.

ally rogues vs horde rogues huge advantage especially sword sub HU, combat mace Dwarf will face melt horde rogues. 1 vs 1 combat in BGs occurs alot in BGs

Orc stun resist, AP boost racial is good, problem with their weapons racial, the weapons that make use it it aren't any good until late in the game

base stats and racials always scaled up as you leveled, until into WOTLK, the main reason blizz addressed it was the QQ on tauren having insane health pools due to the system that was in place since Van WOW​

imo nelf, HU/gnome tie, dwarf
agree with Orc

Nelf have highest base dodge and agility of any race, gnome second, then troll. nature resist is aggravating in rogue vs rogue. NE have +stealth so indirectly they see you before you see them, +dodge racials to boot.

ally rogues vs horde rogues huge advantage especially sword sub HU, combat mace Dwarf will face melt horde rogues. 1 vs 1 combat in BGs occurs alot in BGs

Orc stun resist, AP boost racial is good, problem with their weapons racial, the weapons that make use it it aren't any good until late in the game

base stats and racials always scaled up as you leveled, until into WOTLK, the main reason blizz addressed it was the QQ on tauren having insane health pools due to the system that was in place since Van WOW​

Base stats can never be compared to, or be considered superior to, racial abilities. You're telling me you're gonna roll nelf for some +agi and turn down EA? Roll human for +wep skill that doesn't impact pvp at all (except 0.04% crit per skill)? Fine if you're playing 19 twinks but above that you just can't.

Ally rogues don't have an advantage vs horde rogues because of orc stun resist. It's heavily tilted in the orc's favor.

Orc racial is super good at 60, but what stuns are at 19? Pally stun?

Maybe fire mage or shadow priest if they are spec'd into it.

Orc racial is super good at 60, but what stuns are at 19? Pally stun?

Maybe fire mage or shadow priest if they are spec'd into it.

best racials differ very much from 19 compared to 60 like you say. OP didnt specify which bracket so I guess most of us assumed he was asking in general.

I dont even know what to make of the guy above's post though. His post is centered around what +wep skill each race gets with X weapon type which makes his entire post very confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread